Page 1 of 2
LastLast

D3 xpac and hearthstone coming out before new wow expansion

had to to talk to blizzard support today about something i read before how cool blizzard support is so i had to ask them about the new wow xapc

you: any chance you know what the next xpac of wow will be about ? =)
    Rieultgarri: Not sure when at all.
    Rieultgarri: I would think a couple of years at least
    Rieultgarri: we have a Diablo III expansion coming up, and Hearthstone releasing before that
    you: when is d3 expansion coming?
    Rieultgarri: Next year is the release date so far on that one
    Rieultgarri: Early next year we hope
    you: ok cool ty for your help*
    take it with a grain of salt but just wanted to ask them just to see what i get

highly doubt someone on the support staff would have access to this info
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of years before the expansion is released? Trippin.

He doesn't know anything, he's just tech support, not a game programmer.

Deleted
    Blizzard supports know the same things we know. Nothing.

We at Blizzard have made a promise to you the consumer to get World of Warcraft expansions in your hands at a faster pace then ever before, on that note I would like to say that you will all be raiding the new raid "Siege of Orgrimmar" that is released in patch 5.4 for two years, enjoy everyone!

-_-
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-09-08 at 01:15 AM.

Hearthstone isn't too far away, as it's already in beta. The D3 expansion looked like it was already pretty far into development. As far the WoW expansion goes, there's no way in hell that it's a couple of years away. 2 years of SoO? Never going to happen. Even a year at this point would be crazy, especially with the way that the subs have been dropping.

Hearthstone is probable, though nothing is confirmed. Support Staff really only gets info, at earliest, a few days before the general public.

Used to raid with a GM, they don't get told release dates etc, they occasionally get to play some of the new stuff but they physically have to sign NDAs, none of them are stupid enough to leave physical evidence of them discussing that kind of thing.

Also your actual question was completely unrelated to the response that was "given". Also the next expansion won't take "a couple years" to develop, it's already been started.

Mists was the worst case scenario, with a long time between the last patch and the expansion and that wasn't a 'couple of years'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    highly doubt someone on the support staff would have access to this info
    No, but the line reads like a generic script they've memorized for situations where curious customers try to fish information out through small talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    "what the next xpac of wow will be about ?"
    "Not sure when at all"

Okay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Hearthstone isn't too far away, as it's already in beta. The D3 expansion looked like it was already pretty far into development. As far the WoW expansion goes, there's no way in hell that it's a couple of years away. 2 years of SoO? Never going to happen. Even a year at this point would be crazy, especially with the way that the subs have been dropping.
    Reaper of Souls is also expected to go into Beta before the end of the 2013 calendar year. Don't be surprised if closed beta begins within days of Blizzcon's conclusion.
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    Diablo 3 Profile

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tacosarecool View Post
    had to to talk to blizzard support today about something i read before how cool blizzard support is so i had to ask them about the new wow xapc

you: any chance you know what the next xpac of wow will be about ? =)
    Rieultgarri: Not sure when at all.
    Rieultgarri: I would think a couple of years at least
    Rieultgarri: we have a Diablo III expansion coming up, and Hearthstone releasing before that
    you: when is d3 expansion coming?
    Rieultgarri: Next year is the release date so far on that one
    Rieultgarri: Early next year we hope
    you: ok cool ty for your help*
    take it with a grain of salt but just wanted to ask them just to see what i get
    This post provided no useful information at all.

Few years? Nah, that can't be true. Last raid for an expansion last one year tops. It will probably be less then that.

Cant be true. Move along.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    Few years? Nah, that can't be true. Last raid for an expansion last one year tops. It will probably be less then that.
    If it last a year expect those subs to drop hardcore I don't think anybody wants to do another ICC / DS year again

Didn't think a Blizzard employee would be as arrogant as some forum people are. Couple of years? It's almost an unwritten law that an expansion gets announced one year, it gets released the year after, another gets announced the next year and it gets released the year after. MoP was released last year, I suppose people can do the math?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Didn't think a Blizzard employee would be as arrogant as some forum people are. Couple of years? It's almost an unwritten law that an expansion gets announced one year, it gets released the year after, another gets announced the next year and it gets released the year after. MoP was released last year, I suppose people can do the math?
    ^^^ This... next WoW expansion will be announced at BlizzCon in November, and likely released in 4th quarter 2014... anyone who pays much attention to their release cycle could have told you this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    ^^^ This... next WoW expansion will be announced at BlizzCon in November, and likely released in 4th quarter 2014... anyone who pays much attention to their release cycle could have told you this.
    Definitely won't be released in 4th quarter of 2014, a little bit earlier. Quote me on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Definitely won't be released in 4th quarter of 2014, a little bit earlier. Quote me on it.
    I'm banking late June 2014 at the latest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    If it last a year expect those subs to drop hardcore I don't think anybody wants to do another ICC / DS year again
    Good lord, 12 months of end-of-expansion content sucks balls. Clearing ICC and taking a break/going casual until Cata launch was probably the best decision I made. I didn't even bother with Ruby Sanctum at the time, lol.
    Diablo 3 Profile