Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    People loved to say how the subs have grown when they did, as I said before subs play a important role.

Why would you go read something that pisses you off

Who said I hated wow? I do not get that logic, if you do not praise it you hate it!

The forum is called World of Warcraft General Discussion, no World of Warcraft must only say positive things about wow Discussion.

No, lots of things are wrong with the community. As for the sig see point 1 Also I personally think taking any criticism towards a game or product as a personal attack is Degrading. Insulting and pathetic.

That's between you and the mods not me
    are all 1.4k comments of yours this useless? Also you posted half of the replays on this thread, what are you trying to defend, it seems to me like you felt on the other side of what your signature is saying. Also don't replay to this bcoz im not gonna refresh this thread each 5 min like you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    are all 1.4k comments of yours this useless?
    Well that would be opinion and opinions are like assholes everyone got's one that stinks, I am sure your 700 and something post are just boosting with the same quality as the one I am replaying too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    Also you posted half of the replays on this thread, what are you trying to defend, it seems to me like you felt on the other side of what your signature is saying. Also don't replay to this bcoz im not gonna refresh this thread each 5 min like you do.
    I replay when spoken too, Sorry if it hits a nerve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    Although I enjoy your enthusiasm, Wow hasn't had over 7 million subs since mid/late BC; worldwide, there there 1.2 or so million subs. they only sold 7.5 or so million panda disks, and they have nowhere near 100 retention rate, more like 15%
    I don't think they sell disk in china
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-07 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they sell disk in china
    I'm pretty sure digital downloads are counted in those figures even though the guy said "disks".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I'm pretty sure digital downloads are counted in those figures even though the guy said "disks".
    Well how do the figure sales in the east for gaming cafes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well how do the figure sales in the east for gaming cafes?
    Just count the number of Bnet accounts with MoP license.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just count the number of Bnet accounts with MoP license.
    Wow learn something new everyday

hmmmm Gw2 seems to be doing alright
    On last count GW2 has ZERO subscriptions ...

This is a thread about ... subscriptions

Well my sub ends on patch day, I will not be renewing. The game has just become terrible IMO. The PVE is extremely easy and boring (Yes that includes heroic raids) and the PVP has become silly. PVP is all flavor of the month, for example in 3's we ran MW monk, Arms War, Frost mage and couldn't get above 1850 so we (same 3 guys) re rolled Disc Priest, BM hunter and Unholy DK and big surprise we are 2350. Its dumb. World PVP is a joke, always enjoyed it but I can just log on my full heroic PVE geared lock and use sac pet and take on 3-4 90s in tyrannical gear and either destroy them or they just cant kill me LOL.

They need to make the game hard again, they need to make it like a MMORPG like it was in vanilla. You can level from 15-90 and do all dungeons and never say one word to anyone, its so dumb. They need to completely separate PVE from PVP to balance it properly. WoW is a great game but they are slowly ruining it and that's why subs are dropping. I hope they get it together and turn it around, maybe subs will increase?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    On last count GW2 has ZERO subscriptions ...

This is a thread about ... subscriptions

We could take it as an allusion to the lack of importance of subs to income. Companies that work off of the free to play system tend to survive by harvesting a handful of dedicated players, so for all we know WoW is making up for sub losses by selling more transfers, recustomizations and hats. WoW isn't free to play, but their cash shop has a decent selection of the sorts of items you see in ftp games. But yeah, pretty of topic I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    We could take it as an allusion to the lack of importance of subs to income. Companies that work off of the free to play system tend to survive by harvesting a handful of dedicated players, so for all we know WoW is making up for sub losses by selling more transfers, recustomizations and hats. WoW isn't free to play, but their cash shop has a decent selection of the sorts of items you see in ftp games. But yeah, pretty of topic I guess.
    Well gw 2 is the fasting selling mmo in history 3.5 million sold first year

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ate-Blue-Posts
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-07 at 08:56 PM.

Honestly, I think when they implement the virtual realms and servers aren't nearly as dead, people will come back. Most people I know left because the world is so empty on most servers.

Yes, but the point stands that GW2 isn't the main draw to this site. They don't run front page news for new patches or highlight new armor skins. In an effort to making GW2 relevant to the topic of subs, it has to show it's own success in contrast to sub based mmos; the only point to gain from that is that subs aren't as important as they once were.

Now, maybe MMOC should split up the front page with other MMOs more often, but till they have I think it's a safe bet to say that MMOC is just a WoW site with some forums for a few other games.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    300,001 is my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Yes, but the point stands that GW2 isn't the main draw to this site. They don't run front page news for new patches or highlight new armor skins. In an effort to making GW2 relevant to the topic of subs, it has to show it's own success in contrast to sub based mmos; the only point to gain from that is that subs aren't as important as they once were.

Now, maybe MMOC should split up the front page with other MMOs more often, but till they have I think it's a safe bet to say that MMOC is just a WoW site with some forums for a few other games.
    Well the point was others were saying mmo champ does not ever put other mmo's in the news and than said name another mmo that is successful

Well gw 2 is the fasting selling mmo in history 3.5 million sold first year

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ate-Blue-Posts
    Correction GW2 has 3 million.

WoW had 5 million after one year. In fact they had 5 million subscriptions in 9 months time, while GW2 has ZERO subs.

Diablo 3 had 12 million in one year. Probably 20 million by the end of the second year.

And as I said, GW2 doesn't have subscriptions , so neglectable success compared to Blizzard's on line games.

As this thread apparently was about subs ...

It would be an interesting question though, how many subs would there be in a GW2 subscription game?

Probably around 250k after 13 months, like all the rest of the bunch.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-09-08 at 11:47 AM.

I resubbed, so it will be stale!

Q1 2012: 0 Sub Loss - Remained Steady
    Q2 2012: 1.1 Million Subs Lost
    Q3 2012: 900,000 Subs Gained; Up to just at 10 Million Subscriptions
    Q4 2012: 100,000 Subs Lost
    Q1 2013: 1.3 Million Subs Lost
    Q2 2013: 600,000 Subs Lost; Down to 7.7 Million Subscriptions

Q3 2012: <Your Predicted Sub Loss Figure> 300k lost down to 7.4 Million

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Correction GW2 has 3 million.

WoW had 5 million after one year. In fact they had 5 million subscriptions in 9 months time, while GW2 has ZERO subs.

Diablo 3 had 12 million in one year. Probably 20 million by the end of the second year.

And as I said, GW2 doesn't have subscriptions , so neglectable success compared to Blizzard's on line games.

As this thread apparently was about subs ...

It would be an interesting question though, how many subs would there be in a GW2 subscription game?

Probably around 250k after 13 months, like all the rest of the bunch.
    Your corrections are interresting...

GW2 is over 3.5 million, so that one is wrong

WoW hit 5 million after 2006 so this is almost correct. It would be really correct if China had actual subscriptions and it were a year earlier.

Diablo 3 sales have nothing to do with MMOs, but good on you for knowing those sales numbers. When you get the sales for the console release you let me know, I'm curious to see how the port is doing.

GW2 doesn't have subscriptions, but WoW counts non-sub China in their sub numbers, so it's all a big game of people trying to get a handle on how well each company is doing based off of one sales figure that the company gets to fudge. I'd much rather see WoW's concurrent user numbers than their subs, since that can actually impact game play.

If GW2 was a sub game? Who knows, that pay system seems largely outdated and only works when milking existing fan bases. We'll see though with FFXIV:ARR, Wildstar and ESO. Though only one of those is a new IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars II is not up for discussion in this thread. Neither are first-year sales for that matter. Please return to the thread topic.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's hard to predict how many people will quit playing, but the greater is better IMO.

I enjoyed World of Warcraft back in vanilla-BC-wotlk but common... this game is almost 10-years-old. Every patch, every new expansion brings ''new content'' I agree, but those are basically re-skins of items/monsters. You think you're ''progressing'' by gaining new gear, but then again the new dongeons feature bosses that hit harder and have more HP, and PVP-wise, your opponents are also obtaining new and improved gear.

Blizzard did a great job at implementing the carrot-on-a-stick concept, to brainwash players into thinking they're actually getting stronger each expansion.
    This game was fresh and new when it came out in 2004, but now it's just a pathetic time-sink.
    Plus if more people keep cancelling, Blizzard is more likely to release a new MMO sooner.