Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixor View Post
    How about no? Your guild wants to maximize your gear, so NM/HC will be more easy. Do you think the officer staff in Method or BL is forcing their memebers to do LFR? And if so, then they kinda need to join a casual aka "dont care about ranks/kills etc" guild - which is almost as low as a LFR hero...
    Who cares what Method or BL is doing? For like 5 guilds total in US/EU this game is basically a minimum wage job. What they do is in no way relevant to anyone outside of those guilds. If they want to spend their time running LFR one week for a set bonus because they think that is going to be the difference between a kill and a wipe that is their business, but no guild that's not going for world firsts has any business demanding that it's members run LFR. It's quite simple, if you're not going for world firsts and/or it's multiple weeks into latest tier and your guild attempts to force or guilt you into running LFR, then your guild is abusing you.

If you made it into one raiding guild, you can make it into most of the other ones out there as well. They're all almost always recruiting. So if you get abused by one, go elsewhere.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The decline started before LFR even existed. The games old, end of story. The first three tiers of this game were great because most of the players were still high on the Warcraft games. Lore rich, and finally being able to stick it to some jerks that were in the original games. Vanilla was a mess, glitches everywhere, instability due to too many players being in places. It was a pile, but it had that feel from the original games. I joined because it was an mmo and I was curious from random watchings of people playing EQ, how I didn't go to EQ instead, well, I some how ended up with warcraft for playstation. It was a fun little game, still amused at peons and peasants.

LFR is there for the 99% that does not get to down the final tier boss. That is it. The 1% got to see Naxx, okay great prestige, and seeing people in that tier 3 gear was all, omg where did he get that, he looks sooo cool I wish I were him crap. I say it's crap because everyone should have the opportunity, but back then, 40 people working together, yeah, that shit was difficult, more difficult than the bosses even. You whine because anyone can now beat a boss that's been given retard stats and their mechanics weakened? Really? They weren't handed heroic Lei Shen. Most afkers get booted from LFR because they get caught, the mechanics are a bit broken to where it's easy, but if you have enough afk dps not doing anything, yeah, you fail, same for healers, and no brainer for the two tanks. So yes, if you don't like LFR don't do it. Oh wait, you quit the game already and are still complaining about it, get over yourself. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Alerzhul View Post
    My question is this: how about the millions of loyal players lost due to this obnoxious catering to forum whiners and a "casual" play style? You really think the majority of these players supported LFR? nope.
    I'm going to respond to this ignorance with a bit of your own medicine...

Was there some survey conducted to get this information? If so, neither I nor anyone I know were asked for our opinions on the matter.

I can still be alright. Once again, OBVIOUSLY. But it is still in my best interest to do LFR if I want to raid normals and I am not caught up on gear. Fact. I state that as a fact because it is a fact. And this is the problem with it.
    If you do not like LFR, then OBVIOUSLY it isn't your most fun interest, which is the point of a video game. Fun.

My issue with it mainly is that it is that the people who are using it was the ones who bitched at people who used a similar attitude back in Cata and shows that they are no better.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR - don't like it don't do it

/thread

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    LFR - don't like it don't do it

/thread
    People like to be forced *Smirk

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    excuse
    disastrous
    faceroll mode
    unsub
    ignorant
    endless whining
    "casual"
    actual mmo crowd
    whining on forums
    no where near what it used to be
    afk
    epic
    the devs
    It's like these posts start out with a bucket full of hot-button phrases loosely connected together with "outraged" English. I thought for a minute that this one was from a Complaint Generator.

My complaint about LFR

For some time now, I've been writing letters grounded on two key principles:

"tolerance" means tolerance of all, not only of a select few, and
    LFR's prognoses are founded on lies.

For those of you who like to eat dessert before soup, my conclusion at the end of this letter is going to be that LFR believes that it is everyone's obligation to take advantage of human fallibility to promote the total destruction of individuality in favor of an all-powerful group. That view is anathema to the cause of liberty. If it is not loudly refuted our future will be dire indeed. To be blunt, the gloss that LFR's worshippers put on LFR's memoirs unfortunately does little to halt the destructive process that is carrying our civilization toward extinction.

LFR is doing everything in its power to make me experience psychological stress or "cognitive dissonance". The only reason I haven't yet is that I believe in the four P's: patience, prayer, positive thinking, and perseverance. Although I generally try to be tolerant of unabashed laziness, defiant incompetence, willful ignorance, and combative arrogance, LFR adamantly maintains that might makes right. Such beliefs would be totally factual if it weren't for reality. As it stands, LFR's favorite tactic is known as "deceiving with the truth". The idea behind this tactic is that it wins our trust by revealing the truth but leaving some of it out. This makes us less likely to stop the Huns at the gate. I'm not the first to mention that we must do everything we can to discuss the relationship among three converging and ever-growing factions—ignominious, temperamental loobies, sniffish, inaniloquent sideshow barkers, and the most lamebrained fast-buck artists you'll ever see. Fortunately, instilling a sense of responsibility and maturity in those who provide unrealistic conspiracies with the necessary asylum to take root and spread is an activity that's right in my wheelhouse. I even know where to begin: by informing people everywhere that LFR has never gotten ahead because of its hard work or innovative ideas. Rather, all of LFR's successes are due to kickbacks, bribes, black market double-dealing, outright thuggery, and unsavory political intrigue.

My usual response to LFR's barbs is this: My aim is to work together in an atmosphere of friendship and hope. However, such a response is much too glib and perhaps a little hostile, so let me be more specific. LFR's execrations all stem from one, simple, faulty premise, that drug money is being used to pay for the construction of huge underground cities intended to house both humans and aliens who serve a secret, transnational shadow government. LFR's rapacious roorbacks are a locomotive of Bulverism. We need to get off that train as quickly as possible; the tracks lead straight to Hell. Personally, I would much rather be on a train in which the passengers recognize that it would be charitable of me not to mention that the only winners in LFR's games are ambulance services and funeral homes. Fortunately, I am not beset by a spirit of false charity so I will instead maintain that I am intellectually honest enough to admit my own previous ignorance in that matter. I wish only that it had the same intellectual honesty. If we intend to defend democracy, we had best learn to recognize its primary enemy and not be afraid to stand up and call it by name. That name is LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellcrs View Post
    The decline started before LFR even existed. The games old, end of story. The first three tiers of this game were great because most of the players were still high on the Warcraft games. Lore rich, and finally being able to stick it to some jerks that were in the original games. Vanilla was a mess, glitches everywhere, instability due to too many players being in places. It was a pile, but it had that feel from the original games. I joined because it was an mmo and I was curious from random watchings of people playing EQ, how I didn't go to EQ instead, well, I some how ended up with warcraft for playstation. It was a fun little game, still amused at peons and peasants.

LFR is there for the 99% that does not get to down the final tier boss. That is it. The 1% got to see Naxx, okay great prestige, and seeing people in that tier 3 gear was all, omg where did he get that, he looks sooo cool I wish I were him crap. I say it's crap because everyone should have the opportunity, but back then, 40 people working together, yeah, that shit was difficult, more difficult than the bosses even. You whine because anyone can now beat a boss that's been given retard stats and their mechanics weakened? Really? They weren't handed heroic Lei Shen. Most afkers get booted from LFR because they get caught, the mechanics are a bit broken to where it's easy, but if you have enough afk dps not doing anything, yeah, you fail, same for healers, and no brainer for the two tanks. So yes, if you don't like LFR don't do it. Oh wait, you quit the game already and are still complaining about it, get over yourself. Please.
    I completely agree with you, however, you have these "special" individuals that don't seem to get that message (the US forum has one in particular I argue with on a constant basis).

They love using LFR or casuals as a scapegoat because it seems to be the "flavor of the month/year/decade" argument.

I've just resorted to using random Stephen King quotes at these types of posts:

“A man who can't bear to share his habits is a man who needs to quit them.” -Stephen King
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-09-05 at 11:39 PM.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

- - - Updated - - -

In other words, "I disagree with you, so you must be trash and you must go." Have fun in life with that attitude bud

In other words, "I disagree with you, so you must be trash and you must go." Have fun in life with that attitude bud[/QUOTE]

Look at your posts man.. You are putting no valid argument just your opinion. New flash everyone has opinions .. they are like ass holes.

My life is fantastic .. honestly I really couldn't ask for more... Maybe a Corvette but ya win some you loose some.

People who wine piss and moan etc.. when they have a multiple other threads where could voice the opinion...

You couldn't do this you thought you were special ..and important enough to create a whole new thread....

Your not as special as your mommy told ya... sorry.

Unsub you won't be missed trust me.

Oh look, another garbage thread spewing incorrect "facts" about raid finder hurting the game because his guild makes him do it.

Can never have too many "LOLFR Sucks" threads. Keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    100%

Don't like it when it's turned around onto you, do you? You don't even have a leg to stand on, everyone has beaten the facts of non-LFR gearing progression into your empty skull but you disregard it to cry on your soapbox like an entitled prat.
    There it is again, "everyone." We are on forums. The forums are ridden with LFR heroes paranoid that their precious LFR might be taken away and they might find themselves actually getting what they deserve in the future, which is not a whole lot. I am used to people like you and I was expecting this kind of reaction, not at all surprised. Kind of ironic that I'm the one being called entitled tho lol. But anyway, I do hope you enjoy your hollow victories and rewards, LFR hero.

<------ Yep LFR Hero.

and loving life

Yes, you can obviously progress through normals and heroics without setting foot in LFR, but that doesn't change the fact (let me say that again...fact) that it is still in the best interest of many raiders to do LFR.
    Your argument might've had some basis two years ago when DS came out, but today it's just fucking mindless crying.

Wanna know why? I'll tell you a secret... Because raiders have farmed their arse off in normal and heroic modes for ten times over already before last part of LFR is out. At that point no loot and no content in LFR makes a bit of difference to the organized guild raiding and is totally optional. At no point during MoP I've felt forced to do LFR to benefit my mainspec gear in any way. Item levels of LFR pieces are so far behind normal and heroic modes that those are not really beneficial, not even set bonuses. Things were different in Cata when LFR originally came out, but now it really is optional, and if you don't like it, you do not have to do it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Hey, wouldn't it be cool if MMO-champion started rolling with a rule of banning certain tired topics? If it's something that's been bitched to death (LFR), that's grounds for deletion because frankly everything you can say about it has been said, probably a hundred times over.

Would save people a lot of time, and headaches.

LFR is not going away, just like LFD is not going away. If you can't accept that, feel free to quit. Blizzard doesn't listen to complaints on fan forums, they listen to money they're no longer getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    There it is again, "everyone." We are on forums. The forums are ridden with LFR heroes paranoid that their precious LFR might be taken away and they might find themselves actually getting what they deserve in the future, which is not a whole lot. I am used to people like you and I was expecting this kind of reaction, not at all surprised. Kind of ironic that I'm the one being called entitled tho lol. But anyway, I do hope you enjoy your hollow victories and rewards, LFR hero.
    I do, thank you for the well-wishes.

Doesn't change the fact that you can completely ignore LFR in favor of more time-efficient gearing methods such as Heroic scenarios, rep grinds, and in five days, Timeless Isle, all of which are far more reliable than LFR drop rates (especially in SoO LFR, which will have ToT LFR's current awful drop rates) and all of which you can do with your guildies to speed the process up even further.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    In other words, "I disagree with you, so you must be trash and you must go." Have fun in life with that attitude bud
    Look at your posts man.. You are putting no valid argument just your opinion. New flash everyone has opinions .. they are like ass holes.

My life is fantastic .. honestly I really couldn't ask for more... Maybe a Corvette but ya win some you loose some.

People who wine piss and moan etc.. when they have a multiple other threads where could voice the opinion...

You couldn't do this you thought you were special ..and important enough to create a whole new thread....

Your not as special as your mommy told ya... sorry.

Unsub you won't be missed trust me.[/QUOTE]

Grammar is hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Let me start with this quote: "If you don't like it, don't do it"
    Why? Because it totally fits your rant, you can just NOT do it.

Why is that a fact? Care to provide any proof?

Aah yes, because 2 million additional raiders in this game is a bad thing.
    Finally having a reason to create gigantic raids with 16 bosses is a bad thing.
    Because actually entertaining your playerbase is a bad thing.
    Which had absolutely nothing to do with any lack of competition. (/sarcasm)
    Yes, there was.
    It's called "number of people who raid" and "feedback during TBC/WotLK".

It only takes 10 minutes of my time to make fun of your arguments and prove you wrong.
    It takes 4-5 hours a day to join a raiding guild.

Do you see the irony?

Because LFR, Flex, Normal and Heroic + Achievements is really a "one-size"?

This surely goes into the top 10 of bullshit I have ever read on this forum.
    Congratulation!

PS. LFR: "If you don't like it, don't do it"
    The more assessable this game has become the more subs it seems to lose. MOP is what some people call the best expansion ever with content coming out faster than ever before and yet record sub loses.
    LFR makes the end game way to assessable and is clearly a major cause of the problem I'm just amazed you cant see it. Blizzard clearly can, why on earth do you think they did the unthinkable and release yet another raid in "flex raid". They want people OUT of LFR and into organized raids because they know single player content is bad for the game long term and allowing the end game to be seen as a single player was a huge mistake.
    You need to wake up as before long you wont have a game to blindly defend any more.