Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You can tank the Mark of Anguish with 2x Deterrence on The Fallen Protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    You can tank the Mark of Anguish with 2x Deterrence on The Fallen Protectors.
    Does that mean you aren't taking any damage when you deterrence?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

You Can disengage off the Assembly line safely! Not much but something. On Siegecrafter Blackfuse

The Fallen Protectors

Deterrence negates the damage of Inferno Strike (needs confirmation).
    confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    You Can disengage off the Assembly line safely! Not much but something. On Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    This despawns your pet. It's still faster than taking the tube though, since you bypass the animation time.

To add to Iron Juggernaut, if you soak the mine, you can disengage when you get closer to the ground to eliminate the fall damage. The same goes for jumping off the tower of Galakras.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now when yer mentioning Galakras , does pet despawn when you jump down like it used to on PTR?
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Does that mean you aren't taking any damage when you deterrence?
    Could look like it, highlighted the part of my stream where it happened, looks like I didn't take any damage whatsoever while Deterrence was up:
    http://www.twitch.tv/redtusktlw/c/2917302

Immerseus
    Swirl is easy enough to avoid so I would suggest saving Deterrence for the adds phase. Towards the end of the fight you get 4 to 9+ adds reaching pool in a short amount of time which can be dangerous. Deterrence prevents all damage from the blobs reaching the pool.

Deleted
    • With glyped Deterrence and Aspect of the Iron Hawk you can soak the crawler mines that are placed out.
    You don't even need the Glyph or Aspect since the damage gets completely deflected.
    Last edited by mmoc305283c570; 2013-09-19 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Swirl is easy enough to avoid so I would suggest saving Deterrence for the adds phase. Towards the end of the fight you get 4 to 9+ adds reaching pool in a short amount of time which can be dangerous. Deterrence prevents all damage from the blobs reaching the pool.
    The only time I ever needed deterrence for Immerseus were the first time the blobs spawn, after that it would only serve as someting to spare mana.
    Maybe anecdotal and we got many kills, but our low hp ppl (<500k) would sometimes die on the first spawn. After that all good for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nannos View Post
    You don't even need the Glyph or Aspect since the damage gets completely deflected.
    No it doesn't. Unless they changed how it worked since Tuesday I was taking about 40% of my health with deterrence up each time I took a mine.
    Last edited by Frozenhawk; 2013-09-12 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenhawk View Post
    No it doesn't. Unless they changed how it worked since Tuesday I was taking about 40% of my health with deterrence up each time I took a mine.
    Confirm this, deterrence doesn't seem to negate the damage you take, but the damage reduction helps soak it. Used my glyph for this last night.

Deleted
    Binding shot on Galakras can stun the whole wave (or at least part of it, if the got spread out).

Glyphed Explosion trap is great for interrupting Shamans and knocking Bonecrushers off NPCs (just placing it under Sylvana's feet).

10+ Year Old Account
    To add to what Tsoni mentioned about Glyphed Explosive Trap on Galakras, not only is it good for pushing Bonecrushers off an NPC, you can use them just behind the mobs that produce the flaming arrows (the ones that come in the waves on the ground) and push them closer to where the tank has the other adds stacked up. [If he/she doesn't have them stacked up on the archers, that is.]

Binding shot seemed to stun the adds while the tank was trying to group them up closer to our healers, so instead I opted to try out both Intimidation and Wyvern Sting. Wyvern Sting does NOT work against the shamans, as I had hoped it *might* be a very temporary interrupt mechanic but as long as I had my pet attacking a mob, Intimidation did work to stun both Bonecrushers and Shamans.

Anyone know if pets and existing dots generate rage on General Nazgrim when he's in d stance?

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Anyone know if pets and existing dots generate rage on General Nazgrim when he's in d stance?
    I believe pets left on him do, dots cast before defensive stance do not and dots applied during do. AMoC probably would give him rage since that updates dynamically.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

For AIM on paragon deterrence only does the damage reduction, it is NOT immunity/reflection (just tested...and died a horribly painful death).

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    This despawns your pet. It's still faster than taking the tube though, since you bypass the animation time.
    My pet never despawned when i disengaged off thou.......

Deterrence provides damage immunity to the Whirling Corruption, Desecrate and the AOE of the spawned Minions of Y'shaarjs in the Garrosh encounter.

This can be extremely helpful in Phase 3 (and can be a lifesaver), where all of his abilities become empowered as everything will be hitting so much harder.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2013-09-13 at 12:50 AM.