Deleted
    Bleh Den-KC and NE-Car are both late games this week

10+ Year Old Account
    But both worth staying up for.

A 6 game winning streak with the last 2 being SF then NE, yeah that will get Panthers moved up the rankings.

And if KC can stay perfect against the Broncos... Andy Reid gets coach of the year, Jamal Charles gets MVP, and they get #1 on the rankings.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    But both worth staying up for.

A 6 game winning streak with the last 2 being SF then NE, yeah that will get Panthers moved up the rankings.

And if KC can stay perfect against the Broncos... Andy Reid gets coach of the year, Jamal Charles gets MVP, and they get #1 on the rankings.
    I think Reid gets it regardless. Ballots go in before playoffs so even if the Broncos make the super bowl with John Fox returning it wont count.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I think Reid gets it regardless. Ballots go in before playoffs so even if the Broncos make the super bowl with John Fox returning it wont count.
    Is coach league specific? Because Chip's got a shot in the NFC, especially if they finish 10-6 or (however unlikely) 11-5

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking a 2-14 team, grabbing a QB that was just made a back up, drafting well, then managing to go 9-0 is just so far beyond what Chip has or will manage to do this season, and there are still 7 weeks left. Have the Eagles even won a home game?

Just think of the fan base in KC, after that season last year, one of the guys even died, then seeing win after win after win after win, and Andy Reid is the guy that put that together.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-11-14 at 03:04 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Taking a 2-14 team, grabbing a QB that was just made a back up, drafting well, then managing to go 9-0 is just so far beyond what Chip has or will manage to do this season, and there are still 7 weeks left. Have the Eagles even won a home game?

Just think of the fan base in KC, after that season last year, one of the guys even died, then seeing win after win after win after win, and Andy Reid is the guy that put that together.
    I said if the award were league specific. He's by far the most deserving NFC coach.

Also, looking forward for the time the honeymoon period ends and he forgets who Jamaal Charles is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Yep, two best games right there. I'm a little nervous about the Panthers now, had them pinned as a free win earlier in the season, but now...well, we'll see, but I expect a very tough game for the Pats, I'd feel pretty good if our defense was in healthy...but yeah, it's not. SF and the Saints should be a good matchup, too. Nice, that's six of the best teams right now playing against each other, that makes this a good week right there.

Deleted
    Also all the 7pm (1pm est) games suck! At least 49ers-Saints is on at 10:30pm, that's always something.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I said if the award were league specific. He's by far the most deserving NFC coach.

Also, looking forward for the time the honeymoon period ends and he forgets who Jamaal Charles is.
    I remember the pass happy eagles featuring HoF talent like Charles Johnson and Freddie Mitchell. I recall their back field not being that great with Duce Staley, Brian Westbrook, and Buckhalter. Big Red had to chuck the ball around since McNabb had great receivers and pin point accuracy.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I remember the pass happy eagles featuring HoF talent like Charles Johnson and Freddie Mitchell. I recall their back field not being that great with Duce Staley, Brian Westbrook, and Buckhalter. Big Red had to chuck the ball around since McNabb had great receivers and pin point accuracy.
    You see, I remember those days as a few years of excellent receivers then complete and utter shit. I also remember Brian Westbrook being considered a fringe HoF candidate for the better part of his career. I also remember McNabb having a cannon for an arm, but the ability to throw the ball just low enough on every pass that it should have been caught, but wasn't the prettiest pass in the world. I also remember him having that incredible TD/INT ratio simply because he never overthrew guys and, even if a defender jumped a route, it was to fast to pick off.

I also remember every run play look like a delayed handoff, where McNabb held the ball like he was dropping back, then handed it off. We'd all assumed it was one of McNabb's things, but then VICK did it when Reid was coach, so it's obviously by design.

Face the facts. Andy Reid is not a top head coach. He's having a great year. He had great years with the Eagles. We loved him then, but his shit got old. He can't challenge to save his life, his timeout managment is abysmal and he favors passing the ball whenever humanly possible. Did you know his offense to this point has run 255 running plays to 341 pass plays? That's actually a reasonable number for him, but imagine if he wasn't afraid fantasy owners would actually hunt him down if he didn't run Jamaal Charles. He didn't run with Shady McCoy and look at him this year.

14th in PPG, 24th in YPG. Andy Reid is an offensive coach. They have improved points wise, but they've been putting up the same yardage as last year.

And saying their defense wasn't at least average last year sells them short. Of course they were going to improve with the moves they made this offseason. He's also faced a fairly cupcake schedule so far. There is not a team they have beaten over .500.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-11-14 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    these are reasons why they wait until the end of the season to give awards

the two Broncos/Chiefs matchups in the next 3 weeks will be exciting and tell us a lot about that division, I'm looking forward to them

Payton deserves some Coach of the Year mention too, look how the Saints have turned around upon his return, they have as many wins as last year with 7 left to play, they're right back to where they were the previous 3 seasons under him when they went 13-3, 11-5, and 13-3.

Both the Chiefs and Saints had anomalous bad seasons and have returned to form this year, of course the Chiefs have wildly exceeded even the most optimistic projections so far.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    the previous implication was that going 4-12 was wise
    Obviously not since they keep losing. Heck, even this year they are already 3-6. Although, from the little bit I have read some of their issues have been off the field with ownership, coaches, and players doing bad things. However, you would think they would have been first in line to get some good college players to help rebuild the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Obviously not since they keep losing. Heck, even this year they are already 3-6. Although, from the little bit I have read some of their issues have been off the field with ownership, coaches, and players doing bad things. However, you would think they would have been first in line to get some good college players to help rebuild the team.
    Yeah as revered as Al Davis is, he royally screwed the Raiders with bad cap management and poor drafting. This year the Raiders are definitely overachieving as some thought them to be in the Clowney/Bridgewater race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Obviously not since they keep losing.
    you seem to have missed the entire point of my post since you are repeating that point back at me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I think I'll try split screen for that one. Should be a fun new experience.

Nevermind, they don't play the same day. >.<

So, if the Eagles go into the playoffs on an 8 game win streak (don't lose anymore games), they'll be 11-5 and likely have a home game. This is unrealistic of course, because they'll have to win home games in the first place, but hypothetical situation here.

So, if they finish 11-5, how much of a chance do you guys give them?

fyi I'm kinda rooting for them to finish 1-7 at home and 7-1 on the road, win the WC game and get Seattle in the divisional round. Best road team vs best home team.

To finish the season:
    Redskins
    Bye
    Cardinals
    Lions
    @Vikings
    Bears
    @Cowboys

I see wins against the Skins, Vikings and Cowboys as better than 50/50 for the Eagles, Cardinals and Bears as 50/50s and Lions as "We'd need a miracle to win this game"
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-11-14 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I think this post was sarcasm overload

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I think this post was sarcasm overload
    The WRs were before my time, so I can't say, but there are people who actually think Staley and Westbrook weren't good and that McNabb was crazy accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lions as "We'd need a miracle to win this game"
    Or Stafford to stop channeling Brady and go back to channeling Romo.

Fitzpatrick has that crazy hobo look tonight. Guess he's prepping for next season.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-11-15 at 01:12 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the Colts run defense has shown over the last 15+ years that they suck ass.
    You cared enough to post.