Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    If you want better standards in education go to better schools, if you want better players then do normal instead of LFR.
    I went to the best I could. Shit like this happens almost everywhere. We had a nice lovely hunter that quit MIT because he didn't like the pace. I can't afford any of those sexy universities but I did go to the best I could. Everything promotes lazy behavior and hand holding.
    You can't even tell people they are stupid. It's not right, they get upset. And the issue is with you because you are "rude" not with them for being stupid in the first place.

You can watch George Carlin's "soft language" to get a general idea of what I'm talking about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o25I2fzFGoY

I really can't understand why people feel the need to hide themselves from reality. To just wrap themselves in a veil of something that sounds nice even tho they know it's not real and after just lie to themselves "it's not that bad".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, I did think the purple stuff on the ground was supposed to be similar to the earlier trash that only leave a small path to navigate through safely. But having done the boss a few times I realize that sometimes there simply isn't any space to walk on, it's just completely covered. And it's ridiculous that dying to such an ability doesn't even show in the combat log. How are people supposed to learn?
    That's simply a lie. There's ALWAYS a way. The path on LFR seems so big to me it's not even funny. Last kill we did on HC it was no longer than 4 yards in front of the beam. You stopped, you died. In LFR it's almost what? 25 yards in melee range? Seems crazy people can't see it. It's even more crazier that on LFR you can simply watch how close the Disintegration Beam and not even care about the maze.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-09-07 at 02:27 PM.

it is easy except for anyone who lags out during the cloud phase. all those people who die to that usually get lag spikes.

Like many others said: Just care about the beam, not the maze. The maze is never deadly, even on heroic.

Oh, and when someone around you says something like "Force of Will on ME" get away from them. Every other thing in the fight will not kill you =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    No, it is absolutely not easy to find your way to the clear paths in the fog during the death beam phase the first couple of times you are there. I'm sure, like most things, it will seem like a breeze once you do it a few times.

The responses on this thread reinforce my point. So many people simply cannot see things from the perspective of somebody who is doing something for the first time.
    Um, actually it is. Look on the ground for the purple snakey lines. The end.

Know how you can find this out? WoWHead it. Thottbot it. Ask in your guild. Ask in trade. The content is really fucking old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Oh, and when someone around you says something like "Force of Will on ME" get away from them. Every other thing in the fight will not kill you =)
    Force of will doesn't actually throw you on LFR. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Force of will doesn't actually throw you on LFR. >.>
    Oh... okay. Then just stay away from the beam.

In all fairness the only thing you have to do in LFR durumu is not get hit by the beam, the floor ticks for ~35k, I normally just run to the other side and sit there and dps in lfr.

Fact that most people die the second the beam activates is just sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Durumu LFR's difficulty has nothing to do with anything on the ground-- it has to do with that beam chasing you. The maze does practically no damage in LFR and too big a deal is made of it.
    The beam is so slow aswell. This is why Durumu is laughable and I cry inside everytime someone dies on it.

No sympathy from me OP if your to slow and get hit by the beam, or other people in your LFR

I see this problem with kids at my work as well, when we get summer help to relieve some stress, I find myself explaining simple routines over and over again. how hard can it be to go on a computer, type the customers name, write the item he is buying , his name and take payment, give him receipt and you're done, this they fail over and over again. I mean we're talking about small orders for 200-1000€ most of the times, perhaps 2-3 items.
    If they did that with bigger orders like people who buy truck loads worth 50k or 100k€ it would create a serious problem.

Sorry couldn't stop myself there, my point is that some people won't learn no matter how many times, how many times they try, it's a reason I claim that 95% of the worlds populate could be considered analphabetic.

No, it is absolutely not easy to find your way to the clear paths in the fog during the death beam phase the first couple of times you are there. I'm sure, like most things, it will seem like a breeze once you do it a few times.

The responses on this thread reinforce my point. So many people simply cannot see things from the perspective of somebody who is doing something for the first time.
    I've yet to die on normal, heroic or LFR from the beam or the maze. The only times I died was because of the Parasites or because there was Life Drain stunning me in the beam. It's not about being there first time. It's all about not giving a hell about others. It's all about "if I stay in the beam and die, I get to AFK here without people complaining"; "I don't need to be here for the boss to die, it will die just fine if I watch my TV show"; "I'll auto attack and go feed my cat." or simply "I attacked this, I get the loot now. Fuck all of you."

Trust me, the last one is the most common one. Not that the others are any less annoying. I simply can't believe someone can die twice from the same thing. Even once is a stretch but more than that it's just on purpose.

Deleted
    The shit on the ground is what makes the fight annoying, its everywhere and is nothing like the trash earlier because the animation for the maze just sucks.

personally I want blizzard to be more creative than just putting aoe everywhere in raid design.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Well, the original statement (1) was:

After that:
    (2)
    Your answer:
    (3)

vs my statement:
    (4)

(1) is complete BS.
    (2) is only questionable if the healers are either dead/afk/not-afk-but-still-refuse-to-heal-somewhy.
    (3) would be acceptable response, if you would have spared the last part. (2) is normally true, not always, but more often that not. (According to my data, and to the fact that I haven't seen any contradictory information/data/logs.)
    (4) would need extension for present, but completely useless healers. But if I would assume that they are that common in LFR, then I would be bashing LFR in some ppls opinion, so I would refrain from that.

So no. The maze is largely unimportant. Just don't get yourself killed by the beam. You will only die from the Eye Sore after ~10s without any healing. In 10s you should be able to find the path.
    he can very rarely be bothered to provide any form of proof to back his arguments whereas you have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Durumu is pretty annoying in LFR if you've only seen videos. And what is a 545 tank doing in LFR anyway?

de stressing after the raid week and getting a laugh at LFR "raiders"?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Durumu LFR's difficulty has nothing to do with anything on the ground-- it has to do with that beam chasing you. The maze does practically no damage in LFR and too big a deal is made of it.
    For something that does practically no damage, it sure kills a lot of people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    It doesn't. The beam does.
    Dying to the maze is extremely rare.

I didn't die to it my first time. I can see how you can die to it; though, being inexperienced with the game, probably panicking, and rushing through. Take the panda's advice and go slow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    It doesn't. The beam does.
    Dying to the maze is extremely rare.
    It does something like 35-50k a second. Don't remember the last time the beam actually killed someone. Stop making shit up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    It does something like 35-50k a second. Don't remember the last time the beam actually killed someone. Stop making shit up.
    The Disintegration Beam? That insta-kills people.
    The maze does 40k/s damage.

But like always, if you have data supporting your claims (You obviously don't have, but whatever.), then post them!

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    like i said its usually lag. when you see 10 people drop like bricks and none of them were near the beam its gonna be lag for the most part. either connection lag or video lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    its probably without a doubt the easiest fight in lfr
    seriously? durumu is easier than, oh, say, Stone guard, or gara'jal?

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    like i said its usually lag. when you see 10 people drop like bricks and none of them were near the beam its gonna be lag for the most part. either connection lag or video lag.
    No, it's not "usually lag". It's people who either A) Still fail to understand that the beam is instant death, B) People who auto-attack/afk the boss, C) People who are just genuinely awful at pve in any form, or D) Lag

I run WoW on a SHIT laptop, and I run durumu with spell effects set to high, and I don't get any frame lag. Stop making shit up when you have no evidence to support it.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    No don't make that bullshit please don't do that that's like one of the most ''terrible'' excuses a raider can make and I'll classify the typical LFR raider well a RAIDER in that area despite It's LFR. It's like your in progression and you die to stupid shit then the raid leader calls you out wtf do you say? ''OH I'M LAGGING I'M SORRY'' LOL