Poll: How would you feel about Illidan making a come back?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Potential Illidan Return

I've heard, at several separate points in time, that Blizzard wants to/plans to bring back Illidan Stormrage. When and how obliviously have not been openly discussed, all I know is that Metzen original stated that the guys on the lore team love a good redemption story, and Illidan is about as good as it gets with that type of thing. More recently I remember hearing that Metzen and Crew have plans to bring Illidan back at some point.

I personally don't know how I feel about this, Illidan is my all time favorite Warcarft character, he's got a great back story and has had great character development, but I also hate it when Blizzard polls the "switcharoo" like this out of their asses (Kael'thas)(Bolvar/Lich King). How would you feel to have Stormrage back?
    "I intend to live forever."

Honestly, as bad as it sounds to revive him, I think the playebase would be happy to see him again, bar some "lolore" whiners.

The redemption of illidan would have to be well done though. I guess he'd fit in a legion-centric expansion (Which is hopefully the next xpac )

I'd like to see him in Caverns of Time/flashback scene because I think his character had way more depth as a power hungry Nelf.

After he got his emo wings and horns, his character became kind of one dimensional.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what weapons he will use, cause Im not giving him his glaives back

I'd welcome his return. I dont like how he was handled in TBC, despite being a really cool fight. He shouldnt have been killable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Orc spines and skulls as flails. Garrosh in one hand, Malkorok in another, with spikes hammered into their skulls.
    Oh wait, he can have his glaives back if I can have those!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    I wonder what weapons he will use, cause Im not giving him his glaives back
    I never gave Gorehowl to Garrosh, YET LOOK WHO HAS IT RIGHT NOW.

It'd be cool to see Illidan back but only if they can accomplish the following:

-Resurrect him in a reasonable fashion.
    -Learn the meaning of "Anti-hero".
    -Have him be a self loyal quest giver, and major player during a Legion Expansion
    -(Maybe) Open up possibilities for some Night Elf Lore, using Illidan to develop Tyrande and Malfurion (Not at the expense of Illidan's characterization.)

And I don't even like Elves.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2013-09-06 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really would like to see how they pull it off if they do end up bringing Illidan back, it would be really interesting. Maybe bring him back as a ghost of the past (Black Temple was merely a setback). Would make some sense to bring him back in an Azshara expansion because of the Naga and all but we will have to wait and see.

If they bring back Illidan, then they need to do something with the spirit of Gul'dan as well, which would make whatever they did with Illidan worth while.

The game has pretty much been shit with progressing the story, so as much as i liked illidan, hes better off dead. The only good bits of lore in this game came from riding the coattails of WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious: What exactly did Illidan do to us that warranted us killing him?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Illidan, Vashj and Kael'Thas conquered Outland, which we didn't like, aswell as Illidan helping the Legion plan the all out destruction of Azeroth.

I'd love to see him come back! Either an uncorupted Illadin who put his hand in the well created a copy of himself. Or because he's so corrupted with demonic energy he is reborn with his body, because some demons do not fully die they are never truely dead. So he turns up on Argus and free from demonic control wanting revenge!

I'm sorry if I'm being too blunt, but it ALWAYS depends on how they do it.

I doubt ANYONE would feel good about illidan returning to life through unexplained means, saying "hai gusy" and than being run over by a truck and dying again.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Being a tyrant, slavery, hoarding resources and waging war against anyone else in Outland like the Sha'tar, Horde or Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard promised we'd see Illidan again, and we did.. In WoE instance...

There have been absolutely no indications that we will ever see him again, so leave it at that...

Black Temple WAS NOT a setback.. It was his demise!!!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Kil'jaeden mostlikely would resurrect Illidan just to torture him, we'll rescue him and he'll start training demon hunters... That is if he's even really really dead, can't remember looting his head or anything, can't trush Maeiv to finish off the millennium long relationship. Do demon's even die in wow, or just get spirited away? Heck even nightelves were immortals at some point....
    Last edited by mmoc198caea9b6; 2013-09-06 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Blizzard promised we'd see Illidan again, and we did.. In WoE instance...

There have been absolutely no indications that we will ever see him again, so leave it at that...

Black Temple WAS NOT a setback.. It was his demise!!!
    WoE was in the PTR before Blizzcon, Metzen said he would be revived and be seen in the future. For the past two Blizzcons they have been bringing him back into the story.

He even answered it again recently, so deal with it.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...48227557363712

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crista View Post
    Kil'jaeden most likely would resurrect Illidan just to torture him, we'll rescue him and he'll start training demon hunters... That is if he's even really really dead, can't remember looting his head or anything, can't trush Maeiv to finish off the millennium long relationship. And do demon's even die in wow, or just get spirited away.
    I don't think Blizzard has plans for a Demon Hunter class to be honest.

In short he is very machiavellian and values little beyond increasing his own power.

Probably his greatest transgression was seeding the second well of eternity, which opened the way for a legion invasion. For that he was imprisoned for 10000 years which is where you pick up on him from WC3. He then absorbed the skull of guldan and defeated a dread lord, at the cost of becoming a sort of demon which was unacceptable to Malfurian.

I find his path very similar to Arthas'. He is a villain mainly because his friends disown him for how far he is willing to go for the greater good rather than being outright evil. Both too have big reasons to be influenced by demonic forces because of the things they did.