Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    3rd quarter ends like three weeks after 5.4 releases...So I'm sure most people that quit will scurry back for 5.4 lol. I'd expect to not see any MAJOR losses til Q1/Q2 2014.

Q4 would have some losses, but with blizzcon, if a burning legion xpac is announced people will come back for being just so excited about it, then quit again til the actual xpac lol.
    Wow depends how 5.4 plays out. If people get bored Q4 could see a major lost. Also Some people quit for good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SooFaded View Post
    Biased poll is biased. Who's to say they won't gain subs?
    The last time they gained subs was when they dropped a Xpac. Do you see a Xpac coming out this mo?

If after 5.4, I think it will have gained subs. Will probably lose a while after though,
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Jilor View Post
    I think a better way of stating it is the issue that they cater to the masses in the first place instead of catering to the "nerds" of the world, if you will. A direct correlation could be drawn from trading card games. Look at Magic the Gathering...a game with little flash and flair. It's not blared in to your living room or in your face with lots of ads. Many people are unaware of the game altogether. Yet, go to a regional and the place is overcrowded. There's no room to sit, let alone breathe. Why? Because they know EXACTLY who they are and who their business is best suited towards. The game, I believe, turns 20 this year. And yet, it still has a massive underground following.

Now, go look at the fad card games like Pokemon and Yugioh...sure, they still exist, but not nearly at the level Magic does. Both for a time were much bigger than Magic, but both faded. Where as they both peaked, Magic stays stable. That's what happens when you try to get as many people as humanly possible to buy your product instead of just making one quality product targeting one audience. Staying power comes from creating a loyal and strong following. And that requires having something that the same crowd will latch on to for a long period of time...while change is good, becoming something different will only alienate your most loyal customers. Businesses don't survive on the groups that buy their product and leave and never return. They survive on the loyal customers.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. You painted the picture while I was fixated on details. We all can argue for eternity about the little things they did wrong or right and over all, it's a wonderful game. But that is exactly the problem WoW has.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Ya the stupidity of people

and

Cause this site is so all about wow and that it. Criticism =/= hating...Seriously that's rather old but Assuming that people are "wasting their life" or in a "near-perpetual state of depression" because they dare say wow will lose more subs in their opinion or saying mmo champ is not just about wow....man.........Do you face the blizzard headquarters when you pray to them? cause the Zealotry is old

- - - Updated - - -

Hearthstone, SWTOR use too, D3, Gw2

did i say non? and are you really that stupid if a store sell 90% gadgets and 10% antique stuff. would you still not say its a store devoted to gadgets?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a better way of stating it is the issue that they cater to the masses in the first place instead of catering to the "nerds" of the world, if you will. A direct correlation could be drawn from trading card games. Look at Magic the Gathering...a game with little flash and flair. It's not blared in to your living room or in your face with lots of ads. Many people are unaware of the game altogether. Yet, go to a regional and the place is overcrowded. There's no room to sit, let alone breathe. Why? Because they know EXACTLY who they are and who their business is best suited towards. The game, I believe, turns 20 this year. And yet, it still has a massive underground following.

Now, go look at the fad card games like Pokemon and Yugioh...sure, they still exist, but not nearly at the level Magic does. Both for a time were much bigger than Magic, but both faded. Where as they both peaked, Magic stays stable. That's what happens when you try to get as many people as humanly possible to buy your product instead of just making one quality product targeting one audience. Staying power comes from creating a loyal and strong following. And that requires having something that the same crowd will latch on to for a long period of time...while change is good, becoming something different will only alienate your most loyal customers. Businesses don't survive on the groups that buy their product and leave and never return. They survive on the loyal customers.
    Well the thing is....Catering to the masses makes you more money than Catering to a small minority. They should reevaluate how they listen to feedback. Cata and mop they pulled we are the devs we know better and all they did was loose more

Wow depends how 5.4 plays out. If people get bored Q4 could see a major lost. Also Some people quit for good

- - - Updated - - -

The last time they gained subs was when they dropped a Xpac. Do you see a Xpac coming out this mo?
    sure but in the end its still a bias pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    SoO is out at the near the end of q3 so the "subs" will be up but just because the people are coming to see the last raid of the xpac. In 3 months it will be farm content and everyone will be bored and quit again until World of Warcraft: "rise of the legion goes swimming in the dark with squid ladies" comes out in a year.

Well the thing is....Catering to the masses makes you more money than Catering to a small minority. They should reevaluate how they listen to feedback. Cata and mop they pulled we are the devs we know better and all they did was loose more
    Catering to the masses works for short term gains. Not long term success (in this case, I'm comparing a game that's been out for a decade and in clear and obvious decline to a game that despite not being mainstream has succeeded for 20 years), if you read the full comparison. You can make a similar comparison over a number of products and companies. Long term success is grown from loyalty. Loyalty typically comes from being very good or great in one specific area. The thinner your spread yourself, the less likely you will be to hold on to that one loyal following.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post

did i say non?
    You said
    Quote Originally Posted by loki
    well mmo-champ is devoted to WoW how many other mmo news do you see on the front page?
    Which I answered

and are you really that stupid if a store sell 90% gadgets and 10% antique stuff. would you still not say its a store devoted to gadgets?
    Horrible analogy, what your trying to say is a store is devoted to 1 brand just because that's what they sell. The site is devoted to mmo's.

Oh you should really not call people stupid just because you do not agree with them

- - - Updated - - -

Consider who the op is

- - - Updated - - -

Catering to the masses works for short term gains. Not long term success (in this case, I'm comparing a game that's been out for a decade and in clear and obvious decline to a game that despite not being mainstream has succeeded for 20 years), if you read the full comparison. You can make a similar comparison over a number of products and companies. Long term success is grown from loyalty. Loyalty typically comes from being very good or great in one specific area. The thinner your spread yourself, the less likely you will be to hold on to that one loyal following.
    Well to be fair wow long term success and is still the most success Sub based mmo but hell RTS games is what made them what they are.

What would be the point of adding the option that subs will increase given that the only rise in the past three years was when MOP was released? If you believe they will you could always vote "other" and post that you think they will increase.

Quote Originally Posted by SooFaded View Post
    Biased poll is biased. Who's to say they won't gain subs?
    Because they won't lol. 100k+ people aren't going to flock back for a new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Greets,

I predict something around 250.000 sub loses, and from there it will stable due Connected Realms, but this won't hold forever though.
    Also 5.4 will be a big sub boost, that's why it won't be as big as last time.

(When is the 3rd Quarter? Any news on the date yet?)
    Third quarter runs july 1st-october 31st. so expect it in november.

Deleted
    All of them are gone.

ALL OF THEM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatherfork View Post
    I thought it ended in Sept?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Eh, probably another 500k. I predict a surge for Q4 though with the release of 5.4.
    5.4 releases in the middle of 3rd quarter, so i'm expecting low losses if anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    The only logical conclusion I can come to is that people hope Blizzard will take the sub losses as a hint that they are doing something wrong and change the direction of the game in a way that they personally approve of. Should it be harder, or easier, more convenient or more tedious, etc.. The problem is that that's exactly what they have been doing for the past few expansions and players are still unhappy.

In every expansion and every patch, the developers rave about how they're trying to get us out into the world but they keep implementing all these tools of convenience, and that makes the game less engaging.

I think somewhere between the Burning Crusade and Wrath, Blizzard stopped making the game they wanted to make and started making the game the players wanted. Sure, throw us a bone now and then, but don't forget who's running things.

Bottom Line: Blizzard needs to grow some fucking balls and make the game as they see fit, not what will make us nerds happy and worst of all, not what makes Activision happy (immediate profits).
    Now that blizzard is back in full control (didnt't activision basically take over around wrath period?) I think next expansion we will see some real kick ass shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    600K is my prediction.

It will see a rise when new expac hits but then will continue to climb downwards. The game is coming to an end, not because it sucks, but because its OLD. People move on and there's many other games that looks worth paying a sub. Like IMO, Wildstar. Or simply playing a F2P model.

and are you really that stupid if a store sell 90% gadgets and 10% antique stuff. would you still not say its a store devoted to gadgets?
    You said

Which I answered

Horrible analogy, what your trying to say is a store is devoted to 1 brand just because that's what they sell. The site is devoted to mmo's.

Oh you should really not call people stupid just because you do not agree with them

- - - Updated - - -

Consider who the op is[/QUOTE]

hearth of stone and d3 are not mmo's

and yea i might have said it a bit strange. but still the fact remains if it is putting up every bit of news of 1 game and very little of the other you can still say its devoted to that one game. and this is taken from there twitter account

MMO-Champion
    @MMOChampion
    Your #1 Source for World of Warcraft News - Not affiliated with Curse. No spam or ads.
    mmo-champion.com

why does it not say: Your #1 Source for mmo News?

there tons of site/blogs that devote to one brand/game/subject. yet from time to time post other news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatherfork View Post
    I thought it ended in Sept?
    It does. Q3 ends Sept 30.

15+ Year Old Account
    I Quit a while ago but I still check up on WoW every now and then. It is like checking up on your GF on facebook and twitter after you break up. After all I spent 5-6 years of my life on this game. When I realized I'm done with it I was angry for a while, kept coming back and left again, but then I finally let it go. The thing is WoW is alot more like your girl friend than you'd think

Anyway for the sake of its fans I hope it gets back on top again. cheers

P.S. Being a fan is great but being a fanboy is not.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Considering it's after 5.4, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually gained subs.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle