Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Could I get banned for this?

so, I want to make a sky golem, but there's a problem: my engineer/alchemist is a goblin, while my miner is a draenei. that's because I don't create characters based on how useful they would be. I create them as if they were characters for a book, or something like that.

anyway, the materials for the sky golem are 2100 ghost iron bars (300 for the power sources and 1800 for the living steel)

I've already mined them on the alliance side, and now I have to transfer them to the horde side.

I thought about doing this through the goblin auction house, but I heard that selling large amounts of trade goods for low prices can get you banned for exploiting the economy.

is it truth? could I be banned for that? was all the mining I did on the last days for nothing?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

no. you cant get banned...however the skygolem hasn't been 100% for the next patch or even any patch. just like the past engineering mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do it. The only concern would be people trying to snipe your items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greets,

You can't trade items through different factions from the same accounts though, if you were planning on doing that atleast.
    For the rest, i don't think you can banned for doing that. But then again, might be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can link the 2nd account to you somehow they wont but if you just have some random person buy the mats you can. You can open a ticket before hand and explain it to them and they wont. But you still need somebody you can trust to buy them since u cant bid on your own auctions

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be careful how you do it, if you do them all at once you might get sniped by someone scanning the AH.

You can do it legally,
    You may need a trusted friend or a second account. At least that's how cross faction auctions used to work for the same account, because I do not believe you can buy your own accounts auctions.
    Also, someone might swoop in and steal all your auctions if you do post em very low (I know I've scooped up some deals that way)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Greets,

You can't trade items through different factions from the same accounts though, if you were planning on doing that atleast.
    yeah, I have a few IRL friends that can help me with that. I've already done cross-faction transfering of itens through the gobs before, but I've never done it with so many itens at once.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Just do it. The only concern would be people trying to snipe your items.
    Be aware of snipping bots.

Deleted
    Just yesterday there was a CM who said it was still planned for 5.4 (but ofcourse, as always, there might be some last-minute bug preventing its release, although that's quite unlikely at this point). It's on MMO-Champion frontpage somewhere.

Selling stuff at a low price won't get you banned per se, but I'm not too sure about trying to get something from Alliance to Horde (or other way around ofcourse).

Deleted
    Even if you get banned by an automated process because it looks like you're a hacker selling items or something - you would be able to dispute it and get your acc back - but that's very unlikely. There's nothing illegal about transferring from horde to alliance through the neutral AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use 2 accounts to make item transfers between horde and alliance, which hasn't ever been considered bannable.
    #boycottchina

It is perfectly acceptable, being commented on by blizzard previously when it went pear-shaped due to sniping or good timing.
    The risks are the only factor you need to be watching out for.
    The risk of someone else buying them, and the risk of the mount not making it to live.
    The chances of the mount making the patch are "looking good" as blizzard recently stated, but what it isn't is a certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I use 2 accounts to make item transfers between horde and alliance, which hasn't ever been considered bannable.
    105 stacks at once?

I've seem some people complaining about being banned for buying or selling many stacks of cheap itens on their own faction's AH, even.

I don't know if they were lying, or if I should be careful

JUST DO IT HAHA,
    or just ask blizzard??

10+ Year Old Account
    No you can't get banned, just be wary of people buying your stuff out before you can log into your Horde character.

Quote Originally Posted by alexanderh1014 View Post
    JUST DO IT HAHA,
    or just ask blizzard??
    I'm kind of wary of posting on the blizzard forums.

I once made a thread asking if the WoW races had armpit hair and it was deleted instantly, which makes me think the moderation over there is very strict. I wouldn't dare making a thread over there asking if I'll be banned or not lol

since botting is legal im pretty sure what you want to do is 100% legit.

Jsut so your aware, and im not sure if they changed it but you Cant AH buy yourself By this i mean

On Your Draenei you place all your items in the Neutral AH
    Your Goblin will not be able to Buy your Draeneis Auction . Thats why people usually ask for someone to help them transfer gold cross factions.

I do this all the time, but usually only with a few items at a time. The one time we did it (my fiance and I, so two different accounts) with a very large number of items , one of the accounts were banned for "exploiting the economy" for 72 hours. It was disputed and lifted, but it did happen when we transferred a large number of things at once. So, I would suggest only doing a few stacks at a time. This happened back in Wrath.

And yeah, like others have said, you need two accounts or a very trusted friend. I would also suggest some sort of AH addon that lets you buy things quickly. There are people that try to sit at the neutral AHs and snipe things, and some people even set up bots to do so. I've never personally had it happen, but I'd be weary on a higher pop server.