Thread: Spec for 5.4

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Spec for 5.4

Strangely, I haven't seen much discussion about this lately. At the beginning of PTR, people seemed to feel Surv was gonna be the strongest spec, but a lot has happend since then.

Has there been any tests/simulations done on the current PTR version (which seems to be pretty much done when it comes to class balance), to compare Surv and BM? Will they be so close it doesn't matter? Will it be fight dependent? Will it change depending on gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience on PTR, they're fairly even. It's going to be boss-by-boss as to which spec is preferred.
    Single target and clumped burst-AOE: BM
    Multi-Dot/Target Switching: Survival

The only thing I really noticed was how much more Surv gained from 4pc than BM. Survival 4pc is just... silly.

Not to mention how tedious and boring the survival bonus is sometimes =/

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    Not to mention how tedious and boring the survival bonus is sometimes =/
    It's like our version of ascendance except its RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    From my experience on PTR, they're fairly even. It's going to be boss-by-boss as to which spec is preferred.
    Single target and clumped burst-AOE: BM
    Multi-Dot/Target Switching: Survival

The only thing I really noticed was how much more Surv gained from 4pc than BM. Survival 4pc is just... silly.
    This is exactly what I have found.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    This is exactly what I have found.
    what you going to use for spoils, i found my pet getting stuck in crates and even in the start of the fight. i will guess that bm due to superior CD brust, and with the extra range on beast cleave i guess would be totally dif than what it feels in ptr testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    what you going to use for spoils, i found my pet getting stuck in crates and even in the start of the fight. i will guess that bm due to superior CD brust, and with the extra range on beast cleave i guess would be totally dif than what it feels in ptr testing.
    I guess I haven't really said anything about that subject, but I won't be playing next tier. If I was, I'd most likely go SV. BM just felt way too clunky when I was testing that fight.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like SV or MM to be top in almost all fights in 5.4. Really sick of BM with pet issues. Having to dance around pathing issues and such has been such a pain in ToT.

mentioned this in another thread but in my personal testing, SV was doing more ST dps than BM for me.. consistently too.. 4pc is huge.. but there are a lot of little factors involved.. BM scales a bit better than SV so maybe in full t16 gear it will jump ahead significantly.. if you're lucky and get 4pc pretty quickly and still have t15 weapon etc.. then SV will def be better. Eventually it'll even out i'm guessing and we'll end up going back and forth for each fight as always.. Hopefully simc is updated for sv soon so we can get a better idea..

Deleted
    My initial tests seem to have SV about 5% behind BM on patchwork. That's probably close enough to make a lot of people play SV all the way through.
    Saying that, my tests also keep coming up with Mastery to be the best stat for bm (by a mile)

I went with the standard haste > crit for BM.. which is probably why I was getting lower results.. I will test around other reforges as well..

Mastery being the best stat is odd.. but can make sense if you go with AmoC instead of BS.. /shrug.. we need better sims

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    I went with the standard haste > crit for BM.. which is probably why I was getting lower results.. I will test around other reforges as well..

Mastery being the best stat is odd.. but can make sense if you go with AmoC instead of BS.. /shrug.. we need better sims
    aMoC does not benefit from Mastery, where BS does...

they both benefit.. but BS synergizes really well with haste.. if you go with a mastery build, you won't end up with much haste. but like i said tho, we need better sims

Deleted
    SV will do just fine in every fight, at least for normals. If you will take some time to start heroics, and like SV, just play it. When u really need to min max you wanna switch to BM for almost every fight. Also MM will not be that far as it is now, I will definetly use it for ST fights while we clear normal. I really like to play all 3 specs as often as possible, so t16 normals will be the last chance to do so.

crit>haste>mastery on tuesday for survival right?

tested crit > haste > mast as BM.. and again.. getting ~10k drop as BM compared to SV.. the burst is amazing, but when evened out over 8-10 minutes, BM dps drops.. I might have to switch to SV when I get 4pc t16..

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    they both benefit.. but BS synergizes really well with haste.. if you go with a mastery build, you won't end up with much haste. but like i said tho, we need better sims
    I thought aMoC was a DoT, not a pet..... Since the crows are just a part of the animation.

So, no one is going to try MM when 5.4 goes live? :| Well I am, since it's only normals... after normal is cleared however, going back to BM/SV.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    So, no one is going to try MM when 5.4 goes live? :| Well I am, since it's only normals... after normal is cleared however, going back to BM/SV.
    As I keep saying, even if marksmen is 100% the exact same dps as the other two, it will still be the worst spec.

Deleted
    well i think ill stick to sv all the way...hate the bm spec with all its problems...just hope that ill do good(fingers crossed)