10+ Year Old Account
    @ the Sam thing, I watched several of his games, as I mostly was able to watch College Football on CBS, and it just so happened to air Mizzou often. The kid was a monster, but is a bit on the small side for DE, I would not mind having him on the Niners, but he would only be in for depth, as Carradine is a guy who the Niners just picked up to have for the future. If I were an owner / GM I would be leery about the shitshow that would be inevitable from the media. Pity, because he was a fantastic player at Mizzou, and I think this will make him slide in the draft.

Now for what I would like the Niners do do in the offseason:
    Resign Anquan Boldin, Kassim Osgood, and Phil Dawson.
    Cut Carlos Rogers, fire or demote Greg Roman from OC.
    Trade Mike Iupati for Mid Second / Early Third round draft pick in 2014
    Trade up in the draft with 1st rounder and Niners 2nd rounder in order to select either Darqueze Dennard(DB), or Justin Gilbert(DB). With the 2nd round pick, select Deone Bucannon (SS). If the Iupati trade went through, select a Speedy / Tall WR to stretch the field. Select a OL or two in the middle rounds as a challenge to the developmental guys who have been backups for the past couple of seasons. Also pick up a rookie backup who would better fit the Niner's system behind Kaepernick, McCoy is a joke. Other options in the third round that I would love are: Stanley Jean-Baptiste(DB) and Pierre Desir, both big cornerbacks who did rather well in the Senior Bowl.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2014-02-10 at 05:14 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    @ the Sam thing, I watched several of his games, as I mostly was able to watch College Football on CBS, and it just so happened to air Mizzou often. The kid was a monster, but is a bit on the small side for DE, I would not mind having him on the Niners, but he would only be in for depth, as Carradine is a guy who the Niners just picked up to have for the future. If I were an owner / GM I would be leery about the shitshow that would be inevitable from the media. Pity, because he was a fantastic player at Mizzou, and I think this will make him slide in the draft.
    If he does slide in the draft, I feel like the team that should draft him would be the Seahawks. They seem to have a knack with grabbing players late in the draft and having them perform well. And if this kid gets a shot, he would have something to prove just like those other stars on that defense.

Now, on to my Eagles. I thought last season was a fantastic start to the Chip Kelly era.

I think they need to bring back Maclin on a prove it contract. Maybe even Cooper if they have no plans to draft a receiver.
    I think they need to make a play for Byrd or Ward. We need some serious help in that safety position.
    Then we need to draft on the defensive side. Corners, safety, and a good pass rusher.
    And get rid of Chung. He is so bad.

As for my Bears:

Resign Charles Tillman (hes old but still really good at what he does, can prob even play some safety)
    Resign Major Wright
    Resign Henry Melton (if its a decent deal)
    Cut Julius Peppers (he was that bad, use the money for somebody that will contribute. Hes nowhere near worth 18 mil)
    Let Devin Hester walk (hes so not worth it anymore)
    Sign a Real safety (TJ Ward from Cleveland would be great. Its the biggest need on the team so spending big money here would be fine)
    Sign a OLB (Arakbo would be amazing obviously, but would settle for lesser players that can still be effective)
    Sign a DE (Even a rotation player would work)
    Sign a CB (lots of quality ones available)

The offense is pretty fine for once, might have to replace Garza in the middle which idc about. The O-Line is mostly young and comign together, Cutler is resigned, WRs are top notch and pretty young, Forte is beast, and Martellus is best TE bears have had in a long while. So chug out the money to getting a defense that can compete (which honestly should start with firing Mel Tuckers ass) Fuck it ill add it.

FIRE MEL TUCKER

now then we'd be set
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2014-02-10 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    Niners:
    The refs that did the super bowl, to do the games against Seattle.

- - - Updated - - -

Try hockey. The sharks are good almost every year and nothings faster.
    If I can figure out when the hell the Hockey is played during the Olympics I might try watching it there and see if I like the NHL after that.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I'll join on in this "what your team needs to do this offseason" game.

Packers:
    -Re-sign James Jones (overshadowed by Nelson and Cobb but really a solid receiver, led the league in TDs the other year)
    -Re-sign Sam Shields (our secondary lacks depth and he is one of the few soild backs we have)
    -Re-sign Evan Dietrich-Smith
    -Re-sign Matt Flynn (might sound crazy, but he tried his luck with 3 other teams and they all let him go, and this season showed the value of a good backup QB)
    -Re-sign John Kuhn (an underrated fullback who knows his role)
    -Re-sign Johnny Jolly, who had an amazing comeback year
    -Raji, Starks, sign if its a good deal, if not let them walk. Raji has not been as productive the past couple of seasons and Lacy obviously fills the RB need
    -Let Newhouse walk. A big bust and a terrible LT.
    -Draft a corner or a safety, someone with good closing speed and can be a ball-hawk. In the 2010 Super Bowl season we thrived off interceptions. Lately we have not been picking the ball off very much. Secondary is a glaring weak spot
    -Draft a DT who can actually generate pressure
    -LB is okay, CMIII coming back from an injury will help a lot and AJ Hawk played lights out this year, but another solid linebacker would help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I feel some people might draft him because of this, to get publicity.
    Nobody is going to draft him, IMO. The general public that is now tuned in on this doesn't know a good chunk of mid round picks such as him don't make teams. No team wants that negative attention if that is the outcome.

I'm actually pretty jazzed for what the Jets can do over the next 2 offseasons - they're going to have a ton of room open up on the cap, and they already have one of the stingier d's in the league. If they can get some friggin receivers who aren't banged up and/or old and/or useless, this could be a 12 win team in 2015. Would like to see them upgrade their secondary a bit too - their line is unreal and the big pieces are very young. I don't expect them to be a Super Bowl team in the near future, but I would say things are looking up for the Jets after a few pretty mediocre years. I just want them to be a more complete team instead of having an amazing Run D, ok Pass D, and virtually no O.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Browns weren't done making odd organization moves it seems. Several guys out, and a new guy promoted. The media seems to think this is good, but you have to wonder how this will turn out when they were probably neck deep in planning the upcoming off season and draft.

It's also weird. This front office was hailed as so smart and savy when it pulled off the Trent Richardson trade, and now suddenly it's all bad? You can point to the coach hiring mess of the past weeks, but apparently (according to the media) that had heavy involvement of ownership (meaning front office wasn't entirely to blame).

I wish the Browns luck, but this seems like just another weird move for an organization that's been making them for years now. I don't really expect things to get much better with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Great article that pretty much expresses and underlines why I'm confused and not very optimistic about this new Browns change: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-more-upheaval

10+ Year Old Account
    Haslam is potentially beginning to rival Jones as the worst owner in the NFL today. If this guy and Pettine don't turn a shit team into a playoff team in a season are they fired too? I would not want to be a player for that organization, nor a member of the staff, and it is a pity, because those fans are fantastic, with how much they support the team when they are crap, think of how they would be if the team was good. You would be treated as a hero.

The new Davis understands that you can't get better with tons of turnaround. Hell, even Chainsaw Dan Snyder seems to be catching onto that fact, he just picked the wrong HC in Shanahan.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cared enough to post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, cause that worked so well for Manti T'eo last year. All the attention he got, and people shied away from him, and the team that DID draft him, drafted him cause they needed him, and promptly hid him from sight most of the year. No, I doubt a team would seek him out because of the media attention it would create.
    He was a embarrassing figure, Are you trying to say being gay is bad or harmful?

What I think will happen is a few teams will not pick him then one team will. That team is now shown as 'mature', the press(and maybe the nfl) will like it as it show them and that team being more 'mature' and while they ask the team about it they will just say that they drafted him 'because he is a good player, not because of his sexual orientation' and the team will get good publicity and maybe some new fan. If I really want to get optimistic I could say that team ends up having many fans, and ends up being the 'gay ' team.

How could it be bad? Good defensive player and a bit of free publicity, maybe helping your stadium seats getting filled?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    He was a embarrassing figure, Are you trying to say being gay is bad or harmful?

What I think will happen is a few teams will not pick him then one team will. That team is now shown as 'mature', the press(and maybe the nfl) will like it as it show them and that team being more 'mature' and while they ask the team about it they will just say that they drafted him 'because he is a good player, not because of his sexual orientation' and the team will get good publicity and maybe some new fan. If I really want to get optimistic I could say that team ends up having many fans, and ends up being the 'gay ' team.

How could it be bad? Good defensive player and a bit of free publicity, maybe helping your stadium seats getting filled?
    If it knocks Dallas out of a Monday night game.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, no. I was purely talking about the media interest in his story, nothing else. I could have compared him to Tebow for similar media attention, but felt Tebow as a QB is a different matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The team that drafts him will do it because they like what they see on tape, they like his measurables, and he fits their system, I really don't think that team will get any special credit for progressiveness and they will deny caring about his sexuality at all, they're using the draft to improve their football team, and any player they draft is toward that end.

The team isn't going to be the "gay team" (unless the 49ers take him :P) so I don't see it being a big deal.

As for Vetali thinking nobody will draft him, he projects as a situational pass-rusher special teams player and those guys have good utility. He was SEC Defensive Player of the Year, so you'd think somebody would want to see if that translates to NFL success, of course there is still the combine to come, but to say he won't be drafted seems silly to me, everybody who ever won that award was drafted.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Richie Incognito goes on a twitter rant spree accusing Martin of all kinds of things, and we are supposed to understand from that, that he is not a bully. Right. Cause going on a twitter rant spree making accusations and calling someone out is TOTALLY not what a bully would do.

I'm curious about what the report will say when it comes out, but this guy is definitely on my list of players I hope my team never signs, regardless of if his interaction with Martin will officially be classed as bullying, or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Missouri DE Michael Sam, who has declared for the NFL draft has admitted to being gay.
    aka "HEY EVERYONE! GIVE ME ATTENTION! I NEED ATTENTION!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    aka "HEY EVERYONE! GIVE ME ATTENTION! I NEED ATTENTION!"
    Yeah, or you know, just trying to be himself in a staunchly heterosexually orientated work environment, which in the freaking year 2014 has yet to have an active openly gay person in it, despite being around for close to a 100 years in various forms.

This is not about attention, this is just a guy that's decided that he's not going to hide who he is for the sake of keeping a status quo in tact that should have been broken many MANY years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, or you know, just trying to be himself in a staunchly heterosexually orientated work environment, which in the freaking year 2014 has yet to have an active openly gay person in it, despite being around for close to a 100 years in various forms.

This is not about attention, this is just a guy that's decided that he's not going to hide who he is for the sake of keeping a status quo in tact that should have been broken many MANY years ago.
    This is a sport, not a dating service. Announcing to everyone what your sexuality is is unnecessary, nobody cares, or at least nobody should care. It's about the game, not about whether you fuck men or women.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Saints cut Vilma, Smith, and Harper (A YEAR LATE FOR ALL THREE) which was no surprise. It's a bummer they released Greer he was real steady when healthy. I don't know why they wasted cap space last year on Vilma, Smith, & Harper, sure we can get sentimental about what they've contributed to the team in the past, but they also contributed to the worst defense in the history of the league. For some reason they were retained and then contributed little to the defensive turnaround. Harper played better late in the season, particularly the Seattle playoff loss, but he didn't do much until after Vaccaro got hurt. They will be missed, but I feel like I should've been making this post 12 months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

the Browns are just burning down their factory of sadness, getting rid of everybody in the front office again, yeesh, now those guys are gone before they can even make good on the Richardson trade

I'm thinking the Browns finally make a leap this year. They've got some seriously talented players, and with how deep this draft is they could end up near or at the top of the division. This draft is super deep, too, so they could also trade off one of their 1st rounders to pick up two more picks and really get something going.