Is it worth starting Legendary questline now?

Quickly browsed at the quest chain and looks like I will have to run a lot of old LFR and wait several weeks of valor cap. Problem is that no one runs CM LFR anymore or any non-TOT for the matter... Is the cape really worth it (Blood DK)?
    Many thanks guys!

-P

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    Quickly browsed at the quest chain and looks like I will have to run a lot of old LFR and wait several weeks of valor cap. Problem is that no one runs CM LFR anymore or any non-TOT for the matter... Is the cape really worth it (Blood DK)?
    Many thanks guys!

-P
    of course it is worth it. and you would be surprised how many people still run old raid finders. I will do it from time to time just to blow off some steam and laugh at how bad LFR raiders continue to be.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your too impaitent to do the old shit via LFR look no further the stuff that you need also drops in SoO well obviously when the LFR thing comes out.

Wrathion's Legendary Questline

From the PTR notes thus far:

All bosses in Throne of Thunder now have a chance to drop Sigil of Power or Sigil of Wisdom in addition to their normal loot for players on the appropriate step in the legendary questline. Players should also no longer be receiving excess Sigils of Power or Sigils of Wisdom.
    The first eight bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar have a chance to drop a Sigil of Power, Sigil of Wisdom, Secrets of the Empire, or Titan Runestone in addition to their normal loot for players on the appropriate step in the legendary questline.

So you won't need to run old LFR if you don't want to. It's definitely BiS for any class/spec, and you should try to get it on at least one toon to get to the World Boss.

Deleted
    Beside that u will get anything u need at the first 8 bosses in SoO.
    (Anything means: Sigils and Runestones, U have still to kill Sha and LeiShen but this is then one time an old LFR)

You will be able to finish the sigil part in 1 week likely, though it will take A LOT of LFRing. I just started trying to gear up an alt on a new server (wanna try the horde side for a bit) and I finished sigils in 2 weeks, while getting 18 sigils of wisdom while waiting for the 10th power, so with 5.4 will be even faster since you can no longer get excess of one type. Its than 3 weeks of valor cap (not several weeks) since they nerfed it to 3000 from 6000 it was earlier. The few BGs and the boss after this step are easy to do quickly. Titan runestones will probably be a bit of a bottleneck, but the ability to get them in SoO will significantly speed up the process. Than its just Secrets were also are significantly speed up by also being in SoO. No more collections after that, you can finish the rest in a few hours (I hear the timeless isle portion to actually upgrade the cloak to legendary takes very little time, like 30 minutes if you go quickly). All in all it will probably take about 2 months or so, which will still leave over half the raiding tier for playing with your new orange.

Also, remember that for the quests that require you to kill the end boss (sha and lei shen) you can get that quest item even if you have already looted the boss for the week. So if you get your last secret of the empire by killing lei-shen LFR (who incidentally has a guaranteed drop for one), you can turn it in and get the next quest, then re-run LFR and kill lei-shen again and get the quest item you need, even though you won't get to roll for loot again.

On another note, anyone know if they are increasing the drop chance on runestones/secrets? Other than simply also dropping from first 8 of SoO.
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2013-09-07 at 03:47 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    On another note, anyone know if they are increasing the drop chance on runestones/secrets? Other than simply also dropping from first 8 of SoO.
    I don't believe they've mentioned such, I think they're just giving us eight more chances on top of the 6 we already have for secrets/runestones as our catch-up rather than 8 extra and higher chances.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    They have added plenty of catch-up parts. I think if you're lucky enough you can easily finish the chain before the end of 5.4

SoO should last at least 8 months. It takes about 3 months to complete the Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    Many thanks guys!

-P
    Part of me says that if you haven't started it by now, at this stage in the expansion you'll want to gouge your eyes out by the time you're done. On the other hand, 5.4 is probably going to be here quite a while, so it might be something you can chip away at pretty well.

I waved the white flag on stage 15/25, but to be fair I also didn't start the quest right away when I hit 90, so did a lot of things out of order (or more than I needed to).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    SoO should last at least 8 months. It takes about 3 months to complete the Legendary.
    3 months of flawless rolls, sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you haven't already been running T14 and T15 content, you're probably going to need to run some of that anyway before you can get into T16 content. And they've implemented things to make catching up a bit easier. So you might as well at least pick up the quest and start collecting the items for it. I mean, it'll still take you a while, but who knows how long we'll be on 5.4?

As for whether or not the cloak is worth it for a Blood DK, go ahead and compare the best available LFR tank cloak with the legendary tank cloak:

Gloomwrap Greatcloak vs Qian-Ying, Fortitude of Niuzao

Or if you want to go DPS instead:

Drape of the Despairing Pit vs Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    You will be able to finish the sigil part in 1 week likely, though it will take A LOT of LFRing. I just started trying to gear up an alt on a new server (wanna try the horde side for a bit) and I finished sigils in 2 weeks, while getting 18 sigils of wisdom while waiting for the 10th power, so with 5.4 will be even faster since you can no longer get excess of one type.
    I swear my shaman alt skipped the sigil quest. All I had to do was bash my head on test of valor for 6 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    youll catch up quick
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

With 5.4 they are pretty much reducing the time by 5-7 weeks.