Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    They're going to wait to do that until they see what they're going to get out of Lattimore. They didn't draft him and let him sit on IR all year just to replace him. He's supposed to be ready for this upcoming season.
    Good call, forgot about Lattimore.

Also I expect the Seahawks to cut Sidney Rice which should free up another 6 or so million in cap space. Clearly that isn't enough to bring back the whole defense, the Seahawk's defense this year was an amazing confluence of events, but that should be enough to keep the major pieces intact. Add in some good drafting and I think the Seahawks still have a top 5 defense next season.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I highly doubt Wilson is gonna be negotiating for a contract like Flacco's, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't grab a pretty hefty contract extension. Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor are the three best players on that defense - all three will be worth big contracts.

Who fills in the gaps? Not the superbowl-winning team who all want to get paid what they're worth. Can the front office replicate what they've done, by picking up folks in later rounds? Maybe, maybe not.
    Yeah no doubt. These are the situations where GMs earn their salary. It will be interesting to see them try to piece it together. Jay Cutler getting 126M certainly doesn't help them much. I can't imagine Russell's agent will be too keen on letting him get that much lower than a guy who has never finished a season with a QB rating over 90, when his guy has finished both of his first two over 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    Good call, forgot about Lattimore.

Also I expect the Seahawks to cut Sidney Rice which should free up another 6 or so million in cap space. Clearly that isn't enough to bring back the whole defense, the Seahawk's defense this year was an amazing confluence of events, but that should be enough to keep the major pieces intact. Add in some good drafting and I think the Seahawks still have a top 5 defense next season.
    Sidney Rice is near 10m next year. Breno is like 7m, Red Bryant is another 7m, Carpenter is 5m, Paul Mcquistain is 5m+ Chris Clemons is something like 8-9m.

None of those guys I really expect to be back next year.

Just got back from Pioneer Square in Seattle place is rocking, going to worry about salary cap another time....what a day!

/salute to others of the 12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Gore is also behind an insanely good O line.

You are right about Earl, but with Kam as well. Seattle could plug in their 3rd and 4th string corners and still dominate with those two. Sherman's injury is a high ankle sprain, so he'll be fine.

I dunno why people are digging into Seattle's salary cap already. They have a lot of good cheap players, but have a lot of aging expensive players. Things will be fine.
    The only player I see Seattle cutting is Rice. Maybe Zach Miller. Other than that, there's not really any "expensive aging" players unless you're gonna start cutting offensive linemen. $8 million isn't much when you're going to have to sign Baldwin to an offer sheet. Bennett, Browner, McQuistan, Giacomini, and Thurmond are all free agents. That also doesn't include the money they'll need for their draft picks.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only player I see Seattle cutting is Rice. Maybe Zach Miller. Other than that, there's not really any "expensive aging" players unless you're gonna start cutting offensive linemen. $8 million isn't much when you're going to have to sign Baldwin to an offer sheet. Bennett, Browner, McQuistan, Giacomini, and Thurmond are all free agents. That also doesn't include the money they'll need for their draft picks.
    Well I assume Browner won't be a Hawk next year, especially after Sherman blasted him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yeah no doubt. These are the situations where GMs earn their salary. It will be interesting to see them try to piece it together. Jay Cutler getting 126M certainly doesn't help them much. I can't imagine Russell's agent will be too keen on letting him get that much lower than a guy who has never finished a season with a QB rating over 90, when his guy has finished both of his first two over 100.
    He won the superbowl, thats the what the job is about, he should fire his Agent if he doesnt get at least Flacco's pay day + inflation.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

BTW don't trust that site I linked earlier... They show Brady's salary at 1M for 2013... WTF?
    No, that's right. Brady restructured his deal in the offseason. Or signed an extension. Whichever you prefer. His base salary this year was $1M.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW don't trust that site I linked earlier... They show Brady's salary at 1M for 2013... WTF?
    It should go up a ton in 2014 or 2015. He restructured to keep Wes Welker and get other people.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, that's right. Brady restructured his deal in the offseason. Or signed an extension. Whichever you prefer. His base salary this year was $1M.
    Yeah I deleted my post because I forgot that. Though his cap hit for the team was still 13.8, so I'm not sure what benefit they got from that?

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Te...iots&Year=2013

The column on the right probably answers my question. I guess I'm not sure why more players don't do that? Either way he gets the same amount of money, even if an absurd amount of it was a "bonus"
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-02-03 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    He won the superbowl, thats the what the job is about, he should fire his Agent if he doesnt get at least Flacco's pay day + inflation.
    I don't think he's going to get that much, especially if he 'accepts' a lesser salary to try and keep some of their better players around who are also expecting a payday.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malcom Smith is a surprising MVP though. Deserving, but surprising from somebody that was a backup LB until KJ Wright went down. Wasn't even invited to the combine. If I had to pick a MVP it'd be Kam or Percy. Those two players really effected the game when they were on the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I don't think he's going to get that much, especially if he 'accepts' a lesser salary to try and keep some of their better players around who are also expecting a payday.
    I think that's a very real possibility, AND he can't renegotiate until the 2015 season as per league rules regarding rookie contracts, but I'm betting he'll still cart in quite a few million per year once that happens. Probably not 20, but still quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Malcom Smith is a surprising MVP though. Deserving, but surprising from somebody that was a backup LB until KJ Wright went down. Wasn't even invited to the combine. If I had to pick a MVP it'd be Kam or Percy. Those two players really effected the game when they were on the field.
    There isn't an obvious MVP. You could make a case for Harvin or Wilson but really the whole Seahawk's defense deserves the credit, Smith is a good choice I guess but if it was up to me I'd probably give it to Chancellor or Thomas because they are the centerpieces of the defense even if it doesn't show up in the counting stats.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    There isn't an obvious MVP. You could make a case for Harvin or Wilson but really the whole Seahawk's defense deserves the credit, Smith is a good choice I guess but if it was up to me I'd probably give it to Chancellor or Thomas because they are the centerpieces of the defense even if it doesn't show up in the counting stats.
    Yeah thats what I was talking to my dad about right when the game ended. You could really toss it up between 5-10 guys. Was surprised they didn't just give it to the QB though.

I still feel strongly about Percy or Kam. Percy's run back gutted any hope for the Broncos. Kam's first hit really set the tone defensively.

Deleted
    Atleast one thing got settled. Peyton Manning is NOT the all time greatest. Choking in super bowl and play-offs in general is disqualifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Lesser quality is better for 1990s material!
    Don't you start telling me about how grain is part of the picture!

Kam Chancellor was the best player that game. Even taking away the INT, he was just flying around the field making plays. I haven't seen him play all year, but the awareness he displayed when he broke off Julius Thomas to catch up to Welker and break up that pass just in time was something great to behold. Those are the kinds of plays you would see from Ed Reed or John Lynch.

SF was like a hand away from winning their game and going to the SB.

Kap > Manning? What the hell is going on >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally a bad day to wake up at 5am tomorrow. Supposed to have freezing rain and snow, so who knows. Maybe they'll just cancel everything and call it a holiday.

Either way I'll have a writeup tomorrow. I know I said I would last weekend, but I lied.