View Poll Results: what do you think of russia sending in warships?

Voters
182. This poll is closed
  • good move to save civilians

65 35.71%
  • bad move because it could lead to a conflict on accident

22 12.09%
  • russia wants to flex its muscles, maybe even start a small skirmish with the US

66 36.26%
  • other

29 15.93%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Russia Sends Warships to the Coast of Syria

Russia is sending warships to the syrian coast, claiming its to help evacuate civilians. what do you think? it seems unwise since a miscommunication between russian and us warships could lead to a skirmish. why not just send civilian ships?

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=201...rships%2Bsyria

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a silly question to ask

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be more prudent to send different type of ships than *WAR SHIPS*?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah why not send Yachts and luxury cruise ships?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warships(if by that they mean aircraft carriers or other such large ships) can hold much more people than even a shipping barge so this is probably the fastest way
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Russia wont do anything there. Maybe shoot down missiles, if they attacked US in them waters their ships are doomed and they know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    surprised the Russian navy can still even float.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    Warships(if by that they mean aircraft carriers or other such large ships) can hold much more people than even a shipping barge so this is probably the fastest way
    yeah i remember the royal navy doing the same thing before, can't remember where, maybe it was libya, don't really remember. but we sent some warships to rescue people. they hold a lot of people.
    dragonmaw - EU

i can see where unarmed vessels carrying refugees might be considered vulnerable to attach from one side or the other. do i think this is the reason for russian warships? not really. they could always prove me wrong be sailing away guarding the civilian transport ships i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    seems unwise since a miscommunication between russian and us warships could lead to a skirmish.
    That seems extremely unlikely to me, 1 with the technology of US ships and theirs and 2 the standing ROE of US ships will probably be don't fire unless fired upon (or something to that effect)

So you'd rather they send an unarmed ship to get civilians out of a war zone? What?

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind if there was a stand off. Obama needs to see the shit he's getting us into.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    So you'd rather they send an unarmed ship to get civilians out of a war zone? What?
    Stop making sense! People in here want their Russia/US war fantasy to be real...apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Stop making sense! People in here want their Russia/US war fantasy to be real...apparently.
    I don't want any War.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wouldn't it be more prudent for Americans to send ships instead of missiles? Seems even if the Russians send warships they're being more humanitarian than us.

The United States sent warships to evacuate South Vietnam during the Fall of Saigon. It makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to say this will end well and not mean it sarcastically/sadly...sadcastically.

Russia wants to show that they are still a potent world power.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Russia wants to pretend that they are still a potent world power.
    fixt

/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    The United States sent warships to evacuate South Vietnam during the Fall of Saigon. It makes sense.
    also helicopters
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    fixt

/10
    Russia has approximately 1800 nukes active, they are still a world power.