Thread: +4 Alliance Rep

Deleted

+4 Alliance Rep

Levelling up my first Alliance character (Nelf Monk)

I have noticed the lower level dungeons (Classic) grant rep to which ever faction tabard i have equipped, for some reason that changes when I start doing the BC ones I am currently on now.

Or does it?

While in mana tombs (example) I am receiving Consortium rep and with my ironforge tabard also getting +4-6 'Alliance' (instead of just Ironforge rep) rep depending on the mob. The thing is I open up my reputation tabard and am looking at all the Alliance factions, none of them are increasing, neither are the Outland Alliance faction (Sons of arathor etc.).

Soooo My question is Where or Which Faction does the +Alliance Rep benefit cus it sure isn't Ironforge, Darnassus, Storwind etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance and Horde rep do increase all of the capital city faction reps. However, it caps at maximum friendly (one point from honored), so if all of your capital city reps are at or past that point the Alliance rep won't do anything.

There is a "hidden" faction named Alliance/Horde - that is the one you're getting rep for. Unfortunately it doesn't serve any purpose and nobody knows why it exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Alliance and Horde rep do increase all of the capital city faction reps. However, it caps at maximum friendly (one point from honored), so if all of your capital city reps are at or past that point the Alliance rep won't do anything.
    That's not entirely true. It functions as a normal rep now, and is fully capable of attaining exalted, and does in fact spillover entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    That's not entirely true. It functions as a normal rep now, and is fully capable of attaining exalted, and does in fact spillover entirely.
    Unless something changed very, very recently (because it definitely still worked the way I described the last time I leveled an alt which was...a month or two ago, I think), it doesn't work that way anymore. It did pre-Cataclysm.