The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Seattle's defense scored 9. Denver's offense scored 8. Think about that.

Russell Wilson could have been replaced by me and the Hawks might have won.
    I think you would have scored 50 points.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, basically Manning played like Manning. Seahawks were there to stomp on his mistakes. NP.
    I guess if that Manning he played like was Eli Manning of the 2013 Giants.

Oh and thinking of Eli I wonder if he was wearing both rings when he went to see Payton after the game.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    So the int that set up Lynch's td was just a "set back" correct? That's 2 td's he pretty much gave to SEA, but we just skim over that fact. Funny how bad defense seems to follow Manning.
    I'd like to remind you that Denver had TWENTY SEVEN rushing yards. What do you think happens when the best defense stifles half the offensive attack? The other team gets one-dimensional, and easy to beat.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'd like to remind you that Denver had TWENTY SEVEN rushing yards. What do you think happens when the best defense stifles half the offensive attack? The other team gets one-dimensional, and easy to beat.
    Very true, but how did it come to that? I'll use a previous poster's stats.

Den-Safety 2-0 Seattle
    Sea-FG on a short field from free-kick 5-0 Seattle
    Den-Punt
    Sea-FG 8-0 Seattle
    Den-INT
    Sea-TD on short field 15-0 Seattle
    Den-Pick 6 22-0 Seattle

That's a ginormous 8-ball to put your team behind. The D gave up 8 points before #18 decided to play for SEA.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Personally, if I was running the Seahawks I would make the absolute priority keeping the defense together. If that means letting Wilson walk then so be it. In that system, with that RB and Defense you do not need a QB who can throw for 5000 yards. Bluntly stated, I don't think Wilson is good enough to win games on his own - but I do think that defense is good enough to win games on their own, which is why they should take priority.

He seems like a very intelligent, winning first type of guy though. Maybe he'll take a team friendly 12-14ish type of deal.
    All I can say about that is THANK GOD JS and PC are in charge of personnel and not someone else. LOL
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Personally, if I was running the Seahawks I would make the absolute priority keeping the defense together. If that means letting Wilson walk then so be it. In that system, with that RB and Defense you do not need a QB who can throw for 5000 yards. Bluntly stated, I don't think Wilson is good enough to win games on his own - but I do think that defense is good enough to win games on their own, which is why they should take priority.

He seems like a very intelligent, winning first type of guy though. Maybe he'll take a team friendly 12-14ish type of deal.
    Backs have a short shelf life. Lynch will turn 30 in 2016. That's usually when the wheels start to fall off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Backs have a short shelf life. Lynch will turn 30 in 2016. That's usually when the wheels start to fall off.
    Frank Gore played pretty well for being 30 this year. Maybe advancements in training, diet, and technique will improve longevity.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    All I can say about that is THANK GOD JS and PC are in charge of personnel and not someone else. LOL
    Usually when you disagree with someone you give reasons why. You would rather keep Wilson and let the likes of Thomas, Sherman, and Bennett walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    They didn't stifle Denver's running game. By the time Denver attempted their 3rd running play, they were down 15-0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually when you disagree with someone you give reasons why. You would rather keep Wilson and let the likes of Thomas, Sherman, and Bennett walk?
    Nope, not at all. Fairly confident in how they have worked together since joining up and feel not only have they done a pretty good job of finding "the next guy up" but also late round pics that don't turn out so bad. Along with the fact if you do not think they are smart enuff to keep ET, Sherman, Wilson and Lynch as the posted had said i really do not know what i could say to you.....

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Nope, not at all. Fairly confident in how they have worked together since joining up and feel not only have they done a pretty good job of finding "the next guy up" or late round pics that don't turn out so bad. Along with the fact if you do not think they are smart enuff to keep ET, Sherman, Wilson and Lynch as the posted had said i really do not know what i could say to you.....

The Seahawks have the 2nd highest payroll in all of football, and that's with Sherman/Wilson/Smith/Wright all making 500k... And Thomas made only 2M. It's not matter of being smart enough, it simply isnt possible to pay those guys what they are worth and stay under the cap.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/se...attle-seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Frank Gore played pretty well for being 30 this year. Maybe advancements in training, diet, and technique will improve longevity.
    There are exceptions, but they're rare. And Gore's season was good, but not as good as most of his other seasons.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2014-02-03 at 05:23 AM.

I don’t believe it’s something they have to worry about for another year or two anyway. he is making pennies compared to his worth and I would not be surprised to see an olive branch given out to him by the team in a restructure, however i am not sure on all the CBA rules. at the beginning of 2013 Russell Wilson was making less than 1mil a game (4years, 3m, drafted in 2011) as for running backs, good ones are a dime a dozen, great ones are rarer but not hard to find when you have good talent evaluators.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I think you would have scored 50 points.
    You have more faith in me than anyone I have been in a relationship with. Hastag Bittersweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Gore looked slower this year, maybe it was the fact that SF didn't have a passing game for a decent chunk of the season but he didn't look great. He was a solid running back but not an amazing one. I think the 49ers probably pick someone up in the draft this year, maybe 3rd round as a back of the future because I don't think Gore has that many years left in him.

Thomas definitely, he is essential to the Seahawk's defensive scheme, there aren't many other FS in the league who could play his role in the mutated Cover-3 the Seahawks run. Sherman, probably, assuming the ankle injury isn't too bad having a shutdown corner that teams have to sacrifice a reciever to is very valuable. Bennett, not so much. Bennett had a great year but he is much more replaceable nor is he essential to the Seahawk's scheme, you could slot a lot of defensive linemen in there and be alright. It probably wouldn't be as good as this defense but it would still probably be a top 5 defense.

The Seahawks built the team they had by smart drafting and free agent signing, there are a couple players that are essential to the team, Thomas, Lynch, possibly Sherman but beyond that I think the Seahawk's true strength is in team building not necessarily any one group of players.
    Last edited by fierydemise; 2014-02-03 at 05:26 AM.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at all the turnover on the Baltimore roster after they had to pay Flacco his 20M a year. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The Seahawks have the 2nd highest payroll in all of football, and that's with Sherman/Wilson/Smith/Wright all making 500k... And Thomas made only 2M. It's not matter of being smart enough, it simply isnt possible to pay those guys what they are worth and stay under the cap.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/se...attle-seahawks
    Yeah. Seahawks are losing 18 free agents and STILL only have about $8 million in cap space.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    Gore looked slower this year, maybe it was the fact that SF didn't have a passing game for a decent chunk of the season but he didn't look great. He was a solid running back but not an amazing one. I think the 49ers probably pick someone up in the draft this year, maybe 3rd round as a back of the future because I don't think Gore has that many years left in him.
    They're going to wait to do that until they see what they're going to get out of Lattimore. They didn't draft him and let him sit on IR all year just to replace him. He's supposed to be ready for this upcoming season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post

Thomas definitely, he is essential to the Seahawk's defensive scheme, there aren't many other FS in the league who could play his role in the mutated Cover-3 the Seahawks run. Sherman, probably, assuming the ankle injury isn't too bad having a shutdown corner that teams have to sacrifice a reciever to is very valuable. Bennett, not so much. Bennett had a great year but he is much more replaceable nor is he essential to the Seahawk's scheme, you could slot a lot of defensive
    linemen in there and be alright. It probably wouldn't be as good as this defense but it would still probably be a top 5 defense.
    Gore is also behind an insanely good O line.

You are right about Earl, but with Kam as well. Seattle could plug in their 3rd and 4th string corners and still dominate with those two. Sherman's injury is a high ankle sprain, so he'll be fine.

I dunno why people are digging into Seattle's salary cap already. They have a lot of good cheap players, but have a lot of aging expensive players. Things will be fine.

I highly doubt Wilson is gonna be negotiating for a contract like Flacco's, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't grab a pretty hefty contract extension. Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor are the three best players on that defense - all three will be worth big contracts.

Who fills in the gaps? Not the superbowl-winning team who all want to get paid what they're worth. Can the front office replicate what they've done, by picking up folks in later rounds? Maybe, maybe not.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL @ Ravens/Hawks comparison. How is that even close? Not only aging team with key players at end of career but depth and philosophy are totally difrent. But w/e think I would rather go hoist another celebratory drink than get drug into something like this tonight LOL