10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimyst View Post
    Thoughts on the Chiefs this year? It seems unlikely they will win the division given the Broncos domination thus far, but a wild card spot seems likely.

I have to say, I worry about the Raiders this weekend. Seems like it could be a trap game (even though it's at arrowhead). Pryor isn't bad and these rivalry games always get messy.
    I think they have an easy wildcard spot as long as injuries don't hurt them. The Chiefs are good, and were good last year (player skill wise), just needed that last key ingredient of a good coach which Andy Reid is giving them.

Also, just got news on the AD thing in South Dakota, such a horrible thing. I really hope he gets through this okay, and gets the time he needs to deal with anything that happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts on the Chiefs this year? It seems unlikely they will win the division given the Broncos domination thus far, but a wild card spot seems likely.
    Houston seems doomed, Miami looks like they might be a year away, the Ravens are inconsistent and floundering on offense, the AFC wild card looks pretty wide open, have to see the Chiefs as the current favorites and then one of those other teams will cobble together a decent enough season or the Titans/Jets sneak in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Adrian Peterson's son has passed away from his injuries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Damn thats a terrible thing to happen to someone, reminds you how many shitheads there are around in this world, hope AP takes some time to decide about the weekends game and see what he wants to do

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    That's terrible. I know it happens all the time but it's hard for me to believe people actually abuse children, how much of a low-life do you have to be. What a piece of shit that guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    That's terrible. I know it happens all the time but it's hard for me to believe people actually abuse children, how much of a low-life do you have to be. What a piece of shit that guy is.
    He apparently 'spanked' a 3 year old so hard, they had to put ice cubes on his butt because of the huge welts that formed.

On a side note, Peterson has to be the Keanu Reeves of the NFL. When he's 7 he watches his 9 year old brother get run over by a drunk driver, one day before his combine his half-brother is murder, and now this this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peterson's son is a tragedy, and I think we can all agree it's something terrible to happen to anyone, regardless of profession. I hope he can find the strength to deal with this in the midst of the season, at a time the Vikings are pretty much down to him to make something of the season.

I have to say, I worry about the Raiders this weekend. Seems like it could be a trap game (even though it's at arrowhead). Pryor isn't bad and these rivalry games always get messy.
    I read an interesting factoid the other day that the AFC West over the past few years has actually been more succesful against their division rivals on the road then at home. They're a combined 36-26 on the road for the Division.

So yeah, I'd worry too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just heard of AP's son. That is so freaking sad, not even sure I want to watch the game without him tomorrow.
    AP seem so nice he did not deserve this nor does anyone but this just suck
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-10-12 at 10:29 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Just heard of AP's son. That is so freaking sad, not even sure I want to watch the game without him tomorrow.
    He's playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just read on AP's son here, news like that doesn't really travel fast here but that's sickening. Respect if he manages to lace up and go out there tomorrow, many people wouldn't be able to.

I normally look forward to Oakland's yearly trip to Arrowhead, but the Chiefs are in form this season. Not entirely sure the Raiders running game is fit and effective enough to take the heat off Pryor throwing to an inconsistent receiver line, it'll be a good game, but I'm not expecting a win at all.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he'll pull a Brett Favre and have his best game ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Maybe he can take out some frustration.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

man, there are some baaaaaaaaaaaad games this weekend. Only Packers/Ravens really interests me early, and ofc Saints/Pats late

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    man, there are some baaaaaaaaaaaad games this weekend. Only Packers/Ravens really interests me early, and ofc Saints/Pats late
    Washington/Dallas interests me of course, but yeah. And the worst ones are the early games, the only one I'll get to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Yeah, the more an more I see break downs and stats the more and more I think the Titans can beat the Seahawks. We're absolutely awful on offense. Probably worse this year than last year at this time. Marshawn Lynch is questionable for the first time ever iirc. Some are saying is a prelude to a suspension... or just hurt, Wagner will be out this week. Russell overthrowing and missing open receivers a lot...

But least we have Unger back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably watch GB - Ravens, since that's the lone good looking (on paper) game this week, apart from Saints - Pats (which I'll obviously watch regardless of standings). Good thing there's a slow week, cause I've been VERY preoccupied with other things this week, and I could use my time tomorrow to do other things as well. Might skip on the rest of GB - Ravens if it's not a good match early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'll probably watch GB - Ravens, since that's the lone good looking (on paper) game this week, apart from Saints - Pats (which I'll obviously watch regardless of standings). Good thing there's a slow week, cause I've been VERY preoccupied with other things this week, and I could use my time tomorrow to do other things as well. Might skip on the rest of GB - Ravens if it's not a good match early on.
    Yeah, I've got like... studying to do.

AM games are usually fun with Red Zone though. Sucks when we play early games because I miss that stuff. Late games are usually boring with 2-3 games going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just have Red Zone on all day long, then watch SNF unless I go out. Even when my Niners are playing I usually get stuck on Red Zone as Ill turn to it on a Commercial and forget to go back. No commercials cant be beat.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yeah I just have Red Zone on all day long, then watch SNF unless I go out. Even when my Niners are playing I usually get stuck on Red Zone as Ill turn to it on a Commercial and forget to go back. No commercials cant be beat.
    I do that ALL the time when the Seahawks are playing, lol. Now I'm good at it though. I look at the clock on my phone and when 2 minutes pass I change it back.

Sooo sounds like Gronk will be out this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they need to make a Red Zone 2 channel that puts the local market game on and switches to RZ during Commercials.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.