Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Do we have any evidence that this will actually happen (progressive nerfs, I mean)?
    I don't see any evidence that suggests otherwise. Blizzard normally nerf raids when the new one comes out. But as the last tier in the expansion, there will not be a "next tier" so Blizzard will likely put in % nerfs (straight % nerfs are still being implemented for all previous tiers). So either a straight % nerf or a progressive % nerf is likely for the final tier of the expansion.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    LFR has mechanics? I thought you could just /afk and get gear?
    You know, despite the number of times this horseshit is peddled around, I have never seen an LFR with most people just AFKing except for the trolls who want to "prove" that LFR is pathetic and that you can "just /afk and get gear". Every LFR I've run since it came out in 4.3 there's always been people trying; they might suck compared to you or me but they're at least putting in SOME effort.

So.. yeah. Just stop peddling around this misinformation just to shit on LFR.

you can. there was a video. if it's on the internetz it is truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    You know, despite the number of times this horseshit is peddled around, I have never seen an LFR with most people just AFKing except for the trolls who want to "prove" that LFR is pathetic and that you can "just /afk and get gear". Every LFR I've run since it came out in 4.3 there's always been people trying; they might suck compared to you or me but they're at least putting in SOME effort.

So.. yeah. Just stop peddling around this misinformation just to shit on LFR.
    Honestly, while I agree that anti LFR proponents tend to exaggerate, OFTEN it SEEMS that players are afk or auto attacking just due to comparing their numbers to those that you would pull in no gear or barely trying. It is just that logical of a decision. Yes, at my gear level I should rate high on the healing charts while tanking an LFR. NO I should not be the top healer, except for gimmick one tank fights, with my numbers totalling more than the three slotted healers below me, just as an example.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Even worse. Even back in 4.3 (and, of course, even today) if the raid lead, usually a tank, calls a ready check and someone doesn't respond and is seen to be in another room: vote kick. Afking isn't really tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by darklord0110 View Post
    I was just wondering why SoO LFR is a week later in release then 10man SoO, I just thought it would be the other way around so ppl could go though SoO LFR and learn the basics of each wing then do SoO 10man with a little bit more knowledge go into it.
    IMO they should release all 4 versions of the raid at once instead of this gating bullshit. And so what if its been done before? And how the hell do you expect players to down the 1st boss from ToT LFR gear. The gap is just too big. Blizzard is making the same mistakes they made at the beginning of Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe as DPS, no way in hell if you are the tank or the healer. And if you don't have coins to spare you ain't getting no gear whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    IMO they should release all 4 versions of the raid at once instead of this gating bullshit. And so what if its been done before? And how the hell do you expect players to down the 1st boss from ToT LFR gear. The gap is just too big. Blizzard is making the same mistakes they made at the beginning of Cataclysm.
    Releasing all versions at once is just like a middle finger to raiders that go for everything they can. Seriously.
    Oh hey, 4flex's for one week? Ontop of clearing full normal? And lfr?
    Congratulations!

Deleted
    so that when its comes out you dont have 25 people who have never done it before, you get a mix of people who have experience in normal and complete scrubs, so chances of downing increase

Deleted
    LFR has always had a delay on it.

LFR isn't there to learn mechanics (and for the most part, they're inconsequential in LFR), it's for people who don't have time or desire to join an organised raiding team.

An organised team doesn't need LFR to learn tactics, they've managed every expansion before LFR was released and it's never worked like that in the past, delaying it gives those organised guilds a chance to down it on the "proper" difficulty before LFR is released, giving them some sense of achievement, and also means that hopefully some people in the LFR group once it IS opened up will be able to organise things instead of being completely inexperienced with the fights - I know Lei'shen would be a pain if there wasn't someone putting down markers and splitting up groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Yes, but LFR only works as a teaching tool to a) give people a glance at the fight (sometimes a first glance, if they do it before they do it in normal), and b) a way to see how (after trying it on normal) certain strategies *should* play out. If you just try to take what you know from LFR and apply it to Normal, you *might* get halfway there for most fights, but on some fights you'll be completely screwed. Ideally, learning fights will come from multiple sources, but outside the basic level of the fight, any learning in LFR has to be done with the context of normal mode exposure.
    Given I've yet to be in a Normal, or Heroic version of any of the raid content this expansion, I've personally checked out multiple sources for input to keep from 'noobing it up' when I dove into LFR originally. Tankspot vids, YouTube vids from various sources like Fatboss, even a few 'tank guide vids' from various other sites, given I could tank with my DK. It's true that LFR cannot give away, by itself, everything necessary to prepare one for Normal mode entry (much less Heroic). It also cannot explain by and of itself various strategies unfolding and how they would work in Normal/Heroic. Yet, if people can find themselves footing/understanding enough through raw trial and error (with or without external video guides, etc) via LFR, it gives them a glimmer of hope for making a PUG effort into a Normal - instead of being the person who goes in all silent, asks no questions and causes wipes/gets nowhere.

#FlightIsImportant

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Even with the delay of LFR in ToT (the same delay as in SoO), LFR raiders cleared ToT long before the average normal mode raid guild did.
    Apparently normal mode raiders are way less skilled than LFR raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Apparently normal mode raiders are way less skilled than LFR raiders.
    That wasn't an intended implication. Of course LFR is much easier. The point is that complaining about having to wait to clear LFR is silly, because you're probably going to do it before most people would have done it in normal mode.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"