Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    The only logical conclusion I can come to is that people hope Blizzard will take the sub losses as a hint that they are doing something wrong and change the direction of the game in a way that they personally approve of. Should it be harder, or easier, more convenient or more tedious, etc.. The problem is that that's exactly what they have been doing for the past few expansions and players are still unhappy.

In every expansion and every patch, the developers rave about how they're trying to get us out into the world but they keep implementing all these tools of convenience, and that makes the game less engaging.

I think somewhere between the Burning Crusade and Wrath, Blizzard stopped making the game they wanted to make and started making the game the players wanted. Sure, throw us a bone now and then, but don't forget who's running things.

Bottom Line: Blizzard needs to grow some fucking balls and make the game as they see fit, not what will make us nerds happy and worst of all, not what makes Activision happy (immediate profits).
    maybe just maybe they are losing subs because people are just done with it. found a better game(remember that alot of stuff is also releated to the old code they where using.) and blizzard even said they never thought wow would be this big. they though it would stop around 500k subs or so. i'm sure blizzard would love to add tons of stuff. but alot of it is just imposible to add.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    3mil. sub loss, WoW goes F2P afterwards :O
    keep dreaming. even with 500k subs a mmo can still earn there money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I always love when people mock the stupidity of people who just blindly hate we're either fanboys or we are "rather upset"/super emotional. Couldn't be that we get tired of noncontributing people who complain just to hear the sound of their own voice. Like I said, get over it and move on. Sad existence.
    Ya the stupidity of people

What a sad life it must be to be on a WoW fan website just constantly talking down about the game. Sounds like a huge waste of time broseph.
    and

Seems like you're wasting your life dude. I never understood people who sit there and do nothing but complain. Doesn't that like just put you into a near-perpetual state of depression? Focusing on hating something to such an extent...its just sad. Especially when you add zero actual contribution.
    Cause this site is so all about wow and that it. Criticism =/= hating...Seriously that's rather old but Assuming that people are "wasting their life" or in a "near-perpetual state of depression" because they dare say wow will lose more subs in their opinion or saying mmo champ is not just about wow....man.........Do you face the blizzard headquarters when you pray to them? cause the Zealotry is old

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    well mmo-champ is devoted to WoW how many other mmo news do you see on the front page? and there are some other games that have a sub forum in the video section. but no other game has it own forum with sub forums in it. so we can clearly speak mmo-champ is devoted to WoW. sure it has sub forums. and why do you bother to post on topics releated to wow you even bother to make a topic about what the next class will be. so if you ask me your not done with wow your far from it
    Hearthstone, SWTOR use too, D3, Gw2
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-06 at 06:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there never a don't give a fuck option?

10+ Year Old Account
    its obviously going to loss more subs. In its current time period, wow has not given anything new, the only boost of subs the game gets comes from new expansion releases, well anything else it just loses subs over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Why is there never a don't give a fuck option?
    Because there be no point in these tacky threads like cheap tabloids.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    maybe just maybe they are losing subs because people are just done with it. found a better game(remember that alot of stuff is also releated to the old code they where using.) and blizzard even said they never thought wow would be this big. they though it would stop around 500k subs or so. i'm sure blizzard would love to add tons of stuff. but alot of it is just imposible to add.

Yes, of course. This is a very old (technologically speaking) game we're talking about, so it goes without saying that dwindling subscriptions are a perfectly natural part of it. I was only trying to guess why people are so obsessed with the sub loss numbers. My point is that the features they add, especially of recent, are more driven by making money by pandering to the fans than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    snip
    I like how you ignore the "contribution" aspect of my post. Which you haven't done, and says as much about you as I need to know.

Move on with your life would be my suggestion. You can continue to spout that this isn't WoW-Champion, but in the 5 pages I went back in your post history out of curiosity, I haven't seen a post from you in any of those other games' subforums. So nice try.

Maybe if you had some actual contribution instead of absolutely bottom-of-the-barrel useless posts I'd care to hear your opinion any further. Ignored.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-09-06 at 06:59 PM.

Jaylock? More like threadlock! Just joking, in all seriousness though. Do we need this thread yet?

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    poop and turds
    You are adding absolutely nothing to this discussion, you can either see yourself out, or we'll have a mod remove your useless posts. Thanks.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    750.000-1.000.000

A lot of people had nothing to do for months after clearing 12/12 normal with their casual guilds so I can see this happening.

I believe this is a discussion about subscription loss not a discussion about other posters and their life. NO reason to reply to each other.

Subs will always go up and down based upon when a patch and quarter is released.

As for hoping subs go down...The only reason you could want that is if you want the game itself to end. If you are one of those people that think canceling your sub until they do a change that you want its kinda funny. It requires money to make changes and to do art. They have to pay their workers anyways. So you just shooting urself in the foot when you affect their budget.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think not much so between 100-300k since most of the people are back from summer and 5.4 is going to be released which might attract alot of players back since me and my friends are going back to WoW once 5.4 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    its obviously going to loss more subs. In its current time period, wow has not given anything new, the only boost of subs the game gets comes from new expansion releases, well anything else it just loses subs over.

- - - Updated - - -

Because there be no point in these tacky threads like cheap tabloids.
    Well 5.4 release date is right before the Q3 ends so that might help prevent a bigger lost

Deleted
    Below 7 most likely. We'll have to wait and see..

I'm going to say conservatively 500k - 1M

Ballparking this based on KR realms which are losing 10k players a week plus they closed another 14 realms there.
    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=11&w=KR
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

The only logical conclusion I can come to is that people hope Blizzard will take the sub losses as a hint that they are doing something wrong and change the direction of the game in a way that they personally approve of. Should it be harder, or easier, more convenient or more tedious, etc.. The problem is that that's exactly what they have been doing for the past few expansions and players are still unhappy.

In every expansion and every patch, the developers rave about how they're trying to get us out into the world but they keep implementing all these tools of convenience, and that makes the game less engaging.

I think somewhere between the Burning Crusade and Wrath, Blizzard stopped making the game they wanted to make and started making the game the players wanted. Sure, throw us a bone now and then, but don't forget who's running things.

Bottom Line: Blizzard needs to grow some fucking balls and make the game as they see fit, not what will make us nerds happy and worst of all, not what makes Activision happy (immediate profits).
    I think a better way of stating it is the issue that they cater to the masses in the first place instead of catering to the "nerds" of the world, if you will. A direct correlation could be drawn from trading card games. Look at Magic the Gathering...a game with little flash and flair. It's not blared in to your living room or in your face with lots of ads. Many people are unaware of the game altogether. Yet, go to a regional and the place is overcrowded. There's no room to sit, let alone breathe. Why? Because they know EXACTLY who they are and who their business is best suited towards. The game, I believe, turns 20 this year. And yet, it still has a massive underground following.

Now, go look at the fad card games like Pokemon and Yugioh...sure, they still exist, but not nearly at the level Magic does. Both for a time were much bigger than Magic, but both faded. Where as they both peaked, Magic stays stable. That's what happens when you try to get as many people as humanly possible to buy your product instead of just making one quality product targeting one audience. Staying power comes from creating a loyal and strong following. And that requires having something that the same crowd will latch on to for a long period of time...while change is good, becoming something different will only alienate your most loyal customers. Businesses don't survive on the groups that buy their product and leave and never return. They survive on the loyal customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably 200-300k loss. 5.4 will help subs a lot though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are adding absolutely nothing to this discussion, you can either see yourself out, or we'll have a mod remove your useless posts. Thanks.
    That's not childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    I'm going to say conservatively 500k - 1M

Ballparking this based on KR realms which are losing 10k players a week plus they closed another 14 realms there.
    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=11&w=KR

OH Really now? when did that happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd quarter ends like three weeks after 5.4 releases...So I'm sure most people that quit will scurry back for 5.4 lol. I'd expect to not see any MAJOR losses til Q1/Q2 2014.

Q4 would have some losses, but with blizzcon, if a burning legion xpac is announced people will come back for being just so excited about it, then quit again til the actual xpac lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you ignore the "contribution" aspect of my post. Which you haven't done, and says as much about you as I need to know.

Move on with your life would be my suggestion. You can continue to spout that this isn't WoW-Champion, but in the 5 pages I went back in your post history out of curiosity, I haven't seen a post from you in any of those other games' subforums. So nice try.

Maybe if you had some actual contribution instead of absolutely bottom-of-the-barrel useless posts I'd care to hear your opinion any further. Ignored.
    hmm you must be blinded cause I posted something in the other games about a hour ago but once again there is no point trying to reason with you or your ilk.

See sig if you wanna know more

P.S.

I would give up the youtube career. Your no jessie cox
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-06 at 07:08 PM.

Biased poll is biased. Who's to say they won't gain subs?