10+ Year Old Account
    Well Incognito now looks like a gigantic idiot with his tweets right before that report was released. Not sure if he was dropped on his head a lot, or what. But the report done pretty much ends any debate in defending Incognito.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,5683130.story

I don't believe Philbin's statements in saying he was oblivious to the whole thing, unless hes blind and deaf. I have always believed the coach and upper management create the attitude in the locker room, not the players. Because if the players try to do it in a negative way its taken care of by upper management before it becomes an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right about the management being a major contributor in stopping issues. That is why teams like New England, Seattle, San Francisco, St. Louis, and others with established locker rooms / head coaches can pick up "troubled" players in drafts and turn them into good players. Take Janoris Jenkins on the Rams for example, he kid got booted from Florida, got picked up by the Rams, and is now one of the better DB's in the NFCW in my opinion (not the best mind you). When guys like Fisher, Harbaugh, Carrol, and Belichek (sp?) get their mitts on players, they can bring out hte best in them, and it also helps when you have a close locker room like in Seattle and San Francisco.

I am curious to see what happens in the aftermath of this. Will Martin go back to the 'Fins? Will Incognito play again? I certainly hope not to the latter, the guy was a tool even before this came out.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    You're right about the management being a major contributor in stopping issues. That is why teams like New England, Seattle, San Francisco, St. Louis, and others with established locker rooms / head coaches can pick up "troubled" players in drafts and turn them into good players. Take Janoris Jenkins on the Rams for example, he kid got booted from Florida, got picked up by the Rams, and is now one of the better DB's in the NFCW in my opinion (not the best mind you). When guys like Fisher, Harbaugh, Carrol, and Belichek (sp?) get their mitts on players, they can bring out hte best in them, and it also helps when you have a close locker room like in Seattle and San Francisco.

I am curious to see what happens in the aftermath of this. Will Martin go back to the 'Fins? Will Incognito play again? I certainly hope not to the latter, the guy was a tool even before this came out.
    Exactly.

I don't think Martin will go back to that locker room. Probably another though. Incognito will never play again. I just find it kinda sick that there was this NFL.com article right at the start of the season about Incognito basically becoming a clean player. I think it was after some guy swung his helmet at him in preseason. Meanwhile all this was going on behind the curtains. It doesn't matter if Incognito feels like he was "playing around". I'm sure lots of bullies feel like they are "playing around" when they bully. Thats just a nice way of saying you're inconsiderate for others feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, just read the article on that Martin report. That is one crushing story for Icognito, but even more so the Dolphins. They look like a complete failure of a team and coaching staff with this.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins decide to axe a few people on the coaching staff after this, especially that O-line coach. If Philbin makes it through this with his job intact it would be pretty shameful too, in my opinion, but I have low tolerance for this kind of thing anyway, dating back to my own working days. I feel if you are in charge that things that happen under you are your responsibility, and you should be held responsible. Saying "I didn't know" is a TERRIBLE excuse.

The fact Pouncey is involved too is disturbing. He's a young guy, good player, but he's allready had that stupid action with the Hernandez caps last year. This just makes him look like another clueless git. I'd allready said I hoped Incognito wouldn't play for the Pats ever, but I'll make that "I hope he plays for no team ever again". The guy is not someone you want to see in the NFL, with his complete inability to even see that what he's done is wrong in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I also read something that said that Incognito claimed Martin labeled "player a" as "loose booty".

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, or you know, just trying to be himself in a staunchly heterosexually orientated work environment, which in the freaking year 2014 has yet to have an active openly gay person in it, despite being around for close to a 100 years in various forms.

This is not about attention, this is just a guy that's decided that he's not going to hide who he is for the sake of keeping a status quo in tact that should have been broken many MANY years ago.
    It actually is about the attention. If someone asked him about it and he admitted to being gay, then that's one thing. He let the worldd know by addressing the media; doing ANYTHING through the media is begging for attention, no matter the reason. And for the record, I hope he does well in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    also I think Darren Sharper has a fetish for unconscious women or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    also I think Darren Sharper has a fetish for unconscious women or something
    Yeah, that's 2 bombshell revelations on 1 day. We knew trouble was brewing in both cases, but the details make you recoil.

I remember watching Sharper, and loving what he was doing for the Saints in their Superbowl run. He was such a presence for the Saints that season, and look at him now. Makes you feel disgusted you ever cheered for the guy.

You are a professional athlete with millions of dollars. And you cant get pussy without the girls being drugged? Really Darren?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    You are a professional athlete with millions of dollars. And you cant get pussy without the girls being drugged? Really Darren?
    They stop hearing no around age 16.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, apparently Goodell made a whopping $44.2 million in 2012. I know the league is doing well, but really? That seems like such a HUGE amount to pay someone to be (in my eyes) mostly a yes-man to the owners.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, apparently Goodell made a whopping $44.2 million in 2012. I know the league is doing well, but really? That seems like such a HUGE amount to pay someone to be (in my eyes) mostly a yes-man to the owners.
    Owners don't give away millions unless they are getting billions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not NFL, but apparently a big deal. Woman plays running back for a team.

36 years old, and 130 pounds. That might be why she failed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Not to diminish the fact, but Indoor, is that like Arena Football? Cause that's a stretch to call it football tbh. I've watched 1 full Arena match once, and saw glimpses of a few more but that's not really even close to anything I'd call a serious professional sport.

Regular football (or soccer) has a similar indoor thing with weird rules and game play, and that's similarly not taken very seriously outside a few places where it's latched on as a fringe sport. People sometimes get paid to play it, but it's VERY pale in comparison. Ivé always viewed Arena football as a similar activity. Not sure if that's how it's viewed in the US or not.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The team that drafts him will do it because they like what they see on tape, they like his measurables, and he fits their system, I really don't think that team will get any special credit for progressiveness and they will deny caring about his sexuality at all, they're using the draft to improve their football team, and any player they draft is toward that end.

The team isn't going to be the "gay team" (unless the 49ers take him :P) so I don't see it being a big deal.

As for Vetali thinking nobody will draft him, he projects as a situational pass-rusher special teams player and those guys have good utility. He was SEC Defensive Player of the Year, so you'd think somebody would want to see if that translates to NFL success, of course there is still the combine to come, but to say he won't be drafted seems silly to me, everybody who ever won that award was drafted.
    I don't think a team will care whether or not they would be labeled "progressive" or whatever. I think they will care about a constant media circus that will inevitably follow Michael Sams in and out of the locker room. A team will also have to be willing to be under constant scrutiny on how they deal with him, how they treat him, how the team and the coaches treat him, etc... And if, as you say, situational pass rusher/special teams guy, then what happens when the team decides to go another direction? And that they have to cut him or trade him? The outrage that could follow might not be worth it.

It's also one thing to come out in college where everyone is pretty much okay with it these days, especially when you are the star athlete on the team, and a completely other thing to come out on national television and make it an issue before you've even played a snap in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to diminish the fact, but Indoor, is that like Arena Football? Cause that's a stretch to call it football tbh. I've watched 1 full Arena match once, and saw glimpses of a few more but that's not really even close to anything I'd call a serious professional sport.

Regular football (or soccer) has a similar indoor thing with weird rules and game play, and that's similarly not taken very seriously outside a few places where it's latched on as a fringe sport. People sometimes get paid to play it, but it's VERY pale in comparison. Ivé always viewed Arena football as a similar activity. Not sure if that's how it's viewed in the US or not.
    I've never heard of it, if that helps. It seems to be different than Arena Football though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So CBS canned Shannon Sharpe andDan Marino on the CBS version of NFL Today and halftime crew. They are being replaced by Tony Gonzalez. I approve of the Gonzo hiring, especially over Sharpe, but I did like some of Marino's insight. I do think that Gonzo will be better than the duo however.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ray Rice should put more effort on the field.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_c5nk3w3n/

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

dude i died laughing watching her get hit. that should be exhibit A why women dont belong on a football field

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    dude i died laughing watching her get hit. that should be exhibit A why women dont belong on a football field
    Ahh, but she got right back up and started talkin shit lol