Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    When i was on the ptr Legendary cloaks were un upgradeble has that changed?

Deleted
    This is one awesome guide dude, thanks a million

On a sidenote: if you play on EU and have a hard time getting the faction tag for the celestials, have a buddy from Silvermoon (if you're alliance) or Draenor (if you're horde) invite you to a group and you should be fine. Sorry, don't know anything about other regions <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Some of my guildies and I were thinking about a coin farming group. If I kill a standard mob and it drops, lets say, 10 coins, if only I damage it will the other players get any coins off it or get nothing due to not contributing to the kill?
    I don't know if what he's saying is actually true because that would mean Blizzard would have to mix their code that totals damage with code that tracks and hands out scaling rewards. That sounds like a nightmare scenario for potential server lag, loot lag, and even lagging mob hp values.

In my experience on the Timeless Isle, if you damage it or anyone in your group damages it, you get coins. If it's a rare you haven't killed yet that day, you get several hundred coins. If you've already killed that rare, you only get a few coins. Some mobs naturally give more than others, like the Dread Ship Vazuvius gives around 1k coins on the first kill of the day.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-09-09 at 10:27 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I don't know if what he's saying is actually true because that would mean Blizzard would have to track all damage from all sources and assign scaling rewards to the individual players who dealt damage. It sounds like a programming horror scenario with a potential for abuse.

In my experience on the Timeless Isle, if you damage it or anyone in your group damages it, you get coins. If it's a rare you haven't killed yet that day, you get several hundred coins. If you've already killed that rare, you only get a few coins. Some mobs naturally give more than others, like the Dread Ship Vazuvius gives around 1k coins on the first kill of the day.
    Thank you. This is how I figured it would work as this is how group looting for things like lesser charms has worked all xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    When i was on the ptr Legendary cloaks were un upgradeble has that changed?
    They come as 2/2 upgraded.

10+ Year Old Account
    thx for the guide, going to print it off so i don't have to keep minimizing :P, 2 days to go can't wait :P

This isn't a bad guide, I'm just a bit discouraged that you recommended 3000 of the 5000 required coins should come from the chests. Sure they are a great way to get coins and all but server size will play a factor as to whether or not those chests are even there due to competition for them; that being said, going about getting the coins this way could very well exceed an hour if your waiting for chest spawns. Just saying. But as I've said, still a pretty solid guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharm View Post
    This isn't a bad guide, I'm just a bit discouraged that you recommended 3000 of the 5000 required coins should come from the chests. Sure they are a great way to get coins and all but server size will play a factor as to whether or not those chests are even there due to competition for them; that being said, going about getting the coins this way could very well exceed an hour if your waiting for chest spawns. Just saying. But as I've said, still a pretty solid guide.
    As pointed out previously in the thread, the chests are "personal", and if someone loots it in front of you, he'll no longer be able to loot that chest until the next reset (daily or weekly), and it will repop for you a few seconds later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome guide, thank you OP <3

Deleted
    You should add the ghost ship as an alternative if it spawns. It gives ~1k coins and chance on some fun items.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantuvis View Post
    As pointed out previously in the thread, the chests are "personal", and if someone loots it in front of you, he'll no longer be able to loot that chest until the next reset (daily or weekly), and it will repop for you a few seconds later.
    This is good to make things faster but it doesnt feel "right". Is there any confirmation about this mechanic not being "PTR-exclusive"?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome guide!

Question, if I have the melee dps cloak now, when I turn in this quest do I get to chose my new cloak (I want the tank one), or will it automatically upgrade to the legendary melee dps one?

Does anyone know how to get the cloaks for multiple specs? Can we get legendary for each of them? Do we have to buy the 600 epic for each spec and then turn in the legendary q and they all upgrade? or can we turn 1 cloak into legendary and then buy the others?

Blizz talked about making the cloaks no longer unique, but I read there were multiple bugs with the legendary qline if you had more than 1 cloak on PTR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baristan View Post
    Awesome guide!

Question, if I have the melee dps cloak now, when I turn in this quest do I get to chose my new cloak (I want the tank one), or will it automatically upgrade to the legendary melee dps one?
    You will have to buy the tank one (8-10k) and use the item to upgrade to legendary quality. On the PTR you can buy the item that upgrades your cloak for 100g.
    I guess you could get rid of the DPS cloak, buy the tank cloak and upgrade it when you complete the last quest and get the item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice guide, appreciate the work you put into it.

Deleted
    Thanks for the guide!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharm View Post
    Unless you are able to lag everyone else out, it would be closer to 3-5+ hours getting coins from chests.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great guide! Guess what i am doing wednesday morning

Quote Originally Posted by Revlash View Post
    Unless you are able to lag everyone else out, it would be closer to 3-5+ hours getting coins from chests.
    The chests are personal loot. If someone loots one, it'll respawn for you a few seconds later without the other person being able to loot it again until it resets (daily or weekly).

I would totally do this if I had the willpower to actually do the legendary quest.... I got to the ToT part and just gave up.