Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Totally a bad day to wake up at 5am tomorrow. Supposed to have freezing rain and snow, so who knows. Maybe they'll just cancel everything and call it a holiday.

Either way I'll have a writeup tomorrow. I know I said I would last weekend, but I lied.
    They practically shut Philly down for a week after winning the world series... and we'd won world series before... Pretty sure Seattle's gonna be basically shut down.

Also, anyone see what happened during Smith's postgame interview?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...by-911-truther

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Well I assume Browner won't be a Hawk next year, especially after Sherman blasted him.
    He did? what did he say? I don't get interviews and such here in EU so I don't get the stuff that doesn't make the mainstream media snippets

10+ Year Old Account
    MVP could have gone to a lot of diff guys it was a real team win everyone played well as a group on O, D and special teams. A good case could be made for Avril to get MVP too since 2 of his hits/pressures directly lead to turnovers.

Truth be told Allen, JS and PC were the true MVP's without a doubt.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    All I can say about that is THANK GOD JS and PC are in charge of personnel and not someone else. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Truth be told Allen, JS and PC were the true MVP's without a doubt.
    I have no idea who you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paul Allen the owner for hiring Schnieder the GM and Carroll the coach. They have made like 1K roster moves since coming together and built a solid team that is very deep and young.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

IS there a Seattle fan at all who owned season tickets before Pete Carroll was the coach of this team? Any Matt Hasselback fans?

God, I hate bandwagons.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    John Breech @johnbreech

Super Bowl security at the Malcolm Smith press conference giving the same effort as the Broncos tonight.

Epic..

/11-12
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe the Superbowl game last night. What a complete blowout.

I kept reassuring my Denver friends that hey, maybe Manning will get it going at some point...after the missed snap...after the INT...after the opening kickoff return TD...

I knew Seattle had a good defense, I did not expect them to completely shutdown Peyton Manning. He could move the ball, but not when it mattered most. The game was over midway through the 3rd quarter, a complete mirror version of last year where the AFC dominated the NFC team except the 49ers scored more then 8 points.

Just wow. Good for the Seahawks, got their first ring finally. We will see how they do next year.

#GoRavens

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I think it was aimed at the guy I quoted, trying to say it was the defense's fault.

Also, if I hear some sports analyst pull up Manning's stats and say something like "He was fine today", no he fucking wasn't. I do not care that he threw for 250 and a TD and like 70% completion. He DIRECTLY gave up 9 points (more than he scored) and indirectly gave up another 7.
    woah woah. never did i say it was the defense's fault alone. i just said they didn't play that great. and fyi the main reason for that stop you were talking about was because of a penalty putting Seattle in a deep yardage situation, nothing that Denver did.

i honestly felt that it was the entire teams fault they lost. they all played like shit. but to just peg that on peyton or the offense is retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    IS there a Seattle fan at all who owned season tickets before Pete Carroll was the coach of this team? Any Matt Hasselback fans?

God, I hate bandwagons.
    there is bandwagon fans EVERYWHERE. Hell, the Broncos are full of bandwagon fans that are just there because Peyton.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    woah woah. never did i say it was the defense's fault alone. i just said they didn't play that great. and fyi the main reason for that stop you were talking about was because of a penalty putting Seattle in a deep yardage situation, nothing that Denver did.

i honestly felt that it was the entire teams fault they lost. they all played like shit. but to just peg that on peyton or the offense is retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

They played average considering the position the offense put them in. Defense is not a strong point for denver and 2 TO's in the 1st qt against a team that avg 26 points a game is asking a lot.
    You cared enough to post.

the defense played really well in the first half, keeping seahawks out of the endzone twice on two short fields. They only gave up 13 points in the first half, the other 9 points came off the safety and defensive touch down.

Now the second half was a different story, but then again I think after the kick off return it just completely destroyed denver's will and they never came back out to play.

how are people saying Pete Carroll is only the third coach to win both a BCS title and also the Super Bowl? Thats a lie. I pulled the previous BCS winners and there is no USC at all anywhere other than the loss to Texas in 2005. I hope they arent talking about the win over Oklahoma in 2004 because that win is vacated so it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    how are people saying Pete Carroll is only the third coach to win both a BCS title and also the Super Bowl? Thats a lie. I pulled the previous BCS winners and there is no USC at all anywhere other than the loss to Texas in 2005. I hope they arent talking about the win over Oklahoma in 2004 because that win is vacated so it never happened.
    Yes because everyone listens to what the NCAA says. Just like they don't call reggie bush a heisman trophy winner either.

Quote Originally Posted by felcommander View Post
    Yes because everyone listens to what the NCAA says. Just like they don't call reggie bush a heisman trophy winner either.
    Rules are rules. If you break them, you pay the consequences - such as a championship game that no longer counts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodactyl View Post
    Can't believe the Superbowl game last night. What a complete blowout.

I kept reassuring my Denver friends that hey, maybe Manning will get it going at some point...after the missed snap...after the INT...after the opening kickoff return TD...

I knew Seattle had a good defense, I did not expect them to completely shutdown Peyton Manning. He could move the ball, but not when it mattered most. The game was over midway through the 3rd quarter, a complete mirror version of last year where the AFC dominated the NFC team except the 49ers scored more then 8 points.

Just wow. Good for the Seahawks, got their first ring finally. We will see how they do next year.

#GoRavens
    They made the AFC look sooo bad. It makes me think that the other nfc conference teams could also just beat the broncos(maybe not so easily).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Post-game grades for Denver since I had an opportunity to look through some stuff:

Offense: D

Offensive line play was atrocious and Manning made some bad decisions. Receivers actually didn't have too much a problem getting open, especially Welker and Julius THomas, but it was all for naught since they uncharacteristically never got the ball. Demaryius Thomas played well, but he wasn't the only one getting open. Run game looked like it could have got somewhere, but they got away from that quickly (more on that).

Defense: B- first half, F second half.

First half wasn't bad at all. Marshawn Lynch was neutralized (Pot Roast > offensive linemen), Danny Trevathan stopped him three times one-on-one (unreal to see what this dude will be like next year), and even though they gave up some yardage and third-down conversions, at the end of the day they gave the offense two possessions to get something going, which is what you want from a defense. After that Percy Harvin return at the beginning of the half, though, they gave up entirely. It didn't really matter anyways, and they knew it. That touchdown by Kearse was the product of a defense that doesn't care anymore, and ohhh man was it pathetic.

Special Teams: F

That Harvin return was devastating. The return game for Denver was anemic.

Coaching: F, negative grades if that were even possible

Absolutely terrible. Beyond terrible. Where to begin? Lack of discipline all around. Miscue that leads to a safety on the first play of the game. Missed tackles. Have a kicker with the best leg in the league, and have him pooch a kickoff rather than kick it out of the endzone like he does every kickoff. Don't put up a field goal at the end of the half. Run the ball on third-and-ten. Punt from Seattle's 39 yardline. Give up on a run game that was actually able to punch it through for 3+ yards on most plays. Have a record-setting offense with the most talented playmakers in the league look outclassed at the most fundamental level. Missed tackles everywhere on defense. Look defeated after a return in the second half.

Gotta give Seattle credit where it's due, their defense was flying around making plays, and they were absolutely up for the task of playing in the superbowl. On the flip side, Denver played its worst game in two years, in terms of execution, cohesion, and control. Seattle was going to win this game even if their offense and special teams didn't score a single point. Denver was just that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Have a kicker with the best leg in the league, and have him pooch a kickoff rather than kick it out of the endzone like he does every kickoff.
    I've seen this claim that Prater has the best leg in the league a few places and it just isn't true. Prater benefits from kicking in Denver which is touchback city. Outside of Denver Prater has a below average touchback rate of 45.8%.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-pro-bowl/
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I agree that he benefits from playing in Denver, I'm not sure that touchback rate is the best way to measure leg strength. In fact, if you had a kicker with great leg strength, their goal wouldn't be just to kick it out of the back of the endzone, it would be to get a tremendous amount of hang time on their kick, but land it around the 5 yard line. This gives your coverage team plenty of time to get down the field and likely stop the returner before he can get to the 20. Here the touchback rate is 0%, but infinitely more effective than a touchback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

God, I hate bandwagons.
    If you ended up getting season tickets while Pete Carroll has been coaching, you have probably been on the waiting list since before he was coach.

If you weren't a bandwagoner, you'd already know that.

I had different ways I'd want to write my thoughts, but honestly this game was what I expected. I knew that winning the NFC would be much harder than winning the super bowl. The 9ers were much better than any of the divisional AFC teams. One thing that surprises me, while Pete Carroll is a very loose coach, the team remains highly disciplined while on big stages like that. That discipline is fueled by individual goals of the players, it seems like. Wanting to prove the naysayers wrong. They did last night, and for any doubt that remains is just ignorance.

Ahahha, Sherman said that after his first ankle injury the coaching staff made him go out as reputation in order to deter Manning.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2014-02-03 at 10:55 PM.

is it just me or is it easy as hell to get into the NFL HoF compared to MLB? Dont they let like 5 people in every year? NFL network has 3-4 HoFers on their major shows with a few more soon to be inducted like Kurt Warner, LT, and TD. ESPN has CC and Mike Ditka. I dont think MLB network has anyone in the HoF (well unless you count Peter Gammons although technically he isnt in the Hall) and ESPN only has Dave Winfield. I remember Harold Reynolds talking about how it was more special than the NFL hall because so few players in MLB get in each year. You can argue many players got snubbed in MLB but it seems like everyone gets into the NFL hall.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-02-03 at 11:05 PM.