Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you want to despawn your pet by sending it at blackfuse until it ranges you, you have to make sure you are close enough to Blackfuse when you tell it to attack. I think the max range it will go after a target is 100 yards, beyond that it won't listen and will just stay by your side/stuck on the pipe (this is why if it gets up on the pipe it won't go down after blackfuse) assuming you tank blackfuse by the other belt. Basically it means you need to send your pet at blackfuse soon after you jump down from the belt or get yanked off, because if you run to the pipe first you can be out of range. In order to do that you should manually resummon your pet as soon as you reach the main platform instead of waiting for the game to respawn it automatically, which takes quite a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex1909 View Post
    Something else i found by accident, When Blackfuse uses the lasso/laser to pull you off the belt, if you time your disengage right when he's lasso'ed you, you can stay on the belt adn the debuff will still be ticking off.
    It's pretty easy to time, if you have Bigwigs and emphasize the belt timers. While she's doing the audible count down, I time it like so:
    "5...4...3...2(jump)...1(Disengage)...!"
    (so essentially, it's ~1 second before the next belt starts, not at 0)
    Make sure to be near the edge so that you don't Disengage all the way across the belt and fall off behind you. I never rely on this during heroic attempts, but have ~75% success rate during wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Tried it multiple times never worked, probably better off just getting off the belt early and getting in position/getting a new pet out.
    isnt hard to do, all you need to do is run all the way in the back and halfway when he pulls you into main platform you hit disengage, but as other said before unless you kill the weapons in 1st 2 beams there is no advantage in using this.

10+ Year Old Account
    When stunning the bats on heroic Thok, do they still put out raid-wide damage? I sort of already know the answer to this, but I like to be certain of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    When stunning the bats on heroic Thok, do they still put out raid-wide damage? I sort of already know the answer to this, but I like to be certain of things.
    Yes. However stunning them so they stay inside a Solar Beam is still good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Sounds alot like the "I can totally jump through these tornadoes guys, watch m-OH SHIT" on Al'akir/Spirit kings (tornados/flanks respectively). The beam is theoretically a line that pulses every .5 seconds with lethal damage, so if you manage to move through it quickly enough (Say, with disengage) you can end up in between one of those pulses and make it safely to the other side. But it's by no means reliable at all. Same goes for most other mechanics like that - it pulses quickly (whether it's damage, or grapping you as the tornadoes did), but if you manage to time it right, you can make it through (and please, don't start the whole "NO NO, IT'S THE SERVER WHO DOESN'T RECOGNISE YOU AS HAVING MOVED FROM A SPOT BEFORE YOU LAND YOUR JUMP"-thing. That might have been true at one point, but it's been *ages* since that was true - else the Al'akir trick with jumping out and disengaging back in behind the tornadoes would never have worked).
    It's still the case, it's not something they can fix, since it's a limitation in the coding and not a bug.

Wow just can't detect in air phases, it just flags it as a 0 - which means you weren't technically in between point a and b.

That's also the reason why if the beam crosses your leaving point while you are mid air, you will die of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. However stunning them so they stay inside a Solar Beam is still good.
    Could you elaborate on the bit about Solar Beam, please? I think I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    Could you elaborate on the bit about Solar Beam, please? I think I'm missing something.
    Solar Beam (and Ring of Peace) will stop the raid wide AoE damage. As with everything to do with Solar Beam in PvE the tiniest movements from where the beam was cast will cause the blanket silence to not take effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solar Beam (and Ring of Peace) will stop the raid wide AoE damage. As with everything to do with Solar Beam in PvE the tiniest movements from where the beam was cast will cause the blanket silence to not take effect.
    Yeah, I sort of figured but I thought that because they'd continue to emit their raid-wide damage regardless of a stun, that a silence effect wouldn't work on them. Thank you for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    It's still the case, it's not something they can fix, since it's a limitation in the coding and not a bug.

Wow just can't detect in air phases, it just flags it as a 0 - which means you weren't technically in between point a and b.

That's also the reason why if the beam crosses your leaving point while you are mid air, you will die of it.
    I'm sorry, but no. It's not how it works. You've been around for a while, so I'm sure you remember the very "famous" hunter trick-jump from Devai on paragon's al'akir kill - here's a link to refresh your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeY1Hxv-u8 (about a minute in). You can clearly see that the tornado rolls over, and is way past, where Devai stood before he lept out. If what you are saying is true, the tornado's should have picked him up.
    On the other hand, it was virtually impossible to actually jump *through* the tornadoes - no matter if they managed to get to the point where you were standing or not.
    No, this entire "game can't recognise if you're in the air or not" is pure bullshit - it's made up by players who died from standing too long in shit, and blamed it on the game engine not being "able to handle jumping".

Also, this whole bat-thing - our bats usually live for 20-30 seconds, and I can't go far enough back in our logs to actually find a week where they started doing their AOE bullshit to check if the damage keeps going, but looking +6 weeks of data over, oftenly, a single 5 second stun is all we use on them while they're alive in that 20-30 second period (sometimes there's a second stun, but it doesn't seem to matter). Stun them while they're casting or before they start, and I think you'll be just fine, is what I'm getting at.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2014-01-27 at 05:35 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the solution to the bats is to do the frost door first and kill him before you have to open another one.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Obviously the solution to the bats is to do the frost door first and kill him before you have to open another one.
    Why on earth would you want to do that? Less deeps, 7 bats to beast cleave is woooonderfull Tobin .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Also, this whole bat-thing - our bats usually live for 20-30 seconds, and I can't go far enough back in our logs to actually find a week where they started doing their AOE bullshit to check if the damage keeps going, but looking +6 weeks of data over, oftenly, a single 5 second stun is all we use on them while they're alive in that 20-30 second period (sometimes there's a second stun, but it doesn't seem to matter). Stun them while they're casting or before they start, and I think you'll be just fine, is what I'm getting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    We don't have issues with bats. I asked purely out of curiosity because during our very recent kill, someone asked if they could be stunned and that's about as far as that discussion got. They typically live for around 20 to 30 seconds. Despite it being our first kill and somewhat sloppy at that, we killed him on the third chase before fire door.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    also anyone have problems with pet despawning on the first boss? it happened multiple times for me
    What talent did you use? i had blinking strikes and was dispawning all the time, changed to lynx and i was ok,never dispawned again

It's not picked up by WOL very well for some reason, but the AOE damage done by the bats on Thok is due to a buff some of them get called Vampiric Frenzy. If only 1 bat has this buff, only that one will do AOE damage. The bats are stunnable, and everything I've read and seen up to this point has indicated that to me that stunning a bat with vampiric frenzy will stop the AOE damage as well, but I admit I'm not 100% positive, it could just be a periodic AOE effect that I haven't been looking at closely enough. At the very least, you should be able to prevent bats from buffing themselves with vampiric frenzy by stunning them, and targeting the bats that have the buff with whatever single target damage people are doing in their AOE rotation will also help reduce the incoming damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering if any of you guys know the haste threshold on each attack from Dire Beast. Since I'm playing BM and not sure if I should focus on going haste > mastery > crit or haste = mastery > crit.

Last I heard there was no definitive breakpoint for dire beast attacks. For the two stat priorities you described it's very unlikely that there will be a difference in the number of attacks your dire beast gets. Movement and other fight mechanics will be a much bigger factor.

For stat priorities in general, it's looking more and more like (at least at the high end of ilvl) haste crit and mastery are all nearly equally potent, and you can pretty much choose whatever style you prefer without a big loss (or tailor it to a certain fight you're working on that may favor one build over another for some reason).
    Last edited by Thursley; 2014-01-27 at 10:11 PM.

Mathematically there are breakpoints for Dire Beast attacks but they are unreliable due to the varied travel time in the beast getting to the target and missed hits caused by the target moving. You shouldn't ever try to go for the breakpoints.

From the front page:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...es-january-28/

AMoC no longer causes stacks of swelling corruption on H-Immerseus, and no longer causes rage on H-Nazgrim in defensive.

Some tips i've picked up over the course of research and testing:
    General: BM Hunter's should have a Spirit Beast for Spirit Mend if another pet is not needed for a raid buff.
    General: Disengage with Glyph of Liberation can be macro'd into a commonly used abiilty like KC, AS or CS. Takes some getting use to and should be omitted for certain scenarios where Disengage is commonly used.(Seigecrafter)

Immerseus: Spirit Mend(BM Spirit Beast ability) and a Heavy Windwool Bandage will heal a Contaminated Puddle to full.

Malkorok: Spirit Bond only applies to the shield when not at 100% Health. Start the fight with your weapon unequipped. Re-equip after pull to get the added stam and sub 100% health allowing spirit bond to heal the shield. Equipping the weapon can be added to a opening rotation macro if used.

General Nazgrim: Binding shot can stun all adds. Ice trap slows all adds. Snake trap tickles all adds.
    General Nazgrim: Kor'kron Ironblades. Scatter shot will stop Ironstorm. Slow with Ice trap or Concussive shot and kite if Scatter Shot is on CD.

Spoils: Nameless Windwalker Spirit's spell Path of Blossoms can be removed using Deterrence.
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."