Thread: Is this a joke?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally every spec would be middle of the pack, the you've not one to be above the others, middling is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    People want to be able to grip polearms practically since Titans Grips inception. They allow you to do it ... someone has to complain. It wouldn't be WoW if there wasn't someone to complain about every aspect.
    haha true. but polearm complain is pretty legit when there are pretty good polearms out there, i got so sad when lvling my warrior and i couldnt dual wield it

Does this change / fix to polearms and TG mean we can transmogrify 2H swords etc into polearms or is the animation prevention still in effect? Also do T16 bonuses provide much of a noticeable 'buff'?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    So it's 4 days before patch day and this is the state of 5.4 fury?
    "Fury
    •Titan’s Grip now works with polearms."
    That's it? Is this some kind of joke, because it's so ridiculously obvious how ignored warriors are in PvE by Blizz that it's actually becoming comical. I don't understand it. I though GC promised Fury some love for 5.4? I really want to play my warrior but I guess I will stick to my already stronger rogue who is only getting super buffed in 5.4.....??? Makes a lot of sense.
    They are buffing rogues to encourage more to play them because they happen to be the less played class in the game now. Energy regeneration sucks and you put the combo points on the target instead of like the monk...which the points are on your char. Monks have better energy regen also. Warrs....you see a lot of them in the game. I have a 90 warr, I only leveled him to 90 to get the BS recipies. Other than that, he sits in the Inn at Halfhill. Playing a warr now sucks imo. But for some reason, it is still a class you see many playing. *Shrugs, if you enjoy a class, that is the only good reason to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWLLY View Post
    Nobody mentioned the bladestorm buff?

Warriors are not mages/locks, who QQ everytime they don't have at least 2 specs on the top 5 dps and get instantly buffed, deal with it.
    And btw, we're not "very far behind", at least from the latest sims I've seen.
    Bladestorm is buffed for arms spec only.

Bladestorm's cooldown has decreased to 60 seconds (down from 1.5 minutes).
    Arms: Bladestorm now deals 180% of weapon damage (up from 120%).
    Protection: Bladestorm now deals 160% of weapon damage (down from 240%).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yng View Post
    Bladestorm is buffed for arms spec only.

How is that not a buff?

Quote Originally Posted by jotabito View Post

How is that not a buff?
    It's a up for both Fury and Arms.
    But the damage have been nerfed for Prot, so that you deal the same amount of damage with BS over the duration of the fight, but you spend more time channeling BS (thus, not using any other ability). It's a nerf for Prot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    It's a up for both Fury and Arms.
    But the damage have been nerfed for Prot, so that you deal the same amount of damage with BS over the duration of the fight, but you spend more time channeling BS (thus, not using any other ability). It's a nerf for Prot.
    Both Shock Wave and Dragon Roar are AP (veng.) scaling abilities, so unless i missed some cheese thing on PTR, both of them sould be better for prot than BS. Either way, i was trying to say that the reduced CD for BS was also a buff for fury.

Quote Originally Posted by jotabito View Post

How is that not a buff?
    Well, i was thinking damage wise. Ofc it's a buff too

its just life as a warrior

Stormbolt buff is a Fury specific buff imo, cos Arms warr won't use it in PVE for higher dps.

Quote Originally Posted by skrhaha View Post
    Stormbolt buff is a Fury specific buff imo, cos Arms warr won't use it in PVE for higher dps.
    I don't think that can be considered a buff since the alternative that was being used (bloodbath) was already putting out the same dps as stormbolt will after this buff. Fury's dps isn't being touched for all intents and purposes for 5.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Boneyards View Post
    Yeah, it really bothers me that Fury got no love. We're already pretty weak in comparison to casters and one of the weak(er) melee, but seeing how Arms got a HUGE buff and is now 10-15% ahead, in all likelyhood I'll be going arms :/
    Arms is not ahead. Arms succeeds in cleave encounters, that's it.

Don't put those 1H's away quite yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I don't think that can be considered a buff since the alternative that was being used (bloodbath) was already putting out the same dps as stormbolt will after this buff. Fury's dps isn't being touched for all intents and purposes for 5.4.
    It's still better for singletarget as TG and we got the deepwounds buff.
    While that sure isnt much, that together with the RPPM changes, atleast puts our scaling back to beeing pretty good, relative to other classes.

Looking at the whole package, we bring more damage, more self defenses and utility than in ToT, we're in a pretty decent place overall.
    Sure were far from beeing top singletarget melee (won't compare to casters, because that is most likely always a lost cause), but the overall package is really strong in SoO.