Deleted
    I honestly don't know who to pick for next week, this week was much easier. I could totally see Niners beat Hawks and Patriots beat Broncos, but I guess the favorites are Broncos over Patriots and Seahawks over Niners, so i'm going with that with Broncos dominating Seahawks in the superbowl because Wilson can't score a lot of points.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hard to pick Broncos with how mediocre they played and how outstanding Pats were. I'll go Pats and Seahawks, with Pats taking it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conspiracy theory, Sea/Pat will happen because #12 vs 12th Man is too good of a marketing setup.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Conspiracy theory, Sea/Pat will happen because #12 vs 12th Man is too good of a marketing setup.
    Am I missing something? The 12th man is Seattles home crowd, the Super Bowl is in New York...

Not quite....

fitting the pieces together...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love having mics on QBs so we can hear them yell a bunch of city names or, hopefully, things more interesting than that

we already had Manning yelling at Donald Brown, today we got a "fucking Julius..." on a Thomas false-start

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I love having mics on QBs so we can hear them yell a bunch of city names or, hopefully, things more interesting than that

we already had Manning yelling at Donald Brown, today we got a "fucking Julius..." on a Thomas false-start
    I wanna know what Rivers was saying on that delay of game where he was screaming at his center, and threw the ball when he snapped it too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I wanna know what Rivers was saying on that delay of game where he was screaming at his center, and threw the ball when he snapped it too late.
    Dagummit what the heck jeez!?

is the most probable thing to come out of Rivers' mouth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Am I missing something? The 12th man is Seattles home crowd, the Super Bowl is in New York...

Not quite....

fitting the pieces together...
    Yeeah.

If its pats/seattle it'll be like the other superbowl where the east coast team has a lot more fans at the game. Who knows though. Willing to say that most patriot fans weren't that hopeful midseason, and buying tickets now is really expensive.

But you also have the east coast seattle bandwagoneers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    There was a moment later in the game too where he had to take a time out cause he couldn't get the team lined up in the noise. He was pretty testy then too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeeah.

If its pats/seattle it'll be like the other superbowl where the east coast team has a lot more fans at the game. Who knows though. Willing to say that most patriot fans weren't that hopeful midseason, and buying tickets now is really expensive.

But you also have the east coast seattle bandwagoneers.
    It's in NY, assuming people in the stands have a higher chance to be actually FROM New York there's every chance the crowd hates the Patriots, so in the event we actually manage to beat the best offence there ever was with our banged up defense and make it to the Superbowl I'm sure there's going to be a healthy amount of booing coming the Patriots way.

Since picking games is a crapshoot, I'm gonna go with DEN over NE since Brady is 2-4 in Denver and he won't have Gronk like earlier this season in NE. Then again, losing Chris Harris is tough. Top-ten CB who played more defensive snaps than any other player on the defense this year.

Gonna go with SEA over SF but I could see it swing either way.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2014-01-13 at 03:43 PM.

3 weeks from today I'm going to begin spiraling into depression.

well crap, Harris out with a torn ACL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ken Whisenhunt is now the Titans HC.

I'm a die hard Seahawks fan, but I really feel like San Francisco has a decent chance to win this one. Seattle's injuries at receiver have really caught up with them in the last few weeks. Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin were supposed to be their top two receivers with Golden Tate their #3 and Doug Baldwin their #4. Playing Tate and Baldwin at 1 and 2 against great defenses the last few weeks is the main reason Seattle hasn't been able to get much going in the passing game. Unless Harvin can clear concussion protocol and actually stay on the field for a whole game I don't see Seattle moving the ball much in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalis View Post
    I'm a die hard Seahawks fan, but I really feel like San Francisco has a decent chance to win this one. Seattle's injuries at receiver have really caught up with them in the last few weeks. Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin were supposed to be their top two receivers with Golden Tate their #3 and Doug Baldwin their #4. Playing Tate and Baldwin at 1 and 2 against great defenses the last few weeks is the main reason Seattle hasn't been able to get much going in the passing game. Unless Harvin can clear concussion protocol and actually stay on the field for a whole game I don't see Seattle moving the ball much in the air.
    Do they have to in order to win though?

I get the concern about the passing game, and I agree to an extent. I don't really feel like Baldwin, Tate, and Kearse aren't talented enough to produce (well maybe Tate on slants). Pete Carroll always preaches the turnover battle. That, with the wind in last game I didn't really see a reason to air it out when Lynch was doing his thing. If they have to pass, they will. They are capable of it, but it hasn't really been needed in a while. Seattle has been faced with some really good defenses at the end of the year, and I give more blame to the run game in that period. Shit o line play. Fortunately Bowie has been given a chance and he stepped up big. Been talked up as the next Walter Jones since training camp.

I think the biggest thing going for SF is they have Boldin, who seems to be superhuman come playoff time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I think the biggest thing going for SF is they have Boldin, who seems to be superhuman come playoff time.
    Gore scares me a shit ton more than Crabtree, Boldin, and Davis combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whisenhunt is a good pick for the Titans in my opinion.

I feel that the biggest thing for SF is that they have all of the players, Gore, Crabtree, Davis, and Boldin. Boldin is a monster in the playoffs, and even when Gore appears to have been getting stopped all the time, he comes through in the end to set something up. I am worried that Kaepernick will start to panic in the environment in Seattle, which is what killed the Niners last time they were there. Remember, that game was 5-0 at halftime before Kaep went and panicked, starting to get turnovers.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, I knew that Colston pass/lateral had to be a scripted play: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...nned-by-saints

Wisenhunt going to the Titans is a blow for the Lions, and makes me wonder why Wisenhunt (who's not dumb) would choose the (IMO at least) far less talented team in the Titans when he could have had the Lions job. It kind of makes you wonder what's going on in the front office and organization of the Lions that Wisenhunt would choose the less obvious route back to a succesful HC job.

Apparently the Lions are going for the scraps of other teams now, with Munchak and Caldwell as favourites. Neither of those 2 has really impressed me when they had the chance to be HC. If this is what they are going to get for HC they might as well haev stayed with Schwarz. The guy wasn't THAT bad, and I don't see an upgrade in what's lined up now.

Always love going back and looking at preseason predictions...and then laughing my ass off.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...ctions/count/1

just a few of the highlights:
    Redskins: 10-6
    Texans: 12-4
    Giants: 10-6
    Falcons: 11-5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Wisenhunt going to the Titans is a blow for the Lions, and makes me wonder why Wisenhunt (who's not dumb) would choose the (IMO at least) far less talented team in the Titans when he could have had the Lions job.
    cause you have to live in Detroit