The San Francisco 49ers' 23-20 win over the Green Bay Packers had 47.1 million viewers Sunday on Fox to make it the most-watched wild-card game on record.
    Good to see. Unexpected.

Deleted
    Isn't the NFL breaking viewing records every year these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    That just makes sense frankly. More people = more viewers. Can't really compare to previous decades in that regard.

I wish they'd add a, "due to increased population and more accessible content!" after every statement about how X has broken a viewership record.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the playoffs count to the CotY awards? If so, then I think Reid should be out of consideration. Having taken the time to consider the game, I understand why Philly fans were sick of the guy. Up 38-10, and still calling a ton more passing plays than runs. I don't care if your pro-bowl RB is injured, Knile Davis was solid until he got hurt and even when he did go down, they still had a third string guy and Dexter McCluster was a college RB, who knows how to run dives, sweeps, etc.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Dalton is the problem, though. He looks fantastic sometimes and the next thing you know he's terrible, and he seems to choke every time it matters most. But that team has way too much talent on both sides of the ball to not be a better team than they are, but the QB position really is holding them back from being a regular superbowl contender. I honestly thought this would be the year they broke their losing playoff streak at least but I was wrong. I kind of feel bad for the guy and it's not really fair to blame the loss solely on him, but a stronger QB would make that team one of the best teams in the AFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    and Dexter McCluster was a college RB, who knows how to run dives, sweeps, etc.
    And still runs plays from the backfield as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Isn't the NFL breaking viewing records every year these days?
    Pretty much, yeah. Pretty sure the Superbowls have more and more people watching every year, too....like I think the most watched Superbowls have been the last six or seven of them, each beating out the last in viewers.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Does the playoffs count to the CotY awards? If so, then I think Reid should be out of consideration. Having taken the time to consider the game, I understand why Philly fans were sick of the guy. Up 38-10, and still calling a ton more passing plays than runs. I don't care if your pro-bowl RB is injured, Knile Davis was solid until he got hurt and even when he did go down, they still had a third string guy and Dexter McCluster was a college RB, who knows how to run dives, sweeps, etc.

There will be no running on Andy's watch.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...o-underachieve

Dan Marino thinks andy passes too much.
    You cared enough to post.

Another factor that may have accounted for more viewers of the 49ers vs. Packers was how freaking cold it was across the nation. What else better to do than sit by a cozy fire or such munching on some food while watching a playoff game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Deion Branch signed with Indy. Interesting given the Colts and Pats play this weekend.

Picks? Let's see. Pats over Indy. Seattle over Saints. Niners over Panthers. Broncos over Chargers. Not very imaginative I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I was as confident about the Pats winning as most people seem to be. I know the Colts are probably the least hard team we could face, in that they don't have much of a running game, when our run defence is weak (and even weaker with Spikes now also on IR) so I guess we get a decent match up in that sense. But then again, they have Luck. The way he's been playing I'd rather face Manning, cause Manning can be game planned against and slowed down. Luck seems to make it up as he goes along sometimes, and that's much harder to do anything against.

If there's any team in the AFC title race left we can beat, it's the Colts, but I'm not getting my hopes up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeff Ireland and the Dolphins have mutually agreed to part ways.

Interesting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Jeff Ireland and the Dolphins have mutually agreed to part ways.

Interesting...
    a few years late

Luck is interesting, he kind of reminds me of young Elway, he seems like the likeliest guy to guide a team to the superbowl and lose 55-10

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Deion Branch signed with Indy. Interesting given the Colts and Pats play this weekend.

Picks? Let's see. Pats over Indy. Seattle over Saints. Niners over Panthers. Broncos over Chargers. Not very imaginative I know.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Chargers over Broncos. Call me crazy, but the Chargers just have something going right now that gives me reason to believe they can upset the Broncos. (Plus it's Peyton in a playoff game, so sorry, no confidence there.) I also think the Panthers will beat the niners again. The other two I agree: hawks > saints; pats > colts.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

My picks:
    Seahawks over Saints
    Panthers over Niners
    Patriots over Colts
    Chargers over Broncos

15+ Year Old Account
    I ended up going with all the home teams.

Broncos over Chargers: Thinking the return of Welker and their main run stopper will be the difference.
    Panthers over Niners: The teams are pretty much the same, so going with the home team.
    Patriots over Colts: Belichick is too smart to let T.Y. Hilton run wild again.
    Seahawks over Saints: C-link

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you know what? Colts upset the Pats. Why not. It seems the most likely out of all of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No, you know what? Colts upset the Pats. Why not. It seems the most likely out of all of them.
    I could really see them all winning.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Whos better in their primes, what you think, Gronk or Graham?

Last week got 3 correct, 1 wrong because of Bengal losing, pretty embarrassing tho, aren't they like 8-0 at home?

This week im guessing:

Seahawk over Saints (it wont be like that stomp again, but if Saint got hit by weather Seahawk most likely to win, and Seahawk at home too)
    Colt over Pats (Feels like Pats doesn't have anything and Luck is going to do better)
    Broncos over Charger (River beats Peyton all day in playoff , but this time Peyton have a different team and he is the best QB in league I think Peyton gonna won)
    49ers over Panthers (nvm 49ers was one of my favorite team and they are more stacked with better playoff experience)
    Last edited by Vvhooya; 2014-01-09 at 11:02 PM.

Will be missed ~