10+ Year Old Account
    Tomlin is complaining about the officials and I have to agree with him, they even let coaches wander onto the field without a penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Tomlin is complaining about the officials and I have to agree with him, they even let coaches wander onto the field without a penalty.
    NFL is gonna clamp down so damn hard on coaches being on the field next year it wont even be funny.

But yeah, Bill Leavy now has shit all over both the Seahawks and Steelers.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    So... much... sarcasm.... it buuuuuurns.

I don't get the McNabb hate. He wasn't a hall of fame QB, but neither was Jaws and Jaws is basically a god in Philly.
    Not hating on McNabb at all. Every QB has a weakness and his was accuracy. Except for TO his receiving core was horrible, but Reid continued to chuck it. His RBs were great to good so there was no reason not to pound teams into the ground.

On the Jaws part I'll leave that for another board.
    You cared enough to post.

everyone on NFL network raving about how the Lions are by far the best coaching opening. But they all leave out the most important thing...you will have to live in probably the worst city in the country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    everyone on NFL network raving about how the Lions are by far the best coaching opening. But they all leave out the most important thing...you will have to live in probably the worst city in the country.
    Nobody says you have to live in Detroit. Ford field is less than 2 kilometers from Canada.

And it is by far the best coach opening. You have stars like Stafford, Megatron, Reggie Bush and N.Suh and a team that is use to losing regularly! All the other teams that fired their coach has problems with their QB situation.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2013-12-31 at 03:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Nobody says you have to live in Detroit. Ford field is less than 2 kilometers from Canada.
    If you are going to live in Detroit...you might as well live in Canada?:P
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Not hating on McNabb at all. Every QB has a weakness and his was accuracy. Except for TO his receiving core was horrible, but Reid continued to chuck it. His RBs were great to good so there was no reason not to pound teams into the ground.

On the Jaws part I'll leave that for another board.
    Not specifically you hating on Mcnabb, but EVERYONE hates on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also amused by the notion that Manning might lose the passing record as they review video and decide if one of his passes was actually a lateral. This is why you don't break the record by one yard and then take a nap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure looks like a lateral if not a backwards pass from the game film. Whats the point of records if they are not accurate.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm also amused by the notion that Manning might lose the passing record as they review video and decide if one of his passes was actually a lateral. This is why you don't break the record by one yard and then take a nap.
    Wow, they really do that?

I laughed, because its gonna cause a lot of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Sure looks like a lateral if not a backwards pass from the game film. Whats the point of records if they are not accurate.
    I don't think it's a big deal. I can 100% guarantee you that Brees gives no shits and he's the one that has the most reason to care. I don't even know why anyone gives a shit about this, it's just a dick-stroking stat and Manning broke enough records this year I'm really sure he doesn't care about this either as he's focused on getting to another Superbowl. I understand the argument but it was ruled as passing during the game and the NFL really needs to worry most about the poor refeering in tons of games. Besides, you could probably look at all of Bree's footage and find a similar issue for just a few yards. Meanwhile the wrong AFC team picked up that sixth seed and the NFL is hardly making even half the fuss about that, despite the fact I'm not a Steelers fan and I don't think either team would get anywhere in the playoffs, but fair football should kind of be in place, IMO.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-12-31 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the NFLs reluctance to add sensors in game balls and pylons. All you need to do is have the sensor create an alpha trace of the ball, then you can overlay it on cameras.

Makes people getting superstitious about games being rigged valid. The tech has been there for years. Though more than 7 people lining up on one side of the center is straight up referee incompetence. I don't think making them full time employees will fix anything..

Also, make ALL reviews in the booth ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I don't get the NFLs reluctance to add sensors in game balls and pylons. All you need to do is have the sensor create an alpha trace of the ball, then you can overlay it on cameras.

Makes people getting superstitious about games being rigged valid. The tech has been there for years. Though more than 7 people lining up on one side of the center is straight up referee incompetence. I don't think making them full time employees will fix anything..

Also, make ALL reviews in the booth ffs.
    Agree. The tech is definitely there, and even more so the money to afford such tech. The NFL could and should have state-of-the art technology for all sorts of shit like that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Nfl has issues, but the NBA and Soccer are the kings of rigged games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit is running some background work on Tom Cable, currently an assistant for Seattle, I think he is the O-line coach. Iiiiiiinteresting. I think he could work with the team, if you want a disciplinarian, TOm Cable would do I think. He made a crapsack Raiders squad go 8-8, but was still canned.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Detroit is running some background work on Tom Cable, currently an assistant for Seattle, I think he is the O-line coach. Iiiiiiinteresting. I think he could work with the team, if you want a disciplinarian, TOm Cable would do I think. He made a crapsack Raiders squad go 8-8, but was still canned.
    Tom Cable will only go if Bevell leaves IMO.

Cable has been pretty good here, though I feel like we've never really had a dominate O line with some draft busts. He has strokes of genius. Converting Sweezy to a G was probably his best move. Okung obviously is really good. Breno was a good FA signing, though a bit overpriced considering he took a few years to develop.

Inb4 he converts Suh to the greatest guard of all time.

Also, Adam Schefter said that Washington GM has flown to Seattle to interview Darrell Bevell. That is interesting, considering Bevell coached Russell Wilson not to run.

Also, also the NFL is letting Peyton keep the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Also, also the NFL is letting Peyton keep the record.
    good, would have been a bit unfair if they didn't. he sat out the entire second half, if they had known about that before then obviously he would have been in for a series in that second half

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    He knows how to keep coaches in line.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.399777

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    good, would have been a bit unfair if they didn't. he sat out the entire second half, if they had known about that before then obviously he would have been in for a series in that second half
    Perhaps. (Good) coaches usually don't give a fuck about things like that, though, they want to ensure their best players are healthy for the playoffs. I mean, Foles could have likely surpassed the 7 yard TD in a single game that he played a couple months ago but he was taken out for the entire fourth quarter instead as Foles's health mattered more to his coaches. I didn't watch the Broncos-Raiders game though but I'm sure they would have let Peyton take a snap or two in the second half if he really wanted it had he fallen short. Either way, glad they didn't revert it, that man earned the great season he had, regardless of the fact that he had some pretty epic receivers helping him along the way.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-01-01 at 04:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill O'Brian to leave Penn State for the Texans HC job.