Arena rating win/loss points

I understand that the more you win, the more rating you get per win until it "tapers off" and you get only 5-14 rating per win after quite a few losses have accumilated.
    The part I dont get is at 1908 rating, we beat a 1814 team, and they lost 0 rating. But when we lose to a 2100 team, we lose 12 rating.
    Whats the deal?

MMR.

If your MMR is higher than the teams rating, that will blunt your losses and buff your wins. If yoru MMR is lower than the teams ratings, that will blunt your wins and make your losses hurt more.

/confused
    lalala

In other words, delete your team and you will do better in regards to your losses.
    I'm not sure why it is this way, but has been for a very, very, very long time.

MMR is the culprit, but have no fear. When arena teams are demolished, this will hopefully no longer be an issue. Without teams, I see no reason why personal rating should ever be any different from MMR.

Deleted
    the rating you get only depends on the enemy teams MMR.

blizzard tries to make you face teams around your own MMR, so when your MMR is higher you face higher teams as well.

doesn't matter if your mmr is 1500 or 2500, when you face a team with 2000 mmr you will get rating according to that.

doesn't matter how many wins you got in a row or anything like that, this is THE ONLY thing that matters =)

The weird thing is the example I gave where the enemy team lost 0 rating after we beat them, was it was against vanguards/prehot.. rank 1..

10+ Year Old Account
    MMR != your team rating. Your MMR isn't shown in the interface, it is a number hidden from players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    The weird thing is the example I gave where the enemy team lost 0 rating after we beat them, was it was against vanguards/prehot.. rank 1..
    The enemy team was a newly created team? If your team rating is 0 how are you supposed to lose rating? Hell unless your team rating is within like 500 of your teams MMR you lose next to nothing. If my teams MMR is 2200 but my team rating is 900 since we just made it we lose 0 rating for a loss, but we do lose MMR which isn't shown. Thats how its been since forever.

What bugs me is when you beat a team at the same MMR as you and you get 8 points but then lose to a team 100 MMR higher and lose 15 points. Thats when its bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    What bugs me is when you beat a team at the same MMR as you and you get 8 points but then lose to a team 100 MMR higher and lose 15 points. Thats when its bullshit.
    "MMR != your team rating. Your MMR isn't shown in the interface, it is a number hidden from players."

So wait, how do you know that the enemy team has the same mmr if its hidden from players?

Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    "MMR != your team rating. Your MMR isn't shown in the interface, it is a number hidden from players."

So wait, how do you know that the enemy team has the same mmr if its hidden from players?
    The number thats shown at the end is your's and their's team mmr at the bottom right. Thats why when you make a new team at 0 rating it still says your rating is 1800 or whatever at the end of a match. However, the +- that you see showing how much you win or lose is the team rating change. Your MMR can go up or down by alot more or less but that change is not shown. Its kind of weird; the change you see is team rating but the value you see is your MMR. It kind of makes sense when you think about it because your team rating has no effect on anything but thats the change you want to see. What's even moe complicated is everyone has a personal MMR and theirs is effected more or less than the teams since its essentially the average and this is pretty much how it will be in 5.4.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    individual ratings follow you even though your team has an MMR. The individual rating system has been around for a long time just not being shown to the public. Thats why a 2k player who reforms a team at 1500 rating still carries the 2k match making rating. Your arena rating really has nothing to do with your Match making rating unless at one point you dropped MMR.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    The number thats shown at the end is your's and their's team mmr at the bottom right. Thats why when you make a new team at 0 rating it still says your rating is 1800 or whatever at the end of a match. However, the +- that you see showing how much you win or lose is the team rating change. Your MMR can go up or down by alot more or less but that change is not shown. Its kind of weird; the change you see is team rating but the value you see is your MMR. It kind of makes sense when you think about it because your team rating has no effect on anything but thats the change you want to see. What's even moe complicated is everyone has a personal MMR and theirs is effected more or less than the teams since its essentially the average and this is pretty much how it will be in 5.4.
    This is the correct answer.

When you beat the 1800 MMR team, they were a freshly made team and probably were under 1000 team rating, meaning their team couldn't lose any rating. It's almost guaranteed that their MMR dropped from losing though, so if you met them again their MMR on the scoreboard at the end would've shown 1785 or something.