10+ Year Old Account
    Lions hire Jim Caldwell as their new Head Coach.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    cause you have to live in Detroit
    Jim Caldwell doesn't seem to mind that part. He's the next Lion's coach: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ons-head-coach

He got Indy to the Superbowl in his first year (when Dungy had just left, and the team was obviously still well imprinted with his handy work). Second year Manning was there, and healthy, and yet his team only managed 10-6, and lost first round of the playoffs (Ugly, ugly loss to the Jets). Then his last year Manning sat out, and he went 2-14.

I wish him well in getting the Lions over the hump and into the playoffs, but his work in Indy didn't exactly convince me that he's got what it takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    (Ugly, ugly loss to the Jets)
    Is there any other kind of loss to the Jets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Caldwell made it so Joe Flaaco fooled people into thinking he was a decent QB by telling him to loft it up to his WR's, especially Anquan Boldin and watch your numbers rise. Detroit could use another WR across from Megatron, and then that offense would be terrifying. The defense needs work, and that was not Caldwell's strong point. I think the Lions are bringing in Caldwell to mentor up Stafford, which is a decent move, I just think they would have been better off with a defensive guy.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumor is floating around that Russell Wilson has, or is getting a treatment done on his throwing shoulder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Rumor is floating around that Russell Wilson has, or is getting a treatment done on his throwing shoulder.
    He should turn up in the injury report then, if true, right? Can't hide stuff like that. When's the next report due?

10+ Year Old Account
    He should turn up in the injury report then, if true, right? Can't hide stuff like that. When's the next report due?
    Today. We'll see what happens. Wouldn't surprise me if he has been playing through something. He was getting destroyed when the O line was crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Zimmer is the next Vikings head coach. I am glad they didn't get Fangio, but they could have taken away G-Ro!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Brady missed practice today with an undisclosed (till now at least) illness. So that's QB no. 2 with a health problem, potentially.

Tom Brady missed practice today with an undisclosed (till now at least) illness. So that's QB no. 2 with a health problem, potentially.
    that's just Bill Belichick play-off 101

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a video of Wilson from today on NFL.com talking in a press conference. Looks fine.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playof...-to-get-better
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Yeah, I think that's just Bellichick fucking with the media. Brady won't miss practice 'because he's sick.' I know a lot of people don't like him but he's one of the most devoted players in the NFL to the game and to his team. He wouldn't miss practice for such a big game in particular over being sick unless he literally was so sick he couldn't stand. Chances are something else came up and he's just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ravens have an opening at OC and they interviewed ... Kyle Shanahan.

I have nothing against Shanahan, but what is the point of even looking at him when Norv Turner and Gary Kubiak are still available?
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wilson not on injury report. So the rumor is false or being flushed under the table. Percy Harvin, Lynch (never practices), and Jordan Hill did not practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post

I have nothing against Shanahan, but what is the point of even looking at him when Norv Turner and Gary Kubiak are still available?
    Looking at RG3's progress this year, and what the Washington offense was able to produce and I'm entirely unimpressed with Shanahan jr.'s credentials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post

this is what makes the Ravens the Ravens, if they ever put together a workable offense it would be too confusing

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda surprised at the Vikings hire. Was expecting Bevell for sure. Now its just the browns left with a free HC job, right? Would not surprise me if they made a reach for Tom Cable.

If I was the Ravens I'd get an offensive coordinator that could create a power run game. Then Flaccid wouldn't have to air it out so much. When he does, he has the WR talent to make things happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Kinda surprised at the Vikings hire. Was expecting Bevell for sure. Now its just the browns left with a free HC job, right? Would not surprise me if they made a reach for Tom Cable.
    Weren't the Browns not-terrible this year? Why would they lose a coach?

I get Sunday off, might as well say Denver/Seattle Super Bowl. It goes against everything I usually say, since they're both one seeds, but this year I don't suspect any surprises like usual (stupid Ravens and Giants).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

I get Sunday off, might as well say Denver/Seattle Super Bowl. It goes against everything I usually say, since they're both one seeds, but this year I don't suspect any surprises like usual (stupid Ravens and Giants).
    Not terrible till Hoyer went down, then Weeden started doing dumb shovel passes. Then they fired the HC. Which was a surprise, but in an interview an anonymous player said that he was a jerk and the locker room didn't like him.

So after the Richardson trade and that, maybe things are looking up for the factory of sadness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    they were 4-5 and then lost 7 in a row, they don't have much of a front office, considering they botched their first coaching hire already, looks like more of the same crappy crap crap in Cleveland

if the Vikings grabbed Zimmer and then get Norv to run their offense then that's a pretty good improvement there, new regime, expect a new QB for Norv to groom