Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Cool Cosmetic Wishlist

I made a wishlist of cosmetic stuff I'd like to see in-game

if you have any suggestions, place put them in the comments, and I may add them to the OP

• Death Knight
      • Glyph of the Reaper - Your Dancing Rune Weapon summons a Scythe instead of a copy of your weapon;
      • Glyph of Dark Transformation - Your Dark Transformation now turns your minion into a Flesh Beast;
      • Glyph of the Unholy Val'kyr - Teaches you the ability Summon Val'kyr:
        • Summon Val'kyr - A val'kyr flies into the area and bombards the target with Plague damage modified by the Death Knight's attack power. Persists for 30 sec. Replaces Summon Gargoyle.
      • Glyph of the Throne - Teaches you the ability Frozen Throne:
        • Frozen Throne - Creates a throne of ice. Sitting on the throne encases the death knight on ice.
    • Druid
      • Epic Questline - Heart of the Nightmare: Enter the Emerald Dream and fight against the Emerald Nightmare itself. The new Nightmare Lord is far too powerful, and you will have to choose between absorbing the nightmare and bending it to your will or fighting against nearly impossible odds. But fear not! Should you choose not to abandon proper druidism, Cenarius shall not abandon you. He will give you his blessing, and that will give you the chance to fight the Nightmare Lord with the fury of the untainted nature. The choice you make on this questline alters the reward you receive at the end:
        • Blessing of Cenarius - Grants you Access to the Cenarion Form:
          • Cenarion Form - Shapeshift into Cenarion Form, allowing you to use the power of the other forms as aspects.
            • The Scenarion Form model is that of a fully customizable, player-like Dryad or Keeper, that shows armor on itself;
        • Nightmare Taint - You become a Druid of the Nightmare, exchanging your normal druidic forms for nightmare forms:
          • Bear Form - Arachnidian Form;
            • Scorpions for night elves (like Fandrall) and Tauren; Spiders for Trolls (Shandra) and Worgen (Silverpine is full of spiders and worgen);
          • Cat Form - Fang Form;
            • It's essentially a Snake Form, the name "Fang Form" is just a nod to the Druids of the Fang;
          • Moonkin Form - Faceless Form;
            • The nightmare was revealed to have been caused by N'zoth, the old god, on Blizzcon 2010;
          • Tree of Life - Nightmare Lord;
            • Essentially, a big tainted and evil-looking tree;
          • Treant Form - Corrupted Treant Form;
          • Travel Form - Lizard Form;
          • Aquatic Form - Anglerfish Form;
    • Hunter
      • Glyph of the Spider - Teaches you the ability Web Trap:
        • Web Trap - Place a web trap that webs the first enemy that approaches, preventing all action for up to 1 min. Any damage caused will rip the web. Only one target can be Web Trapped at a time. Trap will exist for 1 min. Replaces Freezing Trap.
    • Mage
      • Glyph of the 7th Book - Teaches you the ability Raise Skeletal Mage:
        • Summon Skeletal Mage - Summon a Skeletal Mage to fight for the caster, but don't tell anyone you've been practicing forbidden magic! Casting Frostbolt on your Skeletal Mage will heal it for X. Replaces Summon Water Elemental.
    • Monk
      • Glyph of Hope - Your Healing spells take on the aspect of the Red Crane of Hope;
      • Glyph of Tea - Your brew-based abilities now display yourself drinking tea, for those who dislike alcohol;
      • Glyph of Beer - Your tea-based abilities now display yourself drinking alcohol, for those who dislike tea;

• Paladin
      • Glyph of the Winged Charger - Your Paladin class mounts gains wings of light, allowing it to fly;
      • Glyph of the Naaru - Teaches you the ability Presence of the Naaru:
        • Presence of the Naaru - Summons an Essence of the Naaru. The Essence of the Naaru has a different effect depending on the paladin's specialization. Replaces Guardian of Ancient Kings;
    • Priest
      • Glyph of the Lightspawn - Teaches you the ability Lightspawn:
        • Lightspawn - Creates a Lighspawn to attack the target. Caster receives 3% mana when the Lighspawn attacks. Lasts 12 sec. Replaces Shadowfiend.
      • Glyph of the Holy Arrow - Smite now causes you to shoot an arrow of light at the target;
        • The bow looks like the type of bow an archangel would wield;
      • Glyph of the Moon - Mind Blast now causes you to shoot a moonlit arrow;
        • The bow looks like the type of bow a night elf would wield;
      • Glyph of the Necrolyte - Your Shadowfiend now appears as a skeleton;
      • Glyph of the Old Ones - Your Shadowform now transforms you into a faceless one;
    • Rogue
      • Glyph of Amazing Evasion - Your Evasion skill now displays afterimages of you dodging attacks while it's active;
        • I based this one on the amazing spider-man's hyper sense mode in Spider-man: Edge of time
      • Glyph of the Dark Stalker - While in stealth, you appear to be completely shadowed, with red glowing eyes;
      • Glyph of Guns - Teaches you the ability Gun Shot:
        • Gun Shot - Shoot at an enemy target. Replaces Throw.
          • In case you choose the Shuriken Toss talent, Gun Shot is replaced by Pistol Barrage:
            • Pistol Barrage - A ranged attack that deals X Physical damage to an enemy target. If the enemy is farther than 10 yards away, your autoattacks will be replaced with ranged shots for up to 10 sec, granting them a 30 yd range. The bullets are filled with your Lethal Poison. Awards 1 combo point. Replaces Gun Shot.
    • Shaman
      • Glyph of Elementium - Your Ascendant Form is now that of an Elementium Ascendant;
      • Glyph of Ghost Crawlers - Your Spirit Wolves are replaced with Ghost Crawlers.
    • Warlock
      • Glyph of Winged Nightmares - Your Felsteed and Dreadsteed grow demonic wings, gaining the ability to fly;
      • Glyph of Twilight Bolt - Your Shadow Bolt now appears to be a bolt of twilight energy;
        • I couldn't find a good screenshot of the spell
      • Glyph of Sha Bolt - Your Shadow Bolt now appears to be a bolt of sha energy;
        • I couldn't find a screenshot of the spell, but it's in-game, various korune mogu mobs shoot sha bolts, just look for them
    • Warrior
      • Glyph of Blood and Thunder - Your Bloodthirst ability also causes you to be charged with thunder;
      • Glyph of the Barbarian - While in Berserker Stance, you remove your breastplate, but it's effects remain;
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-09-07 at 02:55 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Wow, some really neat ideas here. As a paladin player, I really wish those in particular were real. I'd probably stay with the normal Guardian, but that's a cool idea. Also, I hope the other glyph would work with the Argent Charger.

Good stuff man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Hope - Your Healing spells take on the aspect of the Red Crane of Hope;

I stopped reading here to say: "OMG YES PLEASE"

Those are actually some really cool ideas, though I'm not sure how I feel about scorpions for Night Elves... the scorpion form wasn't nightmare-associated, it was connected with Firelands and the druid of the Flame. I think everyone should probably get spider-forms in that case.

I'd love to see hunter glyphs that gave your arrows an elementally-enhanced look, and I'd love to be able to select a customized "build" for my character-- you know, height and weight slider, for character customization.

I'd use the shit out of these:
    Glyph of Hope - Your Healing spells take on the aspect of the Red Crane of Hope
    Glyph of Tea - Your brew-based abilities now display yourself drinking tea
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-09-01 at 02:41 AM.

These are really cool. Blizzard missed a great opportunity to have inscription give a ton of cosmetic effects (I know there are some, but it's honestly not many). Unfortunately, with the cash shop looming over us, I expect any really cool cosmetics to be there.

Ah well, we can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Those are actually some really cool ideas, though I'm not sure how I feel about scorpions for Night Elves... the scorpion form wasn't nightmare-associated, it was connected with Firelands and the druid of the Flame. I think everyone should probably get spider-forms in that case.
    I took the druids of the nightmare idea from the RPG books, that state:

"Druids of the Nightmare transform into vermin such as monstrous scorpions or monstrous spiders instead of the animals other druids choose."

since fandral and the other druids of the flame use scorpion forms, and they are all night elves, and fandral was tainted by the nightmare and he was the one that started the flame order, and the flame order works for ragnaros who works for deathwing who works for n'zoth, I gave the scorpion form for night elves.

I mixed both scorpions and spiders into one single role because I really wanted to fit the fang form in (/love wailing caverns) and druids have a limited amount of forms

What I would like:

Priest:
    Glyph of the Moon (night elf & worgen only) - Transforms your shadow spells into glowing moonlight (a la priestess of the moon).
    Glyph of the Sun (blood elf and tauren only) - Transforms your shadow spells into glowing sunlight (a kind of sun-priest)

Druid:
    Glyph of the Wilds - Replaces your sun and moon themed spells with life and weather effects (green wrath, solar beam envelops the target in swirling winds etc)

Shaman:
    Glyph of Spirits - Replaces your elemental spells with spirit-themed spells (lightning bolt becomes spirit bolt, fire elemental becomes a raging spirit etc)

I'd also like to see among others a "green fire style" questline for Shaman that rewards some special totems.

Glyph of Deep Wounds: Your deep wounds causes the target to leave a trail of blood. Does not work when the target is stealthed.

Glyph of Rage: Whenever you are enraged or use recklessness, your eyes glow red for the duration.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-09-01 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

A lot of these honestly aren't cosmetic. The Lightspawn for Priests, Unholy Valkyr for DK's, and a few others.

Some really good concepts here, but this thread should be titled "Stuff We Want" rather than "'Costmetic' Wishlist".

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the quest idea for the druids, but IMO it would have been better to have Fire Druids instead of druids of the nightmare

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    A lot of these honestly aren't cosmetic. The Lightspawn for Priests, Unholy Valkyr for DK's, and a few others.

Some really good concepts here, but this thread should be titled "Stuff We Want" rather than "'Costmetic' Wishlist".
    Those are cosmetics, cause they just substitude an ability, it makes the same thing as the substitued ability but change the theme of the ability

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post

IMHO, if it does the same thing, but looks different, it's cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I like the quest idea for the druids, but IMO it would have been better to have Fire Druids instead of druids of the nightmare
    I understand your point of view, but considering lore as a whole, the druids of the flame were a one-time thing, where the nightmare is druidism's good old nemesis. there's a reason we got a book about the top druid of azeroth fighting against the emerald nightmare

WOW, amazing ideas! Kudos.

I wish DK's Soul Reaper had some sort of animation akin to Execution Sentence... Perhaps like Svala's Ritual of the Sword.

Something tells me your main is a druid. <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    you play a druid dont you

but seriously. these are some amazing ideas. as a druid player myself some of thats stuff sounds pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Something tells me your main is a druid. <.<
    actually, it's a warlock

unfortunately, I never managed to get my will together to level a druid up. I guess I just don't dig the "I must protect the forests" theme. but if I could get some dark side forms to appeal to my grimdark-loving eternal tween side, or if I could get some hawt dryad action, I'd say that would be more than enough to help me gather the resolve to level my druids up

Druid
    Glyph Emerald Visage: Changes your flight form into a green drake.
    Glyph of the Pack(Worgen): Worgen retain their natural form when in Bear/Cat form

Priest
    Glyph of Twins: Transform into a Light or Dark Val'kyr depending on your specc. Acts like a mount.
    Glyph of The Spirit Healer: Same as above but with the Spirit Healer Model for Holy?

DK
    Glyph of Lichborne: Actually gives you a transform graphic when Lichborne is activated.

a glyph that gives pallies' and warlocks' steeds wings for god's sake.
    Last edited by Senarx; 2013-09-01 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I took the druids of the nightmare idea from the RPG books, that state:

"Druids of the Nightmare transform into vermin such as monstrous scorpions or monstrous spiders instead of the animals other druids choose."

since fandral and the other druids of the flame use scorpion forms, and they are all night elves, and fandral was tainted by the nightmare and he was the one that started the flame order, and the flame order works for ragnaros who works for deathwing who works for n'zoth, I gave the scorpion form for night elves.

I mixed both scorpions and spiders into one single role because I really wanted to fit the fang form in (/love wailing caverns) and druids have a limited amount of forms
    Oh, I didn't know that-- since the RPG books are non-canon, I'm not terribly familiar with them, that's very interesting!

Glyph of the Wilds(the weather effects, like wind) would most likely be something given to Shaman, since they are the ones who are attuned to the Elements.