Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    regardless of the fact that he had some pretty epic receivers helping him along the way.
    Denver had to have set a record for YAC this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I guess I didn'y call it. I would have wanted Lovie as HC.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Josh McDaniels coaching the Browns would be amazing. The coach who drove out Cutler and drafted Tebow taking over a team with a history of quarterback problems. Only thing better would be Whisenhunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hearing Lovie Smith is in talks with the Lions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Denver had to have set a record for YAC this season.
    Why not? They set every other record in passing this year. Now I have to look this up.

This is the closest I could find, YAC for each player rankings. Demarius Thomas is number 2 at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I'm hearing Lovie Smith is in talks with the Lions.
    Wouldn't that just be a big giant fuck you to Chicago. I mean, I don't know how he left there, but ending up in the same division would just be funny. And Detroit has a pretty solid team.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-01-01 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wouldn't that just be a big giant fuck you to Chicago. I mean, I don't know how he left there, but ending up in the same division would just be funny. And Detroit has a pretty solid team.
    He was fired after they blew it not getting to the playoffs last year.

Bill O'Brian to leave Penn State for the Texans HC job.
    I don't fault him for wanting to leave college to be an NFL HC, but I do fault him for preaching "commitment" and all that garbage the last year and a half. THIS will hurt Penn State's football program worse than the initial sanctions did. They have no credibility left as a program.

He was fired after they blew it not getting to the playoffs last year.
    Even if they made it, I feel he still shouldve gotten fired. Sad fact was he was in chicago 7-8 years or whatever and the highest ranked offense they had was 15th. So our best year was living in mediocrity. Change the coach and what do you know, now the offense is 5th in scoring and 8th in yards.

- - - Updated - - -

I just read the mother of the KC player that shot his girlfriend and then himself is now suing the Chiefs for a wrongful death of the player. Apparently when someone kills someone else and then themselves it is not their fault and that of their employers. The Chiefs should have done a better job in training their players how not to shoot guns at people, why murder is bad, and given motivational speeches on the value of life. For shame Kansas City Chiefs. For shame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Even if they made it, I feel he still shouldve gotten fired. Sad fact was he was in chicago 7-8 years or whatever and the highest ranked offense they had was 15th. So our best year was living in mediocrity. Change the coach and what do you know, now the offense is 5th in scoring and 8th in yards.
    and their defense went from 5th in yards/3rd in scoring to 30th in both

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    and their defense went from 5th in yards/3rd in scoring to 30th in both
    Yea thats why you dont hire the D-Coord from Jacksonville to run that side of the ball. I was always curious if instead of firing Lovie they could have simply demoted him, my guess is egos get too large for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea thats why you dont hire the D-Coord from Jacksonville to run that side of the ball. I was always curious if instead of firing Lovie they could have simply demoted him, my guess is egos get too large for that.
    That and it would cause too much of a power struggle for the new coach. Imagine if the old coach disliked certain things the new one was implementing, suddenly the players loyal to the old coach get snide or derisive and bad mouth that stuff, it causes a divide in the locker room, every hiccup becomes a bigger deal than it would have otherwise.

Similarly I don't think Trestman would have went over just to be an OC, even if that mixed with Lovie's defense could've made them Super Bowl quality.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Name 5 NFL head coaches in the last 25 years that were demoted from their HC job.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashley Fox for ESPN... Good lord, I already knew she was horrible, but wanting BB for CotY? Took a 12-4 team to go 12-4. I know that there were a lot of injuries on the team, but that schedule that they played would have had a team like the Rams at at least 12-4 as well. Tom Brady is clutch, he is one of the best QBs in NFL history, and due to him, they scraped out wins against the Browns, Bills, Dolphins, and Texans. BB is a fantastic coach, yes. I would not award him CotY for this season over Reid or Kelly though.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

I wouldn't even give it to Reid - perfect storm of easy schedule and a team that was already going to be better no matter what. They can't beat good teams, so that's kind of an issue for me. I realize going from 2 to 11 wins is hugely impressive, but at the same time, given the circumstances, it's really not. I would say Kelly definitely showed that he can coach at this level, and adapted mid-season when things were obviously not going as planned. I would actually nominate Arians before either Kelly or Reid, though - interested to see if they can take it to the next level next year and make the West somehow even more competitive and crazy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bruce should take the award again.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd nominate Riverboat Ron. Panthers went from fumbling joke to serious contender this season, while not changing as much as other teams who turned around did.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early draft info. Teddy Bridgewater has decided to enter the draft. he's expected to go number one overall, or at least being talked about it. I'm not so sure, but I haven't seen him play much. Louisville's not really a high-profile school, and being in the conference they're in this year hurts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think we should wait until we start giving out rewards, do people just have nothing else to talk about?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I just read the mother of the KC player that shot his girlfriend and then himself is now suing the Chiefs for a wrongful death of the player. Apparently when someone kills someone else and then themselves it is not their fault and that of their employers. The Chiefs should have done a better job in training their players how not to shoot guns at people, why murder is bad, and given motivational speeches on the value of life. For shame Kansas City Chiefs. For shame
    Wow. Thats all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think we should wait until we start giving out rewards, do people just have nothing else to talk about?
    Nothing else to talk about.

It can go so many ways. I think Bruce Arians should win it though. Dead O-line, Carson Palmer as QB, tough division, still manages to have a winning season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rivera got the division title with a team thought to be the 3rd or 4th best in that division. I figured they would make the playoffs this year but I didn't figure on 12 wins, they really made great strides this year and I think he's the most deserving.