How do I do the "Spirit of the Storm Lord" quest

Ok wowhead has literally not been helping at all and thats the only thing that pops up for this quest. Ive tried 5 times and I throw the spear, get no line, and aggro the Nalak. Is there a specific place to stand on this guy?

Aggro him first, then throw your spear. I have heard that it gets wonky if you pull with the quest item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deristus View Post
    Aggro him first, then throw your spear. I have heard that it gets wonky if you pull with the quest item.
    On my priest, I aggroed him, threw the spear, used the talent to go invisible, and ran around after he reset to let the quest complete.

All you have to do is throw the spear and run away from the thing that chases you until it dies, not sure what's confusing you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to damage him THEN throw the spear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Does it matter who aggros it? Like if i arrive and see the alliance pulling it (im horde) can I sitll siphon it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard of a bug saying you have to damage Nalak before throwing the spear, so I moonfired him, then threw the spear and ran away, worked no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flaggel View Post
    Does it matter who aggros it? Like if i arrive and see the alliance pulling it (im horde) can I sitll siphon it?
    Yes you can do that, you need only survive... Hope you aren't on a PVP server!

It took me two tries in the same lifespan of Nalak. The first was when he was just pulled. Didn't work. I went bazonkers on him until he was lower than 20% and speared. *pop* Cloud monster comes chasing me.

I get the feeling he's trying to do the quest alone.... you're supposed to do it while a raid is fighting Nalak, of course he's going to kill you if you're alone.

You HAVE to tag him with a regular attack and not the spear first.