Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    Whos better in their primes, what you think, Gronk or Graham?
    All-around, definitely Gronk, since we're talking about 'prime' here, as injuries play a big factor. Graham is faster but other than not spending half his career injured, I can't think of anything else Graham can do better. While he does some things just as well as Gronk, Gronk just has a presence about him...the Pats' stats with and without him this season is mind-boggling...he makes great catches, he blocks insanely well which Graham can't do, and the defense has so many guys freaking covering him it often leaves another Pats receiver wide-open, the guy doesn't even need to do anything to be a huge impact. Graham is still awesome, though, I do love watching him make plays. But really, if Gronk stayed healthy all the time and say came around a few years earlier in '07...oh God I could hardly imagine the stats...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No, you know what? Colts upset the Pats. Why not. It seems the most likely out of all of them.
    I disagree. I think the Patriots beating the Colts as the safest bet this week.

Patriots over Colts <- safest bet
    Seahawks over Saints
    Broncos over Chargers
    49ers over Panthers <- Riskiest bet

Patriots, Saints, Broncos, Panthers.

Least sure about Patriots. They seem the most unstable team (or them and the saints).

I picked a Broncos/49ers Superbowl at the start of the season so going to stick with it. Otherwise, I'll go with Saints & Colts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made some money from some betting pools with friends/co-workers last week with the Wild Card round, called all the games right but that Colts vs Chiefs was a close one lol.

Here are my picks for divisional:

* Means I think they will win

Broncos VS Chargers* - Welker is back, Broncos are a high octane offense and its in Denver. But San Diego's defense really stepped up last week against a terrible QB and they beat them twice already. Denver's defense hasn't really stopped anybody all year when it had to.

Colts vs Patriots* - A great game for Andrew Luck last week but I think going to Foxborough against Tom Brady is going to be a tall order for Indy. Their defense is shoddy, the run game is not too impressive and you can't have Luck attempting 40+ passes every game. I think he throws some INTs and the Patriots offense hits high gear.

Saints* vs Seahawks - A really tough game here, but I just have faith in Drew Brees to redeem NO after that horrible loss a few months back. Also expect Wilson/Offense to cough up the ball a few times.

49ers vs Panthers* - Again, a really great matchup but I think home field advantage and a stronger D-line will be the difference for the Panthers. It really is up to Cam Newton to convert 3rd downs and keep the ball away from Gore and their throwing RB Kaepernick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jay Gruden is now the HC of the Redskins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Jay Gruden is now the HC of the Redskins.
    Yeah, that's an eyebrow raiser. Did NOT have him on my radar as a HC yet. I knew he was highly regarded, but his name hadn't floated about much, especially not in connection with Washington.

For what it's worth he'll need all the help he can get, BUT at least he's the ideal guy to get RG3 back on track.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodactyl View Post
    I made some money from some betting pools with friends/co-workers last week with the Wild Card round, called all the games right but that Colts vs Chiefs was a close one lol.

Here are my picks for divisional:

* Means I think they will win

Broncos VS Chargers* - Welker is back, Broncos are a high octane offense and its in Denver. But San Diego's defense really stepped up last week against a terrible QB and they beat them twice already. Denver's defense hasn't really stopped anybody all year when it had to.

Colts vs Patriots* - A great game for Andrew Luck last week but I think going to Foxborough against Tom Brady is going to be a tall order for Indy. Their defense is shoddy, the run game is not too impressive and you can't have Luck attempting 40+ passes every game. I think he throws some INTs and the Patriots offense hits high gear.

Saints* vs Seahawks - A really tough game here, but I just have faith in Drew Brees to redeem NO after that horrible loss a few months back. Also expect Wilson/Offense to cough up the ball a few times.

49ers vs Panthers* - Again, a really great matchup but I think home field advantage and a stronger D-line will be the difference for the Panthers. It really is up to Cam Newton to convert 3rd downs and keep the ball away from Gore and their throwing RB Kaepernick.
    So you aren't factoring in the Saints coughing up the ball a few times?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-playoffworthy

The prison system reforming one steeler at a time.

Tell us something we don't know Pep.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...cipher-signals

If you ain't cheatin' then you ain't tryin.
    Last edited by icausewipes; 2014-01-09 at 11:44 PM.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, that's an eyebrow raiser. Did NOT have him on my radar as a HC yet. I knew he was highly regarded, but his name hadn't floated about much, especially not in connection with Washington.

For what it's worth he'll need all the help he can get, BUT at least he's the ideal guy to get RG3 back on track.
    He needs to make RG3 stfu and just play. Have him Marshawn Lynch his interviews with one sentence answers.

Was catching up on twitter at work break, sounded like Steve Smith was doubtful, but now PFT has him optimistic. So who knows?

Oh just read that Percy Harvin is good to go for Sunday. ITS HAPPENING!
    Last edited by Vetali; 2014-01-10 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Fire Greg Roman. Calls 3 plays or so every god damn time, and the Niners blow a timeout at the start of the second half.

He alo opens the half with three straight passes? What the hell Roman. What the hell. That is asking for a three and out.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...95--ncaaf.html

Not fired but gone is looking more likely!

I can't really tell if he is doing a bad job or not, but the offense hasn't really improved this year, it just got back to where it was when Crabtree got healthy, and IMO it should be improving. Even on things like getting the play off in time they can't seem to make progress.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keenan Lewis is playing, so thats reassuring, maybe we will get the tight entertaining game we were denied in the previous matchup.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is Percy Harvin playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Is Percy Harvin playing?
    Vetali said on the previous page that Harvin is ready for Sunday, so seems like a good possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Is Percy Harvin playing?
    Yeah hes 100%. Returning kickoffs and all.

You'd be surprised who has the best locker room in the NFL.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery...f-42913d28bd1b

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah hes 100%. Returning kickoffs and all.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery...f-42913d28bd1b
    Wow...that IS nice. Damn...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that surprised that a team clearly not putting their money on the field spends in the locker room.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh gawd this Sea/NO game looks like a blow out to me. 42-3 Hawks.

That hit on Harvin, right to the head, unnecessary, avoidable, why? Is bounty gate back?
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-01-11 at 09:49 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    That hit on Harvin was devastating. I winced, love seeing hits like that, but daaaaaamn. That needed the flag, I am rooting for the Saints this game, but holy hell they need to fix a lot to win this. The defense can't hold up like tat all day with three and outs.

Bill Parcells apparently compared Kyree Robinson to Curtis Martin. I can see it after these two plays though.

Bruno Mars invited the Red Hot Chili Peppers to play with him at the Super Bowl halftime show. I may actually watch it this time... Le gasp!
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2014-01-11 at 10:06 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's some devestating turn of events there for the Saints. They better start getting in this game or this is going to get away from them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is starting to remind me of the Carolina game where the defense held up well except for a couple of walk-in touchdowns