10+ Year Old Account
    For awhile there it looked like Manning was taking my advice and channeling Roethlisberger from his super bowl game against Seattle

also there are ~9 guys on the Broncos defense that don't know how to tackle, so they were real ugly in every facet of the game

the super bowl was worth it for all the MANNINGFACE ohhhhh there was much manningface

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Kam Chancellor was the best player that game. Even taking away the INT, he was just flying around the field making plays. I haven't seen him play all year, but the awareness he displayed when he broke off Julius Thomas to catch up to Welker and break up that pass just in time was something great to behold. Those are the kinds of plays you would see from Ed Reed or John Lynch.
    IAWTP

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the odds of Seattle repeating next season are as good as any other team in history.

Not saying its going to happen...but they aren't losing anyone...they're only going to be better now.

Scary shit.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Then again, the seahawks played their best game in history.
    Denver played their worst game in history they just forget how to play and they forgot everything. Sad.

They just lost the game after the first snap.

And for the Seahwks repeating the same ?
    Well, I just think they had a good season but with weird result, they almost lost to Houston, they struggle against the Rams and the Titans ( wtf). The Colts beat them.

But yes, maybe they struggle in december, but they are definitely a January team. And the most important result are in January
    Anyhthing goes.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Denver played their worst game in history they just forget how to play and they forgot everything. Sad.

Well, I just think they had a good season but with weird result, they almost lost to Houston, they struggle against the Rams and the Titans ( wtf). The Colts beat them.

But yes, maybe they struggle in december, but they are definitely a January team. And the most important result are in January
    Anyhthing goes.
    Rams are not as bad as their record shows. The colts beat sf and den, but had their butt's kicked by arz and st. louis.
    You cared enough to post.

Well, at least 1 good thing. They televised the superbowl here live again for the first time in 10 years or so on the new fox channel. With such a crap game not many people want to watch it again so good chances we will get gamepass for free again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I'd say the odds of Seattle repeating next season are as good as any other team in history.
    Incoming 9-7 NYG team which beats Tom Brady in the superbowl again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Incoming 9-7 NYG team which beats Tom Brady in the superbowl again.
    Pls no.

To be honest, I don't think the Patriots have the players right now to compete with the Seahawks/49'ers. I mean the Broncos clearly showed that their regular players (behind the stars like Manning and D. Thomas) weren't as good as the Seahwaks regular players. Add to that the Broncos clearly showed that their regular players were better then the Patriots regular players, and I think we can conclude that the Patriots need their players to take the next step.

Many of them got a lot of reps this year due to people like Wilfork and Mayo not being there. Let's see if that extra experience pays off when they need to play snaps next year as role players again, instead of starters. With the coaching the Patriots get I'm always willing to wait and see what they can do with an extra year of coaching and training, but guys like Chandler Jones needs to become a force, and not just a good player to take this Patriots team beyond being a good team to a Superbowl contending team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post

Anyhthing goes.
    Well, Denvers worst game could of been the super bowl where the lost to the 9ers 55-10 or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Well, Denvers worst game could of been the super bowl where the lost to the 9ers 55-10 or whatever.
    Yeah, I've seen a tendency among people to put this down as Denver being weak. NO they weren't. They were less prepared then the Seahawks, but they are a damn good team nonetheless. This was first and foremost a Seattle win. They forced this by playing good, aggressive football. To say this Superbowl is a result of Denver being weak is taking away from Seattle's performance, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a tendency among people to put this down as Denver being weak. NO they weren't. They were less prepared then the Seahawks, but they are a damn good team nonetheless. This was first and foremost a Seattle win. They forced this by playing good, aggressive football. To say this Superbowl is a result of Denver being weak is taking away from Seattle's performance, I feel.
    Seattle played better, and they deserved the win. I was particularly impressed with Wilson's performance, he was under pressure a lot and maintained his composure. That being said, Denver indeed had a bad day, and without question we saw Seattle at it's very best on all sides of the ball. But when you think about the Bronco's long drive or two they threw away with an interception and the shitload of third downs Seattle got that the Denver D really shouldn't have allowed, it could have easily been a closer, more interesting game than the final score suggested. But you are right, Seattle looked beyond prepared and Denver looked pretty clueless and failed at doing the same thing over and over. They were the most complete team in the NFL all year and keeping Denver to such a low score shows just how intimidating their defense really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re watching the super bowl on NFLN, man Wilson looked really good. He always talked about wanting to be on the big stages, and being able to perform under pressure. He backed his words up. Only one poorly placed ball in the first half.

Also the ticker on NFLN with the Welker quote saying "We weren't prepared for the noise" makes me laugh. Thanks traveling fans and bandwagoners.

Didn't realize that the Jermaine Kearse TD was probably the most excited Joe Buck has ever been in his commentating career.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2014-02-05 at 04:13 AM.

Pls no.

To be honest, I don't think the Patriots have the players right now to compete with the Seahawks/49'ers. I mean the Broncos clearly showed that their regular players (behind the stars like Manning and D. Thomas) weren't as good as the Seahwaks regular players. Add to that the Broncos clearly showed that their regular players were better then the Patriots regular players, and I think we can conclude that the Patriots need their players to take the next step.

Many of them got a lot of reps this year due to people like Wilfork and Mayo not being there. Let's see if that extra experience pays off when they need to play snaps next year as role players again, instead of starters. With the coaching the Patriots get I'm always willing to wait and see what they can do with an extra year of coaching and training, but guys like Chandler Jones needs to become a force, and not just a good player to take this Patriots team beyond being a good team to a Superbowl contending team.
    Patriot's will be fine next year and in the meantime MLB starts so you can watch the World Series Champs Boston Redsox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking with a buddy in Sea and he said they were opening SafeCo for the celebration cuz it looks like the Clink is going to overflow... that is just crazy they expect that many ppl. Half the town is calling in sick thursday hehe
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    I was talking with a buddy in Sea and he said they were opening SafeCo for the celebration cuz it looks like the Clink is going to overflow... that is just crazy they expect that many ppl. Half the town is calling in sick thursday hehe
    I dunno about you, but I am sick tomorrow too!

Unfortunately I am getting 4 fillings at 6am. I'll still be watching the thing on NFL network. I know some people that are taking a full sized van and ditching class for the day. Crazy stuff.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

If it wasnt for grade A dbags in Carrol and Sherman I wouldnt have minded Seattle winning. Hell I was hugely on their side when they played Pittsburgh (I still say that was the most bullshit game Ive ever seen).

This game was just awful. I dont believe it was rigged or anything of the sort but it was such an eyesore to watch. Its basically everything that could go wrong did go wrong, only on one side. I feel ripped off as a fan of football. We go to the super bowl expecting both teams to put out their best efforts, one team did and the other put out their worst. You can give all the credit you want to Seattles offense/defense but I know complete shit play when I see it and it wouldnt have mattered if that was the Lions defense out there, when you fumble away good drives, hike the ball when the QB isnt looking, blow coverages, miss text book tackles, make zero effort on live balls, and come completely unprepared for crowd noise you are going to lose every time. Both of the championships I care about this year have been complete choke jobs (NBA being the other) and its an utter let down as a fan of neither team.

I am happy for Russel though since hes a good guy, hes sadly getting the Eli/Flacco treatment otherwise id prob like him a lot more.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEp4r2q9tTA

Maybe?

Feels like 2005 all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious Jib but do you still "trust Wilson less than Luck or RG3" like you did at the begining of the season like when I asked you about him?

Denver deff didn't play their best game but IMO your slighting the Seahawks performance. They played the same type of game with same type of results far as turnovers, not leaving anywhere to throw the ball at key times and getting a ton of pressure on the qb rushing 4 and giving some yards but not giving up that many points that they did for pretty much every single game through the season so at what point does that mean that the D had SOME sort of impact on how the other team played?

Anyways I am going to crack a mornin beer and watch the parade and party online (KIRO is streaming it live) since I live 1k miles away and can't go in person like the kids the mayor let skip school to join the other 300K plus expected there.

EDIT To be clear I am not throwing out any sort of GOAT or 85 Bears compairison, just saying they played the same game they did all season long so if anyone wants to say Denver "played down to them" then you need to say the same for every single game they played this year. At some point you have to give it up for great play not JUST bad play is all I am saying.
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2014-02-05 at 06:25 PM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEp4r2q9tTA

Maybe?

Feels like 2005 all over again.
    Ugh, I watched 2 pieces of the "evidence" presented and just didn't feel like seeing more conspiracy crap. It's bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Just curious Jib but do you still "trust Wilson less than Luck or RG3" like you did at the begining of the season like when I asked you about him?
    Probably.

Ugh, I watched 2 pieces of the "evidence" presented and just didn't feel like seeing more conspiracy crap. It's bullshit.
    I hope you weren't surprised...

Though I am glad that there weren't any game deciding calls in that game.