Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

What Races Do You Want Spotlighted Next Expansion

Exactly what it sounds like, who do you want the focus to be on next expansion? And which ones do you want to take a back seat? My personal thoughts:

Blood Elves: All hail Warchief Theron, that's right. The Horde has been shattered and someone's got to pick up the pieces again, but I think it would be a tragic waste of story potential to rebuild it exactly as it was when Thrall was in charge. The belf culture has mostly been very separate from the central Horde culture, but I think a proper merging of the two would be really interesting. Lor'themar would be struggling with Alliance relations, learning to place the needs of the entire Horde over his own people and seeking to prove himself to the gritty Orcs, Trolls and Tauren.

Tauren: I'd like to see Baine get some more focus next expansion. If the Alliance and Horde war is temporarily finished after MOP, then surely Baine's friendship with Anduin will be vital for this. I'd like to see him develop a friendship with Lor'themar as well, advising him on how to deal with the Orcs, Tauren and Trolls. In addition, with the Orcs broken and disgrace, and with the Trolls non-too-populous to begin with, it will be the Tauren who will form the centre of the Horde's trio of shamanistic, proud warrior races.

Draenei: My favourite race, I feel the Draenei have been unfairly shafted since TBC. If the burning legion is indeed the focus of next expansion, this gives them the perfect opportunity to step up into the limelight. What I'd really like though is for Blizzard to write prominent Draenei story that doesn't revolve around the Legion, but I guess there's time for that later. Again, Anduin's growing importance provides an opportunity for his mentor, Velen to get some new lore.

Worgen: You know, I'm not really a massive Worgen fan but I want them to get some new lore purely in terms of fairness. If Azshara turns out to play a role in the next xpac that gives the Night Elves major lore opportunities, which in turn provides the Worgen with new potential lore. I'd like to see Genn forming a bridge between the Humans/Dwarves/Gnomes and the rather isolationist Night Elves. I don't think Gilneas should be retaken just yet.

Pandaren: Yes, I'd like to see Pandaren given focus next xpac, more specifically the Huojin and Tushui Pandaren. Mainly I just want Blizzard to prove that they can in fact write lore for them outside of MOP. I don't want the Panda's to fall in the same problem the Draenei have fallen into, seemingly unable to appear without the Legion's involvement. I think that improving Horde and Alliance relations will be a big part of Xpac 5 so the Pandaren are a logical bridge. I want to see Ji and Asya renewing their friendship (and perhaps kindling a relationship).

As for races I want to see less of, I want to move away from the Orcs and Humans. Especially Orcs, what with a large portion of them being wiped out in SoO. Forsaken could do with a break as well after the extensive coverage in WOTLK and Cata. What about you guys?

Mickey Neilson, and maybe other CDev people, have said the Draenei will be getting some lore or something soon, I think multiple times over a while.

I'll just quote his recent one: https://mobile.twitter.com/Sh1eldbea...95185179754496
    @MickyNeilson @Loreology @ChrisMetzen Please, by the Light, I need more Draenei lore! "Broken" was a treat to read. Velen needs to do stuff.
    @Sh1eldbearerCTR @Loreology @ChrisMetzen There will be more.

Forsaken, Worgen. But mostly Forsaken.

Maybe Tauren, maybe Belf ...

Throw some Draenei in there.

Yeah ... Forsaken, Worgen, Draenei, Tauren, Belf. With some minor Pandaren subplots.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    I want more lore for night elves, forsaken, draenei and tauren, on the other hand all orcs and humans can disappear from WoW I wouldn't care, I don't hate those races but Blizzard just gives them too much focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei and Worgen are a must. And I say that as a Horde player.

If you want to do the Worgen properly, maybe we should throw some spotlight on the Forsaken as well as they've not had much story this expansion and I SOME sort of Horde content will be needed next expansion despite the complaints of where Blizzard has focused recently.

Not orcs and humans, thats for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post

If you want to do the Worgen properly, maybe we should throw some spotlight on the Forsaken as well as they've not had much story this expansion and I SOME sort of Horde content will be needed next expansion despite the complaints of where Blizzard has focused recently.
    I think that while the Alliance lore will be about standing up and forming the front line against the newest big bad, the Horde lore will be about picking up the pieces left by Garrosh, and learning to cope with keeping in the Alliance's good graces. Sylvanas could provide some good lore here as Lordaeron will probably be a big point of contention when it comes to trying to forge a piece.

Nonetheless, I want Blizzard to prove that they can write certain races outside of their usual stories. Let's have some Draenei lore without the Legion, some Worgen lore without Forsaken and some Pandaren lore without Pandaria etc. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves, no doubt

Worgen, Draenei and Gnomes.
    Signature in progress...

10+ Year Old Account
    On the Alliance side, dwarves- let's get that secret Titan knowledge you've been gathering for umpteen years going. Dwarven steam engine technology augmented by reverse engineered Titan tech. Plus have the Dark Irons bring their superior metal-crafting into the mix by creating awesome new weapons and armor. The dwarves need to give the Alliance some tasty new toys to match the new stuff the Horde have been playing with recently.

I'd also like to see the humans react to Anduin and Jaina's actions - more paladins and priests at the forefront of their race's forces, more mages using captured mogu energies to power their magic.

Horde-side - Forsaken making advances now that the yoke of Garrosh is off their necks would be groovy. Blood elves becoming a more visible force in the Horde would also be great - I love magi-tech and the blood elves got some major upgrades to their arsenal from the Thunder King in 5.2. Use that Animus for something! Having Lor'themar become warchief would open up the possibility of a lot of interesting development in the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance: Worgen, Draenei, Night Elves and Humans (bear with me here).

Worgen and Draenei just don't exist in the Alliance let alone in WoW. They really need to do something in game and it's a real shame that neither have been used yet.

Night Elves need to actually been shown acting on their own accord in a manner that doesn't make them look like idiots or peaceful druids for a change. Tyrande's involvement int he SoO is pretty good, she does nothing wrong and gets to bad mouth Vol'jin. Give us more of that cocky arrogance from Night Elves. Development Shandris who has been screaming to be used for a long time.

When I say Humans I'm referring to Kul Tiras and Stromgarde. Stromgarde really needs some development given all of the upheaval in Arathi and the peace that will ensue after the SoO giving them an opportunity to try to properly take back Stromgarde. Heck that Dwarf at Refuge Point told us Danath is apparently in the motions to come back to Arathi, so it is apparently going to happen in some fashion.
    Kul Tiras needs to appear. I find it annoying how an entire kingdom of the Alliance just hasn't appeared at all throughout the game.

Horde: Tauren and Orcs.

Tauren need to do something of their own accord that puts them in a good light. They're a race that no matter what they do always appear to be living in another races shadow - until MoP they were the Orcs best buds and since MoP they're been Vol'jin's number two guys, heck even when it involved the Cenarion Circle they are ultimately overshadowed by Night Elves.
    Baine also needs to make some decisions by himself that don't always negatively affect his people because his extreme passiveness.

Orcs need some more development simply because they need to rebuild themselves after the Alliance vs Horde Horde war has come to it's conclusion. They're damaged themselves, the Horde, Alliance and the world itself far too much for them to not seem some real development in getting themselves on their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post

I love the idea of focusing on some hot headed sub factions. While the Warchief and King try to settle things down in the wake of Garrosh, Forsaken and Worgen heat things up in the battle for Lordaeron. If only it were true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    High Elves, no doubt
    Here's some High Elf Lore for you.

They all sit in Dalaran with Jaina until she tells them to do something. Which she won't

The End.

Deleted
    Enzo Matrix! Reboot Deadly Show <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I love the idea of focusing on some hot headed sub factions. While the Warchief and King try to settle things down in the wake of Garrosh, Forsaken and Worgen heat things up in the battle for Lordaeron. If only it were true.
    That's probably the only way that story could happen. If there was a concerted Alliance move against Lordaeron it would draw in the rest of the Horde, as battered as it is, leading to another Alliance vs Horde storyline that can only end with stalemate.

They've not only done that story, they are currently doing it. They are not going to do a repeat this soon, if ever (as fun as this story has been I don't think I can tolerate my faction becoming the bad guys again).

So if the Worgen and the Forsaken are to have a story, it has to be together if it is over Gilneas and without drawing in the rest of their factions.

Goblins, Forsaken, Blood Elves and more sunwalker Tauren lore
    Gnomes, Space Goats, Worgen
    Actually anything that isnt a Human or Orc.

Anyone except Orcs, Humans, Forsaken and Blood Elves, those guys have had enough time in the limelight already previously.

I want more Taurens, Draeneis, Worgens and Goblins (can never get enough of these guys.) A little Orc development is probably still warranted too, since they need to rebuilt and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei for sure, capes and their tails need better animation. More tentacles and horn designs. Thug teeth would be decent as well.

Deleted
    Goblins and gnomes in particular. I'd love to see them expanding their war machinery; gnomes especially with salvaged Titan tech from Ulduar perhaps, and goblins too seeing the Iron Juggernaut and Blackfuse. All this would bring in the possibility of the tinker class. Moar mechas!

Worgen and draenei come close second.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs obviously.

Not kidding!

Goblins would be cool though and Forsaken, mostly because I like the undead spooky theme.