Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Enh question for 5.4

Hey

This might have been asked elsewhere, but i havent seen it so here goes anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas what to expect from patch 5.4 in terms of stas choices and spec choices? ATM haste is the better of it, atleast with some right gear drops, but will that change to Mastery now Blizz have changed how haste scales with the RPPM trinkets?
    And what about Spec choices. Will that change if we change to mastery instead of haste?

Regards
    Chaos

Floor( 0,5 + 10*(1 + H) )
    Decimal 25% Haste H = 0,25).
    Breakpoints Floor
    H = 0,1 * (k - 10,5), k = 11, 12, 13

11: 5% Haste
    12: 15% Haste
    13: 25% Haste
    14: 35% Haste
    15: 45% Haste
    16: 55% Haste
    17: 65% Haste
    18: 75% Haste
    19: 85% Haste

1,45 / 1,05 = 29/21. Basic-Haste 8/21 (38,10%) 16193 Haste Rating 100 * 8/21 * 425 ~= 16191 Haste Rating.

1,05 ~ 1,05 1,45 / (1,05 * 1,05).

100% Uptime - 1/3 16193 * 2/3 ~= 10796 Haste Rating.

Yep haste will be better again

Deleted
    I know i may sound like a moron, but i didnt get much out of what u wrote, aside from " Yep haste will be better again".
    If i get what u wrote correctly, haste will still be the better choice of stats. Does that still mean that 2 haste > 1 agi or will that change?

From everything Totemspot has said, Mastery will be your top priority. Apparently Gemming straight agi with red and agi/mastery with orange is what you want till you get a bit more Siege gear where mastery will be over 2x agi point for point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdamnhero View Post
    From everything Totemspot has said, Mastery will be your top priority. Apparently Gemming straight agi with red and agi/mastery with orange is what you want till you get a bit more Siege gear where mastery will be over 2x agi point for point.

Mastery isnt bad but never forget the 4Piece boni, haste will scale so much stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Kesko View Post
    Mastery isnt bad but never forget the 4Piece boni, haste will scale so much stronger
    Mastery is going to be far better than haste next tier, irregardless of talent combinations or set bonuses. The main reason we stacked haste this tier was the interaction with RPPM trinkets and the meta gem, which is going away in 5.4.

The guys over at Totemspot are working on simming optimal talent combinations are calculating BiS lists and everything at the moment points to mastery being superior, and increasing in it's respective value as our ilvl increases.

Please have a read through this thread, especially the later posts.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, all those numbers to be completely wrong.

Mastery. Mastery. Mastery.

nope not wrong, calculate for the 4piece (fs breakpoint + sf red/phit) (st will be scale with haste too so its 0,47aps (permaprocc ll with this stats)

I just can't decide how to spec on patch day with our current high end gear and no promises of 2p or a trinket. (for example I am ilvl 548)

We're obviously heading towards mastery/UF teamed with either echo or swiftness in the future. But on the day of the patch, I really am not clear on the correct path and it is important to me to not drop too heavily in DPS so I can maintain my core raid spot, while I am a good raider strat/watching my feet wise - we have a decent bench and I am not keen on warming it!! (We're 25 man)

Regards

A paranoid enhancement shaman

Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post
    I just can't decide how to spec on patch day with our current high end gear and no promises of 2p or a trinket. (for example I am ilvl 548)

We're obviously heading towards mastery/UF teamed with either echo or swiftness in the future. But on the day of the patch, I really am not clear on the correct path and it is important to me to not drop too heavily in DPS so I can maintain my core raid spot, while I am a good raider strat/watching my feet wise - we have a decent bench and I am not keen on warming it!! (We're 25 man)

Regards

A paranoid enhancement shaman
    Whilst the forums are always here to help, if it's that much of a worry for you, you should probably actually go onto the PTR and test it yourself since you're going to have to adjust either way on patch day, and no amount of forum posters telling you X is best is going to make you instantly do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    On patch day it seems the way to go is AS/PE with Mastery/Agi.

2pc I eblieve it is AS/UF

and when you get CDR AS/PE again.

However, everything is SOOO close. The talents this patch are extremely close so I wouldnt worry about it too much. I will personally, probably stick with UF unless something changes just because I dislike PE.

As we get further and further into the tier full mastery takes over (some are even finding its very close to full mastery straight out of the gate).

Theres A LOT of information on Totemspot about it, Purge said he was going to try and finish up the guide this weekend so it will hopefully be a bit easier to navigate.

Thanks murderdoll,

I have had a good read of totemspot this morning, it's just inconclusive to me as I can't do maths very well

I wasn't really asking for help so much as other peoples thoughts and feelings. Perhaps a group hug afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just wait till Purge drops the guide.

I know over this past week Ive taken a complete break from in game so I may have missed some changes as well. But from all testing Ive looked at, all the talents are extremely close so unless youre completely min max you can probably take a play what you like approach.

yaya I was able to actualy help contribute to the enh guide at totemspot today Damyn = me hehe woot go team go help your fellow shammies

Deleted
    I've used EotE since MoP pre-patch and UF since lvl 90, but if i chance to Ancestral Swiftness, do i need to use it on cooldown for dps gain if i have bad luck with maelstrom procs or is that passive effect good enough?

I'm just LFR hero so i don't care some 1-2% dps differences but i dont want to be clueless noob either.

Deleted
    I do think you want to keep UL SS LL on cooldown atleast and then try to squeeze in a AS'd LB or CL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally dont even bother. Usually we get Maelstrom procs so quickly most casts are reduced or instant anyway. Its more aimed at the casters.

From sims it looks like up until 550ilvl you will want to go Agi with Mastery as the secondary stat. After 550ilvl Mastery will overtake and become your primary stat to gem for.

Ok...so Mastery -> Haste -> Crit or Mastery -> Crit -> Haste? (I hope it's the first...I'd hate to see Haste fall so low)