Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    he can very rarely be bothered to provide any form of proof to back his arguments whereas you have.
    I provided more than enough info to dismiss the post I was originally referring to, which was 'you can run around in the maze wall all day and not die'. 40k / second damage if you cannot find the path is enough to back my argument.

So I'm not sure what your point is, or exactly what you're reading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I provided more than enough info to dismiss the post I was originally referring to, which was 'you can run around in the maze wall all day and not die'. 40k / second damage if you cannot find the path is enough to back my argument.

Well, you are kind of ignoring the existence of healers, but well, it's LFR. Stranger things have happened.
    For ex the log where 2 healers where dead, and only 1 wasn't afk, now solo-healing 20 players while some afk ppl are standing in mess is... meh. SO yeah, they can die to it, but... this isn't the standard. Mostly they will heal ppl trough millions of damage. >_> Primarily to pad meters, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwraith View Post
    No, it's not "usually lag". It's people who either A) Still fail to understand that the beam is instant death, B) People who auto-attack/afk the boss, C) People who are just genuinely awful at pve in any form, or D) Lag

I run WoW on a SHIT laptop, and I run durumu with spell effects set to high, and I don't get any frame lag. Stop making shit up when you have no evidence to support it.
    there are people who afk and who dont know to group up on that phase so they are stuck out in the open. the fog will kill them. yes ive seen people hit by the beam but mostly its falling behind going through the maze. either crappy connection (or wireless), spell effects too high for people with a low end system or crappy video card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    seriously? durumu is easier than, oh, say, Stone guard, or gara'jal?
    we're talking about ToT, come on man keep up, keep up.

fixed it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

yep. and playing with air soft rifles on the weekend is fighting a war.
    Says the guy who is 1/13H after 5 months of ToT and puts that "achievement" in his signature.....

Durumu maze is shitty and I found myself dying in it quite a few times.
    The beam obviously isn't a problem, it's the visibility of the "maze", together with 20 people clusterfucking the spots imo.
    This is coming from a 13/13 raider.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-09-07 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    general rule of thumb :- mad cos bad

I like the Durumu fight, its a retard check and its always fun to see how people fail.

I remember the first time i was there, since its LFR i dont really bother to check tactics since i cant be bothered but as a "hardcore/semi-hardcore" raider the past years i have enough experience to figure shit out.

"Oh look, a big beam, that looks like C'thun's, yeah lets run from that..Oh purple clouds , guess they are bad..Where to now?" Its not rocket science, i died a bit after since the pathing wasnt fully "clear" before it got changed graphics wise but that was the only death in Durumu ever, and that was 1 hour after the LFR part got unlocked.

Havent died ever since during that ability since its a joke to bypass.

Its just the quality of the player, if after ~2 tries you still cant figure out that one side of the room is full of lightning on the ground and thats where you should go.. and slowly just wait for the path to appear since you have averagely 3 seconds of standing still while the path appears..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Except you only run into the problem of running out of room at the end.

I'm more puzzled by the fact 6 months later people still die to that "one-shot-beam-of-death"... by that time, you think people would have figured it out.

Then again, there are still people dying on Elegon's floor boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Durumu is pretty annoying in LFR if you've only seen videos. And what is a 545 tank doing in LFR anyway?

de stressing after the raid week and getting a laugh at LFR "raiders"?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    You can't class LFR fights from easiest to hardest. There's Lei Shen and then there's the rest. I don't think I've ever wiped to Jin, Horridon, Council, Meg, Durumu, Prim, IQ or Council in LFR. Others maybe once?

There is no "easiest fight" if they're all easy.

Edit: Just came back a month and a half ago. There were probably more wipes at the beginning.
    One fight requires 2 blows to conquer, one requires a single blow. Even though you have a 99.999999% success rate on one and 99.999998% on the other, one of them is per definition easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    de stressing after the raid week and getting a laugh at LFR "raiders"?
    destressing in LFR? O_o Usually the exact opposite happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    Says the guy who is 1/13H after 5 months of ToT and puts that "achievement" in his signature.....
    check your numbers bubba. our first guild kill was on 9 july, with approximately one month down time between then and now in which I was firing tank gunnery at Ft. Picket. So yeah. slow progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    destressing in LFR? O_o Usually the exact opposite happens.
    to each their own. I find LFR pretty comical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Well, you are kind of ignoring the existence of healers, but well, it's LFR. Stranger things have happened.
    For ex the log where 2 healers where dead, and only 1 wasn't afk, now solo-healing 20 players while some afk ppl are standing in mess is... meh. SO yeah, they can die to it, but... this isn't the standard. Mostly they will heal ppl trough millions of damage. >_> Primarily to pad meters, but still...
    my first LFR durumu kill consisted of myself, a guild healer, and three dps killing him as we were the only ones alive after the first maze. for content that is designed for 25 players tell me how that is not undertuned.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    To be fair, having done this fight countless times, one thing always gets me: Exactly how & where does the maze first spawn? I group up with the melee which usually works, but it's never really been apparent exactly how the maze appears.

http://imgur.com/YltD2hl

Note; this is OLD maze.. the new maze is kinda the opposite where the *teeth//Openings* actually appear in front of you instead of behind you towards the beam like they used to..

but you get the idea I hope.

ps: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+the+durumu+...or+dummies+gif

(I do understand that perhaps searching for 'gif' at the end is not that obvious.. but STILL...)

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Again: stuff on ground = bad.

It's a pretty basic concept.

Just because it's a pretty little maze (snake), or a giant laser of death/purple stuff (Durumu), or freakin' lightning doesn't mean the concept has changed AT ALL.
    It's a simple concept. The execution SUCKS. It's purple crap on a freakin' purple floor. It's almost impossible to SEE! If they'd made it lime green, I'd get it. As it is, I don't understand why they're so obsessed with testing my VISION!

Granted, I'm playing on low settings so I don't know if it's easier for you to see or not, but for me, it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I'm more puzzled by the fact 6 months later people still die to that "one-shot-beam-of-death"... by that time, you think people would have figured it out.

Then again, there are still people dying on Elegon's floor boss.
    You realize that not everyone's been doing ToT for 6 months right?
    Last edited by rayden54; 2013-09-08 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Durumu is pretty annoying in LFR if you've only seen videos. And what is a 545 tank doing in LFR anyway?
    Only reasons I run LFR anymore are for the battle pets and unlikely chance at transmog gear that won't be available next expansion unless Blizzard allows you to transmog an item to a lower ilvl version. With SoO coming out neither of these reasons will be enough to make me step into ToT LFR ever again.

As for Tanzlee's comment about Durumu being the easiest ToT LFR boss I politely disagree; that title goes to LFR/Normal Primordius as you can literally stand in one spot the entire fight and spam your rotation until boss dies. Killing oozes is optional and until Blizzard actually fixed Primordius' damage reduction against non-mutated players that's how early Heroic Primordius kills were done provided their healers could handle the extra damage intake.

However I will say that Durumu is one of the easier bosses in ToT LFR. In ascending order of difficultly (e.g. individual player responsibility on a raid-wide level) I would rate LFR ToT bosses in the following order:

Primordius -> Tortos -> Jinrohk -> Durumu -> Twin Consorts -> Megaera -> Council -> Iron Qon -> Ji-kun -> Horridon -> Dark Animus -> Lei Shen

Edit: Here's a kill video showing how "hard" Heroic Primordius was before the nerf.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-09-08 at 03:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    It's a simple concept. The execution SUCKS. It's purple crap on a freakin' purple floor. It's almost impossible to SEE! If they'd made it lime green, I'd get it. As it is, I don't understand why they're so obsessed with testing my VISION!

Granted, I'm playing on low settings so I don't know if it's easier for you to see or not, but for me, it sucks.
    You should seriously check up your either your eyes or your screen. One of them is not alright. The lines are just as visible on low settings as they are on high settings.

http://i.imgur.com/8QcLPi9.jpg

There's nothing purple about the floor, it's gray/brown/black/green. The wiggly lines go from a black border to purple to white in the middle. That isn't even close to the floor color. If anything they're a little thin. And they keep wiggling around quite a lot, on only one side of the beam, yet you still can't make out a difference? Mind you, I am fully zoomed out in that screenshot, meaning that is as small as they get.

These lines aren't even remotely close to being broken. Ice wall LoS, slow/indecisive Eye Sore and random add explosions are annoying.

Do you know how I fixed people's "bad graphics"? I taught them how to find the right side of the beam. Same goes for running the maze.

Durumu will kill you if you can't use your eyes, and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    You should seriously check up your either your eyes or your screen. One of them is not alright. The lines are just as visible on low settings as they are on high settings.

http://i.imgur.com/8QcLPi9.jpg
    It doesn't stay looking like that at all. I think this is what he's referring to:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ddvT-_NRQAg/maxresdefault.jpg

Durumu on the PTR is the hardest fight ever.