10+ Year Old Account
    Well its official, Brandon Browner is suing the NFL. I guess the story goes is the reason why he was an elevated offender is because he didn't do the NFL's drug tests while in the CFL. Not sure how that'll go for him...

Jaworski was trying to say Manziel isn't worth a 3rd round pick. Then backed up on that claim saying "he'd be too injury prone as a scrambler" after saying Kaepernick is the modern Jesus of NFL quarterbacks. Maybe he needs to watch more tape on Manziel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I don't like it. Was really hoping he'd restructure. No doubt he'll have a new team pretty quickly after getting cut.
    The problem with him restructuring is that he still gets the $1.2M in bonuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Unlike Eli, though, Elway at least had a fall back. He had already been drafted by the Yankees to play baseball. He threatened the Colts with that and they really had no choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Well its official, Brandon Browner is suing the NFL. I guess the story goes is the reason why he was an elevated offender is because he didn't do the NFL's drug tests while in the CFL. Not sure how that'll go for him...
    He also didn't do them before he went to the CFL. And it wasn't so much that he didn't do them as opposed to the NFL being unable to even get in contact with him.

Jaworski was trying to say Manziel isn't worth a 3rd round pick. Then backed up on that claim saying "he'd be too injury prone as a scrambler" after saying Kaepernick is the modern Jesus of NFL quarterbacks. Maybe he needs to watch more tape on Manziel.
    I don't watch ESPN. Most of those fools don't know shit about shit. And Kaep isn't as good of a comparison height/size to Manziel. Your boy is a better comparison, but I think Manziel is wider and faster. Oh, and he isn't sporting that wannabe Jheri Curl. Wilson's barber needs to have a few words with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaws is always wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Jaws is always wrong
    Yeah, he is. I just found it funny. Once he watches more tape of him he'll say that hes good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kaep is yet isn't a very good comparison to Manziel. I haven't watched much tape on Manziel, but Kaep takes off if he doesn't like his first read frequently. He needs to work on his progressions. Manziel is a runner as well, but he is much more comparable to R. Wilson in size. Jaws is insane right now, Kaep has talent to be elite and a top 5 QB, he is middle of the pack right now in my opinion, because he really needs to work on reads. He'll improve more this season as he should have Crabtree all year, Davis, an improving Patton, and hopefully Boldin (he is supposedly just working out weather it is going to be a 2 or 3 year contract). Those are some splendid targets.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Kaep is yet isn't a very good comparison to Manziel. I haven't watched much tape on Manziel, but Kaep takes off if he doesn't like his first read frequently. He needs to work on his progressions. Manziel is a runner as well, but he is much more comparable to R. Wilson in size. Jaws is insane right now, Kaep has talent to be elite and a top 5 QB, he is middle of the pack right now in my opinion, because he really needs to work on reads. He'll improve more this season as he should have Crabtree all year, Davis, an improving Patton, and hopefully Boldin (he is supposedly just working out weather it is going to be a 2 or 3 year contract). Those are some splendid targets.
    Having targets doesn't make you better at getting through progressions. Just look at the regression of Tim Tebow as the season progressed. Kaep gets by on his athleticism and benefits from the defense and players around him on offense. If Kaep were asked to do what Cam Newton is asked to do, Kaep would be lucky to win 6 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kaep got better in the playoffs, he killed us in Seattle because he locked onto targets with the interceptions, but he at least did some progressions in the other playoff games. Maybe Geep Chryst (the QB coach) and Harbs MKII will rag on him until he starts getting better at it. My high school football coach made us run a lap of the track every time we tried to do an "arm tackle", I know that this is the professionals and it probably will not fly or work, but every time he locks onto a target, maybe the OL or WR's can force him to pay for a very expensive dinner or something.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    there'd be a lot of QBs in this league throwing to very fat receivers if they tried that

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Kaep got better in the playoffs, he killed us in Seattle because he locked onto targets with the interceptions, but he at least did some progressions in the other playoff games. Maybe Geep Chryst (the QB coach) and Harbs MKII will rag on him until he starts getting better at it. My high school football coach made us run a lap of the track every time we tried to do an "arm tackle", I know that this is the professionals and it probably will not fly or work, but every time he locks onto a target, maybe the OL or WR's can force him to pay for a very expensive dinner or something.
    That's not going to change him. It's just one of those things. Either you get through progressions or you don't. It really comes down to whether or not he's dedicating himself to getting better or he's suffering from Michael Vick Syndrome. Michael Vick Syndrome being enjoying some success as a 1 read and tuck QB until the league figures you out but being too immature or arrogant to bother studying or trying to get better.

And Kaep definitely lost SF the NFCCG. Vernon Davis was sitting wide open underneath for 9-10 yards when Kaep tried to force the ball to Crabtree. Also, I felt Harbaugh should have taken a timeout before that play. I felt that play was a twofold mistake.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    “Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it”
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...k-on-the-colts

Overpay for offensive free agents and let their Hall of Fame defense twist in the wind.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...k-on-the-colts

Overpay for offensive free agents and let their Hall of Fame defense twist in the wind.
    Remember when Irsay said that the way they built the team when Peyton Manning was in town was a mistake? Must not be as big of a mistake as he originally thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    it looks like Jimmy Graham extension talks are bogging down which means we're going to get this damned WR vs. TE thing

such a hassle, the extension will get done eventually but they have to tag him to retain him in the meantime

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Your boy is a better comparison, but I think Manziel is wider and faster.
    Wilson ran a 4.55 40, and is playing at over 220 pounds. Manziel ran a 4.68 40, and weighed in at 207 pounds. Wilson is both faster, and stouter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazshax View Post
    Wilson ran a 4.55 40, and is playing at over 220 pounds. Manziel ran a 4.68 40, and weighed in at 207 pounds. Wilson is both faster, and stouter.
    Combine speeds have little to do with speed in pads. If you'd like a comparison, Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40. Manziel also ran better times in the 3 Cone drill and 20 yd Shuttle runs.

Also, Wilson is stronger. That doesn't necessarily make him wider. Look at Wilson's combine photos and compare them to Manziel. Wilson's arms and legs are more muscular. And despite all that muscle, Wilson still weighed in at 204 at the Combine. 3 pounds lighter than Manziel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ltimore-ravens

Loving the Ravens descent into lotteryville.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-new-york-jets

IF he stays healthy then the jets could make the playoffs.

Why would they play Vick ever? Its fine to sign him to back up but theres no reason to play the guy when Geno is there. Vick has zero future. Geno is all future. Let him improve hope you drafted well. And even if you did make a bad pick Vick sure as hell isnt the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Why would they play Vick ever? Its fine to sign him to back up but theres no reason to play the guy when Geno is there. Vick has zero future. Geno is all future. Let him improve hope you drafted well. And even if you did make a bad pick Vick sure as hell isnt the answer
    That's the problem, though. The Jets aren't sold on Geno. I don't know why the Jets would waste money signing Vick when they could be wasting money signing an offensive weapon for Geno to throw to. Any offensive weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no lottery in the NFL. If you mean "Missing the playoffs", then 20 other teams also miss the playoffs. Finishing 8-8 isn't bad for the Ravens considering the number of losses they took on defense and the trading of Boldin. I'm surprised they did as well as they did and were in control of their own destiny in week 17.

Vick couldn't do shit with the same guys that Foles used to turn into a Pro Bowl QB. There is no way that Vick could take the shit show that is the Jets offense and turn them into a playoff team. Vick is no more than a back up anymore. It's amazing to me how people continue to overrate Vick even when he's 33. He was overrated when he was 25.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why the Jets would waste money signing Vick when they could be wasting money signing an offensive weapon for Geno to throw to. Any offensive weapon. That's the problem, though. The Jets aren't sold on Geno.

Kinda answered your on post, but if not I'm sure you will.

There is no lottery in the NFL. If you mean "Missing the playoffs", then 20 other teams also miss the playoffs. Finishing 8-8 isn't bad for the Ravens considering the number of losses they took on defense and the trading of Boldin. I'm surprised they did as well as they did and were in control of their own destiny in week 17.
    Finishing 8-8 is bad after winning the SB unless settling for mediocrity is ok. They are doing an awesome job restocking that defense too.

Vick couldn't do shit with the same guys that Foles used to turn into a Pro Bowl QB. There is no way that Vick could take the shit show that is the Jets offense and turn them into a playoff team.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330909028 - played well
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330915021 - played really well
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330919021 - played like crap against KC
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330929007 - played avg in a blow out loss against den

Foles pretty much played lights out for most of the season, but what does that have to do with geno and vick? You said they don't feel comfortable with smith so why not take a chance on vick?

It's amazing to me how people continue to overrate Vick even when he's 33. He was overrated when he was 25.
    He is better than geno and could help them make the playoffs with their decent defense? Their offense was "shit show" because Geno was the gift that kept on giving.

He is better than geno and could help them make the playoffs with their decent defense? Their offense was "shit show" because Geno was the gift that kept on giving.
    You dont give up on your 2nd round QB after 1 season in the league. And you certainly dont do it to try out an aging injury prone veteran on a team that has no chance of winning the Super Bowl anyways. You let your young guy work hard and do his best to improve. If you give up on rookies that quickly theres no chance for you as a franchise (and I dont even like Geno)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    You dont give up on your 2nd round QB after 1 season in the league. And you certainly dont do it to try out an aging injury prone veteran on a team that has no chance of winning the Super Bowl anyways. You let your young guy work hard and do his best to improve. If you give up on rookies that quickly theres no chance for you as a franchise (and I dont even like Geno)
    There's a chance for the Jets? In any case, Geno needs competition and that isn't going to come from the guys they have now, so they gotta bring in somebody to back him up, might as well be Vick, of course with the way the Jets treat their QBs I don't expect he would go there unless he had no other offers.