10+ Year Old Account

Fiber Optic [Australia]

So, there's two parties here. Coalition and Labor, Labor promises complete fiber optic system to and from the home whereas Coalition would rather stick fiber optic cables to the node only. Labor's idea gives us a completely new structure to build upon and constantly upgrade overtime, we'll see maximum speeds of 100mbps whereas Coalition's idea keeps us held back in the Tech world because we've done all we can with copper wire cabling, those speeds will be 25mbps and likely to get very outdated over the years. More information can be found here: http://www.iwantmynbn.com.au/the_facts

Our election is coming up and should Coalition win, we're gonna be stuck with copper wire to the home. Any other Aussies annoyed by this? How can Tony Abbott be so out of touch. (Then again, that's the deal with every politician) While I can understand that fiber optic to the home will be expensive, it promises us a very positive future for Australia as we will be up to date.

Anyone that wants Fiber Optic, visit http://www.iwantmynbn.com.au/ and click "I want my NBN" and those from other countries that want us to have that luxury finally, please do click it aswell.

Thoughts?

Edit: Abbott got in, looks like Fiber Optic won't be a reality since he's in power now. But signing http://www.change.org/petitions/the-...ftth-nbn#share is worth a shot, so if you have time, please sign it.

Then there's this idiot..
    - Foxtel is paid TV btw.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-09-09 at 04:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can he be so out of touch?

Blame Howard for booting the wets out of the party, and blame Labor for allowing the Liberals to set the agenda. That's why political discourse is about nothing but Carbon Taxes and Boat People.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    How can he be so out of touch?

Blame Howard for booting the wets out of the party, and blame Labor for allowing the Liberals to set the agenda. That's why political discourse is about nothing but Carbon Taxes and Boat People.
    He's out of touch because he thinks that sort of tech is enough for us Australians, little does he know that the Tech world is constantly improving and soon enough we're gonna have to rely on fast up and down speeds eventually. Copper has reached it's use with what we can do with it, it's gonna be more expensive down the road if we follow the Coalition's idea, when the time comes to upgrade again. I like to think of it as a car, you either solve the problem or apply a small fix and experience even more problems down the road that will be expensive compared to getting it solved as soon as the problem pops up.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Signed it earlier today.

Pretty disappointed about the planned changes. My area looked like it would be started in the next few months.

The NBN is one of the reasons I ended up voting for Labour (I really disliked as well Rudd).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Rupert Murdoch was another reason I voted Labour. I'm not a fan of how his papers covered the election.