How to survive hunter as a SP

Hey,

i struggle a lot with surviving against hunter as a SP. First it was just annoying, but now that arenas consist 50% of hunter i rly need some help!

I think i even lose to the worst hunters out there. Most hunters do this (i guess they are bad, since one just doesnt open like that but yeah...):

1. Comming out of camouflage lol burst all cds lol and then lol more
    2. I do all i can to somehow stop it...Fear him and Zoo ( he removes fear with hunter ability)
    3. I psyfiend/root to stop him (he trinket)

(note that at this time im already at like 30%-50%)

4. Well the massacre continues so i decide to Dispersion to make my death lil slower
    5. Dispersion is over, i get silenced
    (by now im out of cc, can try desperatly to silence)
    6. I get scatter
    7. I get webbed by pet
    8. I die

Most likely he didn even use deterrance yet and didnt even use some selfhelas or just fucking whatever.
    Me for my part did basicly 0 dmg cause i was constantly interrupted or just had to play 100% defensive.

Even when i try los, i get stunned by pet (without los of hunter), i get slowed until i creep like a slug, or i get knocked out to the open with explosive trap.

I feel even when the hunter would start with 200k hp and i with 1 million i would still lose.

Any good tips what i could do???

And really, plz...so many hunters around its not funny anymore.

thx

SP's are one of the better classes to versus a hunter. Try to fear/root pet as much as possible, get dots rolling, and maintain shield/PoM. Dispersing when cd's are popped will help too.

Is not the biggest defensive CD against any ranged class LoS? Hunter pops CDs you LoS and GG? That's how I live as a melee. Never understand why everyone thinks if you are not trying to constantly kill something then you are not winning...

Try to stay in close range for aoe fear, esp when he uses feign death. start duel out with shield on urself as well as renew (glyph of dark binding) and reapply on cd.
    use mending often.
    vtouch sw: p and mind blast until u have 3 orbs, then dev plague, insanity and mindbender. aoe fear stampede. make sure you dont waste your 3 orb dev plague during deterrence.
    if youre taking big damage make sure to use vamp embrace but be sure to have at least sw: p and vtouch on the hunter.
    start duel out with psyfiend so he will likely get feared at the start. shouldnt even need to disperse.
    if all else fails, kill his pet. silence his healer before dev plague.
    Last edited by Decorpse; 2013-09-06 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Is not the biggest defensive CD against any ranged class LoS? Hunter pops CDs you LoS and GG? That's how I live as a melee. Never understand why everyone thinks if you are not trying to constantly kill something then you are not winning...
    Hunters not scary its his pet. Blink strike makes los of sight useless btw.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-09-06 at 04:17 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worsthitmanNa View Post
    Hunters not scary its his pet. Blink strike makes los of sight useless btw.
    Not to forget the 70k+ kill commands.....

Hunter qq'ing is op.
    They arent that bad. In arena id MUCH rather see a hunter than a unh dk or feral. L2 eat traps.

there is not much u can do. they need to add sniper training back or something. Backpedalling hunter can kite u forever and do ridiculous damage with autoattacks. The worst of the players still do good damage in pvp.

who cares if hes trying to kite you, youre ranged. If youre trying to melee him as a spriest, you got it wrong. Pet dies in like 2 seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    Heal yourself?

Seriously, put renew on yourself, put sw then vamp touch, hunter will either feign death or silencing shot, if he silencing shots you use pw:s and heal yourself back to full. Or you could silence the hunter to prevent him from silencing you.

That CD that heals you for a portion of your dmg also helps to survive. Have dots rolling, pop that CD, do some counterpressure. Between that, yeah, use root and fear.

In arena you have to rely more on your partner though.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Heal yourself?

Seriously, put renew on yourself, put sw then vamp touch, hunter will either feign death or silencing shot, if he silencing shots you use pw:s and heal yourself back to full. Or you could silence the hunter to prevent him from silencing you.

That CD that heals you for a portion of your dmg also helps to survive. Have dots rolling, pop that CD, do some counterpressure. Between that, yeah, use root and fear.

In arena you have to rely more on your partner though.
    you won't outheal a hunter popping all cds. flash heal heals for 30k and if your flashing your not dpsing. dots dont tick for much either..

you've basically got to go all out in a duel with vampiric embrace up and force him deterance. the pet will still do alot of dmg tho.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    you won't outheal a hunter popping all cds. flash heal heals for 30k and if your flashing your not dpsing. dots dont tick for much either..

you've basically got to go all out in a duel with vampiric embrace up and force him deterance. the pet will still do alot of dmg tho.
    Yes this...even when i los and heal often i wonder if i even pressed the button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Yes this...even when i los and heal often i wonder if i even pressed the button.
    Doesn't it work if you root the pet and then heal? And even then, don't you have a healer to heal you? :P

Deleted
    LoS, DoTs, heals.

In a complete 1v1 situation you don't have to have any high dps at all. Just make sure you survive while having DoTs on him and LoS as much as possible.

Deleted
    Don't waste CD's unnecessarily. Just because the stable is on you doesn't mean you have to waste fear/root on them. Stable doesn't do shit anymore, it's just an illusion. What people don't see when they have stable on them is that the main pet is doing 90% of the damage. Take this opportunity to dot up the main pet and pressure it (Given the hunter is LoS and not directly attacking you). Any half decent hunter will call the pet back to avoid wasting Heart of the phoenix in early game. If the hunter doesn't then his pet is dead and you can just do the exact same thing once more, GG.

Don't get scared of big numbers, pet alone is responsible for those, it's not even dangerous. Whenever hunter uses his first bestial wrath you do all in your power to disable and/or avoid the hunter. Fuck the pet, it's useless! The danger with hunter during bestial wrath is the 30-40k Arcane Shots, just avoid those and you'll be fine and he wasted his CD's. I can't stress this enough; Don't EVER use any CD/CC on the hunter before he uses his first Bestial wrath.

When the hunter uses his second bestial wrath it's time to kill him. Just go balls deep in his ass and pop everything you have, they are glass canons! The hunter will be forced to use deterrence rendering himself useless. Needless to say, now would be the time to put some CC on his healer/partner and go for the kill.

Deleted
    Only way to survive a hunter is to be a pure healer spec, no matter what class you play. If the hunter has some manner of clue and gear, you won't survive his epic facerolling.

Hey,

thanks for all the advices. Ill try some of the stuff and see if i get better. The thing is, usually i have a plan what i want to do and ofc i just try to focus not to panic n stuff.

Like : "when he burst i los...". By the time i can hug a pillar im half dead
    "ok, pet n zoo dont do as much dmg no need to be so scared". After 3 sec behind pillar half dead only by pet

Then i go straight to plan B, pop all def cds and die. If im lucky the hunter is at 95 % hp

On my lock i dont have so much troubles to hunters, but thats only cause of strong def cds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Like : "when he burst i los...". By the time i can hug a pillar im half dead
    "ok, pet n zoo dont do as much dmg no need to be so scared". After 3 sec behind pillar half dead only by pet
    You need to plan things better. Positioning is everything in arena and standing exposed 100 miles from any LoS possibility is nothing else than stupidity. Never leave LoS unless your target is out of range and you have to re-position, that is the only reason and even then it's debatable if it's worth leaving LoS for.

It sounds like you just need to get better at spriest to me.