Deleted

Out of curiosity

Where does MMO Champion stand on the use of the word "retarded"? Not directed at other users, but as an adjective. "That decision was retarded" etc. While I can accept that it may be hurtful, the usage appears common enough not to warrant an infraction, at least without a prior warning.

Cheers,
    Tommypilgrim

i dont see the problem?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends entirely on the context of how it was used. Not just in whether or not it's directed at someone, but also within the context of what the post might be trying to accomplish (for example, it might not be flaming a particular user, but could still be trolling, non-construction spam, offtopic, etc).

If you're speaking of a particular situation and have an objection to any moderator actions, the infracted user can contact Sunshine to discussion, or can ask a moderator to open an infraction appeal on their behalf.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    It'd be helpful if Sunshine would read her Private Messages. Given that the post wasn't any of those, would it possible for you to lodge an infraction appeal on my behalf, please? If not, will I get in trouble for using the search function to go through all posts by moderators and reporting them for using the word?

Because, regardless of how you twist and turn it, when something is retarded in the sense of an adjective, it is a personification leading back to a person with severe difficulties physically or mentally.

Doesn't it make sense? It is also offending to say something is gay, because you're stepping on other people needlessly..
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    Yes, I can understand that it may be hurtful, that's why I said so in the post. Regardless, the word is used often enough without infraction for me to want clarification.

PM any moderator and they'll help you with your infraction appeal.

Especially those in the subforum you got infracted in.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    It'd be helpful if Sunshine would read her Private Messages. Given that the post wasn't any of those, would it possible for you to lodge an infraction appeal on my behalf, please? If not, will I get in trouble for using the search function to go through all posts by moderators and reporting them for using the word?
    Yeah just send me a PM for which infraction you'd like to appeal and I'll take it to the right place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorias View Post
    Because, regardless of how you twist and turn it, when something is retarded in the sense of an adjective, it is a personification leading back to a person with severe difficulties physically or mentally.

Doesn't it make sense? It is also offending to say something is gay, because you're stepping on other people needlessly..
    The word is originally something that moves slowly, delayed/impeded. It was later applied to slow minded people so they became "retards".

Gotta love the bastardisation of the language

(flame retardant cushions for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    The word is originally something that moves slowly, delayed/impeded. It was later applied to slow minded people so they became "retards".

Gotta love the bastardisation of the language

(flame retardant cushions for example)
    Very true! BUT! We do live in modern times!
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it was the tone of the rest of your post where you just insult the coach of a soccer team several times. Non-constructive criticism is against forum rules. You can make your opinions known without the insults. *shrug* But maybe that's just me.