10+ Year Old Account

Warrior Changes planned for 2.4

Looks like warriors will be getting 'tweaked' again in 2.4, Lead Class Dev Ailion has just posted upcoming changes due to hit the PTS soon:

Beastmaster

Calliope’s Beastmaster Crystal 4 piece bonus: Enemies affected by the Warrior's Messy Wounds take an additional 500 damage from the Warrior's Beastmaster attacks instead of all attacks. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Brutal Strike: Now it deals an additional 30% damage per damage over time effect on the target, up to 150%.

Vicious Blow: Now it deals an additional 15% damage per damage over time effect on the target, up to 75%.

Tempest

Calliope’s Tempest Crystal 4 piece bonus: Now increases the damage of Tempest attacks by 500 instead of all ranged attacks. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Riftblade

Calliope’s Riftblade Crystal 4 piece bonus: Enemies affected by Rift Implosion take an additional 500 damage from the Warrior's Riftblade attacks instead of all attacks. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Blade of Elemental Affinity: Can now stack with Recovery Posture and Way of the Sun.

Void Knight

Calliope’s Void Knight Crystal 4 piece bonus: No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Paladin

Calliope’s Paladin Crystal 2 piece bonus: No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Champion

Calliope’s Champion Crystal 4 piece bonus: Using Titan's Strike causes up to 5 enemies within 7m to take an additional 500 damage from the Warrior's Champion attacks for 15s. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Warlord

Calliope’s Warlord Crystal 4 piece bonus: Hitting with Piercing Thrust or Wave of Steel causes Empowering Strike, Decisive Strike, A Quick Death, King of the Hill and Breaking Blow to deal an additional 600 damage for 15s.

Recovery Posture: Can now stack with Blade of Elemental Affinity and Way of the Sun.

Paragon

Death Touch: Cooldown reduced to 20s, down from 30s.

Run Like the Wind: Now also reduces the cooldown of Fleet of Foot by 5-15s.

Way of the Sun: Can now stack with Blade of Elemental Affinity and Recovery Posture.

Feint: Removed.

Grasping the Horizon: New ability. Increases the range of Swift Strike, Setting Moon, Reaping Harvest and all Follow Up attacks by 20m for 10s. 30s cooldown.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...r-calling.html

Gah. Wish they would change the way Reaver DOTs generate threat. Waiting for that first tick really hurts.

I don't care about DPS changes. I only tank. Though WotS, BoEE and RP stacking is so fucking sweet though. Immortal Warrior 2.5 incoming.

Ailion is a fucking moron. It is a matter of time before he ends up getting fired like Atrius. I did not quit when Atrius took us on a roller coaster ride between 1.0 and 1.9 and I will not now. Daglar needs to seriously evaluate Ailion competency level in managing the warrior class.

The game might be free, but people can still quit and not recommend Rift to their friends. btw LOL @ the Paladin crystal change....talk about a pointless nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Ailion is a fucking moron. It is a matter of time before he ends up getting fired like Atrius. I did not quit when Atrius took us on a roller coaster ride between 1.0 and 1.9 and I will not now. Daglar needs to seriously evaluate Ailion competency level in managing the warrior class.

The game might be free, but people can still quit and not recommend Rift to their friends. btw LOL @ the Paladin crystal change....talk about a pointless nerf
    Apologies for my ignorance - can you go into detail why you feel this way. Warrior is foreign to me

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Apologies for my ignorance - can you go into detail why you feel this way. Warrior is foreign to me
    Basically in Storm Legion pure hybrid builds are just gone. We used to have a mix of builds that did aoe and single target very effectively. As Storm Legion has gone on non hybrid builds have taken over 61 temp...61 para...61 RB. The entire point of Rift is basically gone on the dps side of the game right now.

I literally might as well be playing a full ret Belf Paladin right now. There is no variance in the builds anymore. We are all just copy cats of each other. Our pvp builds are gone completely. There is nothing that resembles a pvp warrior anymore. The only viable spec just got destroyed with 2.4.

http://www.riftscene.com/guides/clas...r/warrior-dps/

Have you not notice a lack of plate wearers outside of tanks? My feeling is Ailnon is going to go after tanking next to the point even they are no longer viable. TDQ is the perfect example of a raid that is ungodly melee unfriendly. First boss stack....2nd boss stack.....3rd boss stack...4th boss stack....

It is like we are dealing with Atrius all over again. The problem is as warrior fall out the games, so do tanks driving up queue times. Queue times in Rift right now for tanks are literally under a second. For dps upwards around 45+ minutes even at peak times.

Trion seems to be stuck in this cycle of stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you not notice a lack of plate wearers outside of tanks? My feeling is Ailnon is going to go after tanking next to the point even they are no longer viable. TDQ is the perfect example of a raid that is ungodly melee unfriendly. First boss stack....2nd boss stack.....3rd boss stack...4th boss stack....

Trion seems to be stuck in this cycle of stupid.
    Not really been doing much except logging on for patron rewards, etc. Have hardly raided at all this expansion. Not like I have a lot to catch up on if I do decide to start.

yeah, I've taken a bit of a break from the Trion forums (banned for a day, actually, right now) as it's fanboy paradise at the moment as I'm a bit pissed off at some of their inadequacies lately and quite vocal. They're not responding well to any form of criticism.

Not one for holding back when faced with stupid.

Where I usually sidestep stupid comments, I find the fanboys particularly irritating at the moment and have been baited to the point of letting them have it with both barrels of sarcasm. Sometimes, you need to release, however poor a demonstration of EQ/ emotional maturity it is. Sometimes the "bigger man" is the guy who gets a heart attack from the frustration.

Not productive, but certainly satisfying. I personally don't really care about the game at the moment. When you compare the performance and sleekness of gameplay of some of the other mmo's out there, Firefall, GW2 & Dragon's prophet in particular are excellent. Rift currently feels a bit clunky to me. They need to sort this performance crap out.

They have Pretty much destroyed hybrids in the game. InquisiCAR (my fave choc Rift class for PvE and PvP), etc, all gone. They may as well just ditch the talent trees like WoW and have 10 classes for each role.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-09-07 at 02:27 AM.

Oddly enough it was patch 1.3 that made an absolute tons of warriors quit or completely reroll out of the class. This guy below sums up my feelings. It is a complete failure of management to reign in bad class designers. Ailinon is on the fast track to getting fired like Atrius did with his repeated failures.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-parses-3.html

It is actually farther behind due to the shaman, nb/sin, and harbinger on demand burst. The current warrior specs require a long time on target with no interruptions to be competitive. With the on demand burst of the other classes in conjunction with most boss mechanics warriors stand no chance in its current form. Even if the parses were even or warrior were slightly ahead due to the fact warrior damage is steady and not bursty the warrior class is at a huge disadvantage.

The situation is pretty damn sad. If you think about it. For instance, paragon is behind shaman by at least 1k. I believe for most fights it is actually 2k to 4k behind but we are talking single target here. In the exact same spec Shaman can go AOE and do extremely high numbers. Clerics and Mages were complaining about RB having good single target and AOE so they nerf RB and then make Shaman more overpowered then RB ever was in the first place.

I believe posting parses is a waste of time. Way to many players who were screaming for warrior nerfs and contributed to the current disaster keep posting on these threads. The information on the forums and posted parses are so biased it is hard to take anything at face value. Clerics posted biased and inaccurate parses to buff there class to unreasonable levels. These same clowns troll the warrior forums and tend to post more than warriors who play the class. Think about Harbringer for a minute. How can this soul even exist in this game in its current state??? What the he*l happened. Shaman is more overpowered than any warrior spec post Storm Legion and yet has not had one adjustment.

The bottom line is most of us have given up. The very fact mages and clerics got buffed to such ridiculous levels and warriors continue to get nerfed is reason enough to stop playing this game which most people I know are leaning towards. It is stupid. I was watching a friends computer and a very very good warrior in a top five guild was getting 5th or 6th on the dps meter for an entire raid. It was sad to watch really because all this guy does is DPS... that is it. But he was getting out dps'ed by healers who wanted to try it out dps. No, I am not lieing.

Let me repeat, I am not lieing. Call it what you want but Rift is becoming a disaster of a game. People devote time to MMOs and put faith in the devs to do the right thing.
    If you have been a warrior in Storm Legion you have been on the outside looking in watching the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the post I got banned for on the Trion Forums (cut and pasted here) - this is considered trolling? Granted, I was sarcastic to a guy who pushed the right buttons (kind of like a troll would, so I guess I took the bait):

http://www.diabloglical.com/2013/09/...n-us-sig-heil/

I find Warrior tears are always the sweetest, especially when they are unjustified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I find Warrior tears are always the sweetest, especially when they are unjustified.
    He He - what you play?

I literally might as well be playing a full ret Belf Paladin right now.
    We're not playing Cata anymore, you know?..

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    We're not playing Cata anymore, you know?..
    The point is I left WoW to get away from pure builds and more cross over between classes. To make only pure builds viable is the definition of a bad idea.

It's not a bad idea to have pure builds, per se. Especially when a good portion of gameplay is based on role exclusivity.

Though it is a lot less interesting and lazy, frankly, than a gameplay system that allows parity among a variety of options to the same ends.

I do believe Rift is about as good as this type of MMO has ever been made. That isn't to say Rift is the best hotkey & role trinity based theme park MMO with a bimodal endgame. But it's about as good as those that excel in the genre- Warcraft or Everquest.

However that being said, Storm Legion sorta ruined a lot of Rift's charm and identity in play systems. Opinion, natch.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-09-09 at 12:03 AM.