10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Cowboy fans and the network seem happy with the mediocrity so does this "injury" really matter? The networks flexed in the eagles and cowboys game just to watch Romo meltdown as usual. What does 1 playoff win since 96 and a choke artist get you?
    Guess you didn't watch the game this week then.

I think the most impressive part about this play from tonight is that Davis gets hit as he's landing and still manages to stay on his feet: http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Ca...are%3Afacebook
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-12-24 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me the logic in having the Chargers play at 4:25pm, when the rest of the AFC wildcard contenders play at 1pm? Is 10AM to early to play football in San Diego?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Fourth time Whitner has been flagged this year for hitting someone while leading with his shoulder, and hitting the guy in the chest. I guess it is time to start blowing out knees. Jesus Christ.

Fire Greg Roman, the Niners are playing the goddamn Falcons and can't score for crap right now. It worked for the Ravens, it might work for the Niners.
    Completely agreed on that. Looking at the 49er's offense I often wonder if he even does anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    For a stretch there they looked like the 2012 Falcons, with Matt Ryan making great passes and slicing up the 49ers D.
    I swear he was channeling the spirit of Joe Montana.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I'm loving how this playoff race is playing out. Neither Denver or Seattle, who are both considered the best in the divisions, have a guaranteed home field yet. The Chiefs seem to be the only team with a fixed playoff position.

Also, taking bets on when the passing TD record gets broken again.
    If Seattle loses next week, they won't be the best in their division anymore.
    Of course, if they lose to the rams at home, they deserve it. If Carolina loses and the 49ers win on top of that (which isn't the most likely outcome by any means), we'll see some more Candlestick games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Sweet zombie jesus. That is how I would want the 'Stick to go out if that has to be it. I really want the Cowboys to win now, as well as the Rams, I would kill to see the Niners play the 'Boys for the last game held in Candlestick.
    Good lord though, Navarro Bowman for DPoY.
    He had to redeem himself for missing that on side kick, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    It was awful play calling.
    You just summed up the entire season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the 49er's offense I often wonder if he even does anything?
    Yeah either Roman is calling plays the Defense easily reads, or Kap has no trust in him, because it seems like half the plays that get sent down in the huddle Kap kills at the line, and then runs something else. "Kill Kill Kill" and the play clock running down has become almost the norm.

He had to redeem himself for missing that on side kick, lol.
    That was easily the best onside kick I'd ever seen though, he actually managed to reverse direction at the last possible instant, and put the right distance on it. Soccer players are Jelly of this guy. They should have him kicking those more often.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-12-24 at 06:30 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greg Roman calls those one or two plays per game that redeem his ass in some people's eyes, the rest of the game consists of throwing on 3rd and 1, running on 3rd and 7 and so on. For a "genius playcaller" I get that feeling that even though I only ever played on the defensive side of the ball I could be a better OC than him if I actually worked on it.

One of the "quirks" of the offense that the Niners run is that Kaep has to call two - three plays in the huddle, and he kills down to one that he feels will work, he is great at it, but when you get to the LoS with sub 7 seconds on the play clock and have to kill two plays, something is wrong. I don't watch much of other teams playing, but if the Niners don't lead the league in delay of game penalties / timeout forced to avoid them, I'll eat something unpleasant.

That onside kick was fantastic, for one, it went to the wrong side of the field for the Niners' hands team, Boldin was on the other side. It had a rather crazy bounce to it, I was on the hands team for my HS football team, and I would have done exactly what Bowman did, he lined up perfectly, that was the best onside kick I have ever seen. Snelling did terrific in grabbing it as well.

On another note, I know it would slow down games, but what do you lot think about having personal foul penalties being reviewable? Whitner's hit looked perfectly legal in every sense of a hit, and against the Saints Brooks' decimation of Brees looked legal as well. Both offensive drives eventually led to scores, which would have been stopped or lessened to a field goal by the defensive player. Either that or, word the rules better, like in the NHL: if a hit is a headshot, the guy gets penalized, but if it is a shoulder to shoulder hit, and some of the opposition's head get clipped incidentally, no penalty. I am tired of referees erring on the side of caution (read, never siding with the defense) with games on the line, hell, if that Saints penalty never happened, the Niners would be beating Seattle in the division right now.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to change something. Blowing out a guys knees because hitting high risks a flag shouldn't be the direction the game is going in, but I feel it is right now. Brees was much better off getting hit up top where he did. Had he took that hit on his legs, he might not be walking right now, and there would have been no fine.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jerry Jones isn't ruling out Romo yet.

Given he played through his injury last week, I'd be inclined to believe him. But I'd rather see a statement from someone else. I admire people who are willing to play hurt, but if it gets to the point that you're not performing as well as your backup can, then there's no point in staying out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    You just summed up the entire season.
    Yeah, I wrote about it after the bucs game I think. Its pretty obvious that if we lose in the playoffs it will be because of the offense. I don't doubt the talent on offense at all... well maybe McQuistan but thats about it.

HERE WE GO, RANT TIME!

There is two major things effecting the offense right now, play calling like we said and bad blocking on the line is hurting Lynch's production. I gave Bevell the benefit of the doubt when I last wrote a rant saying maybe his play calling will get better during the end of the year or playoffs. I was kinda stupid to say that, because last years playoffs had the same issue: poor offensive starts. The peak of the Seattle offense, which I still consider the end of last season was Wilson drawing plays in the dirt. During preseason Wilson was to be given more control of the offense. I'm not seeing that much anymore, and I wonder if thats the cause of Wilson's poor performance in some games including the game last Sunday.

All my hope isn't lost, though. Something that irks me is the statement "playing down to your opponents level". 49ers play down to the Falcons level and win. Praised for it, and masks a huge mistake by Bowman with a "great play" by Bowman where a ball bounced in between his numbers. Its not just 49ers hate there either. I can think of times where Sherman was praised for his playing when really it was awful decisions by the QB making Sherman look good. Seattle "played down" to the Bucs level and got blasted for it. Seattle "played down" to the Titans level and got blasted for it. Seattle "played down" to the Texans level and got praised for it because of a stupid decision by Schaub. I mean, is this the dumbest way for journalists to justify good teams playing poorly against bad teams? Good teams shit the bed sometimes. Look at last years Ravens.

end rant.

Sounds like a roster move is incoming for Percy Harvin with Thurmond coming back from suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Given he played through his injury last week, I'd be inclined to believe him. But I'd rather see a statement from someone else. I admire people who are willing to play hurt, but if it gets to the point that you're not performing as well as your backup can, then there's no point in staying out there.
    I wouldn't want a QB playing with a herniated disk. That effects everything from throwing motion to footwork.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-12-24 at 08:39 PM.

Especially seeing they just gave him a huge contract and if he further damaged his back, he might seriously never be the same after.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh for the love of Walsh, it is Jerry Jones saying it for one. He'll do anything to get media attention, the whore. If I was the owner / gm / coach and Romo wanted to play, I would stop him myself, same thing with RGIII, I am not watching my star player possibly get even more injured. I know the importance of this game to Dallas, but I would sit Romo, as he can fight again another season right now, if he gets crushed by say, Demeco Ryans on a blindside blitz, he may never walk again, let alone play another down of football. If the Docs say don't do it, I agree with them. If Willis / Bowman / Kaep / Gore / anyone on the Niners was in the same boat as Romo, I would have the same feelings.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its stupid to let him play. Doctors for sure wont let him if it really is a herniated disk.

Then again, if he does get blown up and his football days are over, maybe Jerry Jones will take a seat finally...

meh, who am I kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah its stupid to let him play. Doctors for sure wont let him if it really is a herniated disk.

Then again, if he does get blown up and his football days are over, maybe Jerry Jones will take a seat finally...

meh, who am I kidding.
    Jerry Jones will own and operate that team until the day he dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's ok, they're thinking about hiring 41-year-old Jon Kitna, because apparently that's a better option than Orton.

The Cowboys are done, even if they somehow manage to beat the Eagles with or without Romo, they'd be the weakest team in the playoffs by far, with their crappy D, and either with a 'meh' backup QB or Romo having the speed and agility of a 95 year old lady. Back issues suck major ass, even if he toughs it out and plays the game, it's going to really, really hinder his performance and it goes without saying there are certain injuries you just don't play with and this would be one of those cases (well unless it's the Superbowl or something). Even if Romo plays and wins, he won't 'save' their season, there is no way the 'Boys would get anywhere with the team in the shape they are in, there is no reason to risk his health. But as someone else pointed out, it's probably just Jerry Jones being Jerry Jones. The Cowboys have the most talented players in the whole NFC East, it's that man being behind the reins that screws the team year in and year out, I almost kinda feel bad for the Cowboys.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-12-25 at 05:07 AM.

It's ok, they're thinking about hiring 41-year-old Jon Kitna, because apparently that's a better option than Orton.
    I think that's more of a "If Orton gets hurt" precaution since they only carried two QBs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how far he could throw a clipboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rodgers is starting for the Packers Sunday.

No idea what to make of this. He's been out for weeks, so I have no doubt he's going to need some time getting started on Sunday. He gives them the best chance to win, no doubt, but it's pretty risky still. What if he gets hurt and you lose anyway? then you've just put the future of your best player at risk for a post season run that might not end well anyway. It's not like the Packers were a runaway hit with Rodgers, they have have flaws.

Anyway, I have him on my Fantasy team, but I doubt I'll start him, unless Luck & the Colts look to be mailing it in before Sunday. I wish Rodgers and the Pack the best, but I'm not sure starting him is the best thing they can do right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Rodgers is starting for the Packers Sunday.

No idea what to make of this. He's been out for weeks, so I have no doubt he's going to need some time getting started on Sunday. He gives them the best chance to win, no doubt, but it's pretty risky still. What if he gets hurt and you lose anyway? then you've just put the future of your best player at risk for a post season run that might not end well anyway. It's not like the Packers were a runaway hit with Rodgers, they have have flaws.
    He has 9 months to recover if he gets hurts again and they lose. It's not a knee injury it will only put him out for a few months, it's not a potential carrer ending follow up injury he could get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    He has 9 months to recover if he gets hurts again and they lose. It's not a knee injury it will only put him out for a few months, it's not a potential carrer ending follow up injury he could get.
    I still have Gronk's arm troubles fresh in my mind. I don't think re-breaking it had any part in the infection trouble he had, but still, I wouldn't want to risk it with an obviously still weak collarbone in a heated match up where you KNOW the Bears will be gunning for him cause they HAVE to stop him or he'll tear them apart through the air.

Most of this is just down to not knowing just how healed Rodgers is. Maybe the fracture is healed enough and nothing apart from freak injury would break it again, but the Packers haven't released such info (or at least I doubt they would).

Tbh, I'm rooting for a good match between Bears and Packers, and a Rodgers that's in the game and stays healthy should provide the most juicy game.

Probably going to watch Ravens-Bengals early, Packers-Bears afternoon and Dallas-Philly late, skipping Pats game unless Pack-Bears turns out to be an aweful game or runaway score OR there's anything more interesting about Bills-Pats than I now anticipate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rodgers has been taking backup reps in practice even while hurt. I'm not gonna doubt his "healthiness". It was a fracture, not a break. Collar bones are easy to break and heal pretty quickly.

Now Romo, I feel like if they make him play its a terrible mistake.