Page 1 of 205
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

2013-14 NFL thread

Decided to make a new NFL post since the other one is getting long in the tooth! You can find the old thread here.

Thursday was the start of the NFL season and we saw a crazy game between Payton Manning's Broncos and Joe Flaco's Ravens. This Sunday should be a great week of football with the Seachickens vs Panthers, Bengals vs Bears, Falcons vs Saints, GB vs 49'ers, Dallas vs Giants, and Eagles vs Redskins. I know there are are other games but I think those games will be the ones that sets the tone this year.

Predictions for the season

Dallas wins the NFC east
    Bears win the NFC north
    Falcons win the NFC south
    49ers win the NFC West

Pats win the AFC east
    Bengals win the AFC north
    Houston wins the AFC south
    Denver wins the AFC West

NFC is so stacked It was a lot harder to pick the division winners esp since you got Seachickens, Redskins, Bears, Saints, and Giants. I think the East is by far the most solid division just because the west has the Rams and Cards.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2013-09-07 at 11:31 PM.

I'm really looking forward to that Saints-Falcons game. It's definitely going to be a good one.

But, you see Dallas winning NFC East? I'd have to give it to the Redskins even though I don't care much for either team there. The Cowboys still are incredibly overrated, they have an alright defense but their offense needs a lot of work. I personally feel that they made a huge mistake firing Rob Ryan and was definitely a great fit for the Saints so it worked out in the end

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting so I can see this thing in my feed.

Leon Washington went back to the Pats. Gut tells me the Pats let him go, then the Jets tried to get him so they scooped him up again.

I never heard the term "long in the tooth" before.

Someone post a link to the old thread in case we ever need to reference there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I have been seen saying that the Rams are no joke now either, FIsher turned that team around. I am calling them to either get the 2nd WC or come really close to it this year, as the NFCW is playing the NFCS and AFCS, both teams have some terrible bottom feeders.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Someone post a link to the old thread in case we ever need to reference there.
    Done

Personally I prefer season by season threads, as you can see in the Association Football topics, but I wasn't going to close the NFL one till it actually started to cause performance lag. Takes a couple more hundred pages for that.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Done

Personally I prefer season by season threads, as you can see in the Association Football topics, but I wasn't going to close the NFL one till it actually started to cause performance lag. Takes a couple more hundred pages for that.
    Yeah thats why I was saying it wouldn't be an issue throughout the season. But not a huge deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    First page, woohoo!

I agree on the Leon Washington thing, Vetali, I think they looked at what was out there, saw the guy almost end up on the Jets and were like "HELL NO" and signed him again.

I haven't really paid attention to NFL at all; how are the Packers looking? They're the team I root for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomaty View Post
    The Cowboys still are incredibly overrated, they have an alright defense but their offense needs a lot of work. I personally feel that they made a huge mistake firing Rob Ryan and was definitely a great fit for the Saints so it worked out in the end
    Their offense has largely carried the team in recent years... If the line holds up at all, it will be one of the better O's in the league.

I was a Rob Ryan fan... That said, I prefer my defenses a little more straight-up- just go hit somebody, am I right? We don't need a ton of sacks or turnovers- we just need to grind them down and keep them out of the end zone.

I can't wait to fire up Red Zone tomorrow!
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I was a Rob Ryan fan... That said, I prefer my defenses a little more straight-up- just go hit somebody, am I right? We don't need a ton of sacks or turnovers- we just need to grind them down and keep them out of the end zone.
    Jim Johnson was my favorite D-coordinator, so obviously I don't agree

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Dallas wins the NFC east
    Bears win the NFC north
    Falcons win the NFC south
    49ers win the NFC West

Pats win the AFC east
    Bengals win the AFC north
    Houston wins the AFC south
    Denver wins the AFC West
    I'd replace Dallas with Washington, Chicago with Green Bay, and add on KC/Pittsburgh as my AFC Wild Card teams and Seattle/Chicago in the NFC.

If we're throwing out predictions...
    AFC West: Broncos
    AFC East: Patriots
    AFC North: Bengals
    AFC South: Texans
    AFC Wildcards: Dolphins, Ravens

NFC West: 49ers
    NFC East: Cowboys
    NFC North: Packers
    NFC South: Falcons
    NFC Wildcard: Seahawks, Rams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I haven't really paid attention to NFL at all; how are the Packers looking? They're the team I root for.
    Packers have Aaron Rodgers, that alone secures them a spot in the conversation for best teams out there. They got badly beaten in the PLay-offs last year by the 49'ers, and wouldn't you know that's just the team they are facing this first week this year too.

I've got Aaron Rodgers on my fantasy team, so gogo Packers this year I say. (they won't play Patriots till the Superbowl, IF they do, so I'm okay with them doing well)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am curious to see if he can stay upright tomorrow against a revamped Niners front line, and his once again ramshackle offensive line. His LT is a 6th round rookie, and the RT is a 2nd year UDFA. You can bet that they Packers will be looking at offensive linemen this next year, I was shocked to see that they didn't this year's draft.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]
    NFC is so stacked It was a lot harder to pick the division winners esp since you got Seachickens, Redskins, Bears, Saints, and Giants. I think the East is by far the most solid division just because the west has the Rams and Cards.
    The Rams are a very solid team but I think their tough schedule will keep them out of the playoffs (2x SF, 2x SEA, CHI, @ATL, @HOU). I would say the East is the worst division in the conference, but the 4 teams are probably separated by less than any other division. But if I were to rank the teams in the NFC, it would take me awhile to get to an NFC East team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha NFL.com screw up:

Never knew there was more then 1 Gronkowski in the league, and apparently neither did the person making this article/entry xD

So does anyone think the Eagles are gonna beat the Skins on Monday?

I feel an 7-9 to 9-7 season for the Eagles isn't too far-fetched, but no one else really seems to think that they'll be over 6-10.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the NFClEast? Anyone could make the playoff, even the Eagles. I would not be shocked at all if they are the "worst to first" team this season, but at the same time, that division is ultra-competitive and so they might go 6-10. I am calling .500 for them and the Cowboys, with the Giants and Redskins duking it out for first, and whoever is healthier wins it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not buying the Rams because of 1 thing, Sam Bradford. Hes a reliable QB for sure, but I don't see anything that wows me.

They'll still be a pretty good team though.