Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Seems like an attempt to be as "funny" and "Strange" as Psy, resulting in 20 morons on a screen shooting themselves in the foot ever to appear on tv again.
    I bet some major record company put them up to this and thought: IF we do this, and add a dance, we can become the next gangnam style. Douches.
    Ylvis Brødrene as we call em in Norway, are pretty known to do parody stuff that pretty much makes absolutely no sense.
    This on one of those things.

Some things they do are funny, other things like this....is just plain painful to watch or listen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf did i just watch?

The chorus is annoying as hell =(

I get the concept is funny, but my god those sounds.

They're closer related to The Lonely Island than Psy, not that they're a ripoff concidering they've been doing comedy/sketches/parodies for ages
    Not sure if the people that seems annoyed by this are thinking this is an attempt at an actual song, this is only a "trailer" for their upcoming talkshow season and obviously very succesful as pretty much every norwegian now has heard of this
    Last edited by Swaggah; 2013-09-07 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    The chorus is annoying as hell =(

I get the concept is funny, but my god those sounds.
    Yeah, got to that point and I had to stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

A simple google search could have avoided this whole music video, silly people singing about things =/

Love this video! It's so stupid it's hilarious.

Gangnam style is way catchier though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Why would you ever take it serious, it's said several times in the thread, even in the OP that these are comedians making a parody on this kind of music.
    Well it wasn't really funny to me... I found it catchy and I am sure it'll be a hit if the advertising for it is right but just not what I like.

By the way what is it a parody of? I dont get the joke? Dont take this as me hating on it, I just seriously dont, then again I dont really listen to popular music much so maybe thats why. Or maybe its more of a subtle stab at music culture now? The video just looked too serious, at least with Lonely Island, Steel Panther and Tenacious D you can tell they are joking, Even Monty Python songs were noticeable joke songs. I just dont see that in this video.

Just to me this song sounds like an advert for those animal button pressing toys.

Maybe I'm just getting too old to ever understand
    Last edited by Orby; 2013-09-08 at 10:33 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Made me chuckle, I like it. It is meant as comedy and I take it like so. Most of the music on the radio these days is pure shit.

I find it funny how you guys are even comparing this to other songs. It was made to promote their late night show apparently and it's doing a great job at getting attention. Personally found this hilarious. Those animal sounds were quite unexpected. It could potentially be up there with Gangnam Style in popularity, but just like it, it won't be in people's MP3 players. lol

Their stonehenge song is better.

I think it's funny, but maybe knowing who Ylvis are helps with understanding it. All the hate is expected, it always follows when something gets too much attention.

If this was a serious song though, why is it so bad to sing about animals? A lot more interesting than singing about girls, sex and drugs IMO

This is just a modern version of "old mcdonald had a farm" , looks like its aimed at children.
    Now I dont know if it is, but it sure looks like it.

Edit : read the rest of the replies and i still think its aimed at children.
    Last edited by Cobla; 2013-09-08 at 11:27 AM.

Not their best work, part about horse and morse made me laugh, but rest was meh, sounds were just trying too hard. Stonehenge way funnier.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's fun and stupid, nothing more to say honestly, well besides the fact that it's still better and more meaningful than 99% of the current pop/r&b scene... EDIT; ... It's a bunch of Norwegian comedians, not an actual band/group trying to win a grammy - oh and yes, Stonehenge is better.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-09-08 at 11:29 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I remember this one

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    I remember this one
    rofl

Yes, that one is much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Yeah, no. Gangnam style was actuall catchy and good in its own way. This is just plain shit.
    ^Agreed who ever made this is trying too hard to be the next Gangnam style. The video gave me goosebumps in the worst way possible.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

wow, that song is so irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    ^Agreed who ever made this is trying too hard to be the next Gangnam style. The video gave me goosebumps in the worst way possible.
    This song is just an advertisement for a talk show. Nothing else. And they succeeded pretty good.