Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Dead horse milking the dead cow.

The first Robocop had violence, satire, and originality. If you go into this film expecting none of these things then you may enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I like the new Robocop design but seeing how they actually brought back the original look from the first movie and THEN went to the new look, that was kind of disappointing.
    They should call him Bat-robo-man-cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

That looked mind blowingly terrible O.o
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I like this director a lot, he made two of the greatest Brazilian movies ever, but again he had all the freedom in the world over there, this on the other hand looks like a big studio movie with a huge budget and a lot of corporate men opinions, it might suck, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like it could be even worse than that stupid Total Recall remake.

Deleted
    Shame to say, but it has to be a PG-13, as futuristic ass kicking robot appeals to a huge audience pool and the obvious merchandising rights that will come with it.
    yes it should be a adult only movie, God knows there is only a few really good adult only sci fi movies, and I can probably count them all on two hands. But we all know that Hollwood is about "ill buy that for a Dollar".

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you name those films, Sigma? For our future viewing pleasure (no sarcasm).

10+ Year Old Account
    It appears from the trailer that they are trying to be worse than any other Robocop managed to be.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmariella View Post
    Could you name those films, Sigma? For our future viewing pleasure (no sarcasm).
    This is purely a personal list, that I would consider to be really good, Adult only Sci-fi, by which I mean a sci fi movie I would not let a a child watch due to elements within the movie. You have probably seen them all though.

Alien / Aliens. After the second they get a little silly
    Prometheus
    Starship Troopers (first one)
    Terminator
    Robocop - First one
    Cloverfield
    Event Horizon
    Predator
    Blade Runner

Disappointed in everyway possible, They could have made it a whole new story with a Robo4 instead of rebooting it.

Confused here... why are they calling him RoboCop?

I mean, why not just make it an original movie and just change the names? That's pretty much what they've done here and they wouldn't have to pay for the license. It's not like Robocop has a huge enough following to cash in on nostalgia and people wanting a remake. Plus, it's not really a remake when none of the original content is in it...

Seriously... a car bomb?! A human arm?! PG-13?! Christ, two of the best scenes in the first movie was when the guy gets blown away to bits and when that OCP guy gets shot by the ed209...

And I can just see how badly they're hammering in the touchy-feely BS about him being partly human and robot. It wasn't exactly subtle in the original movies, but it wasn't shoved down our throats.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    meh. If it never got made then I wouldn't care. It's one of those things that doesn't need to happen at all. Remaking these 80s/90s movies is getting old. Not that the original film is such a classic, but it certainly didn't need to be re-made.

I wish they didn't do this despite the nice cast but I understand movie studios predicament.

As I mentioned in another thread one of the biggest problems movie studios are having is getting people out to a new a film that isn't a sequel, reboot, book, or comic. Based on the US data only this year for instance The Croods is the highest grossest 'New" film at 187 million. There are 8 "old" films which did better. Last year I would put Brave as the top "New" film at 237 million with 7 films "Old" films doing better. In 2011 I want to say either the Help or Bridesmaids is the top new film at 169 million with 12/13 old films doing better. I think the Help is based off a book but I'm not sure.

So, if you were a movie studio do you go "new" or "old"?

Oh, wow, a remake, who would've thought.

I liked the original one. This one is probably OK, but looks/feels way too much like ... well, any other film from the last few years from The Transformers to The Dark Knight Rises and everything in between.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    This is purely a personal list, that I would consider to be really good, Adult only Sci-fi, by which I mean a sci fi movie I would not let a a child watch due to elements within the movie. You have probably seen them all though.

Alien / Aliens. After the second they get a little silly
    Prometheus
    Starship Troopers (first one)
    Terminator
    Robocop - First one
    Cloverfield
    Event Horizon
    Predator
    Blade Runner
    I would add The Fly (the original remake, forget the sequel).
    The Thing (the Carpenter remake, more horror I suppose though)
    Brazil
    Escape from New York
    Sunshine
    District 9
    Monsters
    Moon
    Solaris (the original)

The main problem I have with going into this Robocop remake isn't the rating ( Pg-13s these are capable of having some brutal violence, maybe not original Robocop brutal though) or the cast or Knight Rider aesthetics, but the fact Murphy isn't going to die. It's a small but important change and one which will change the complexion of the story and the Murphy character. Perhaps this version's story of a man reclaiming his humanity will be just as compelling as watching the original Murphy's resurrection slowly unfold, but I have my doubts. Given the nature of the remakes/reboots these days I expect it to be Robocop in name and concept alone. Still, the director is pretty good and Joel Kinnaman was good in The Killing (US) so it may not be too bad if you go into it expecting UnRobocop instead of a straight up remake of the Verhoeven original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiawase View Post
    This is just a minor nitpick in a sea of legitimate complaints about this new film but... I really still don't like the human right hand. It just looks so stupid.
    And it's not even the left arm!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean FFS where is the Ultra Violence, The satire, The Fact Alex Murphy doesnt die and get resurrected instead this is just a watered downed pile of shit designed to appeal to kiddies and comic book Iron man fans and not fans of the original Robocop movie like me

Must hollywood rape every one of my most cherished movie franchises
    pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And it's not even the left arm!
    God, the arm scene in the orignal was so telling... It's a shame that this new OCP seems to be just textbook evil corporation. I'm half-expecting to see people gently stroking cats in the darkness or twirling their curly moostaches. OOO, please tell me they have a maniacle Dr. Evil laugh at least!!!
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

This trailer is Garbage, Murphy remembering his Wife and Kid is crap, and him interacting with them is even more garbage. As one poster said, the story was about Murphy discovering his Humanity

And where the Hell is Lois? She was such a Vitally important character in all the movies, and her omission is unforgivable.

This seems to really just be a generic PG-13 Superhero vs. Evil Corporation movie masquerading as Robocop for the sake of doing more ticket sales, I cant say I blame them, but Im not giving them my money