10+ Year Old Account
    So, it's allready the 8th where I am, meaning in a few hours teams will be able to start discussing terms with their own players that have an expiring contract and in 3 days the official free agent period begins. Contracts can't be announced till 4 pm on Tuesday the 11th, although there will of course be los of reports about what's going on before then.

Hoping to hear at least something about the Patriots moves in the next 3 days, cause the suspense is killing me. I'll probably not hear a peep about it though, one of the curses of following the Patriots. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    the quote I was familiar with was
    Yeah, his tone changed quite a bit the more days the super bowl went behind. Going from "I'd love to stay in Seattle" to pretty much saying we can't afford him. Its alright, I hope the raiders pay him 5 years 60 million or something stupid.

But, some ok news in the recent cuts, Doug Baldwin was given a 2nd round tender. Now I wait for Golden Tate news, impatiently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Jaworski was trying to say Manziel isn't worth a 3rd round pick. Then backed up on that claim saying "he'd be too injury prone as a scrambler" after saying Kaepernick is the modern Jesus of NFL quarterbacks. Maybe he needs to watch more tape on Manziel.
    LOL @ Kaepernick comment. Everyone needs to get off the dude's nuts already. He's good but nowhere near a modern-day Jesus. He has a lot of work to do if he wants to be great. There's 7 or 8 QBs that I'd take over him easily.

As far as ESPN goes, Skip Bayless is the WORST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, Sproles is gone. There goes checkdown target #1 for Brees. That guy is a fantastic weapon for a team that actually knows how to utilize him. I.E not San Francsisco for as long as G-Ro is OC.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Welp, Sproles is gone. There goes checkdown target #1 for Brees. That guy is a fantastic weapon for a team that actually knows how to utilize him. I.E not San Francsisco for as long as G-Ro is OC.
    Have to wonder if the Saints are looking to Ben Tate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Have to wonder if the Saints are looking to Ben Tate.
    Tate probably wants starter money, I doubt the Saints have the budget for him, or else they would have kept Sproles/Moore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never thought the Saints had much money problems, Thought Seattle would be worse.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I never thought the Saints had much money problems, Thought Seattle would be worse.
    Dallas is in much much worse shape than both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jimmy Graham is on twitter complaining about the Saints cutting everybody as if he isn't the reason for it, well him and Brees with his big-ass contract. I hope the QBs clamoring for $18+ mil a year are seeing this clusterfuck of an offseason and realizing what their contract will do to their team's cap situation.

I could see SF gunning for Bennet really hard. Play in a system that fits your playstyle, on a team one throw away from making the superbowl? Not a bad deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    If SF goes after any ex-Seahawks, it'll be Thurmond, the Niners need secondary help, and already have the 7/8 linemen under contract that they always have going into the season. Is Bennet better than TJE or Dobbs? Hell yes. Will the Niners shell out money to pay him for a multi year contract with Kaep / Aldon Smith / Crabtree's contract expiring after this year? Hell no.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    If SF goes after any ex-Seahawks, it'll be Thurmond, the Niners need secondary help, and already have the 7/8 linemen under contract that they always have going into the season. Is Bennet better than TJE or Dobbs? Hell yes. Will the Niners shell out money to pay him for a multi year contract with Kaep / Aldon Smith / Crabtree's contract expiring after this year? Hell no.
    Not Browner? Honestly Thurmond is gonna get suuuper overpaid if he hits FA. Hes been suspended twice, and injured a LOT. He said if he gets another major injury hes retiring.

Jags signed Red Bryant to a 4 year deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Browner is really physical, the last two DB's who were on the Niners who were that physical got penalized a LOT in crucial situations (Whitner and Goldson). Thus I am thinking that Thurmond will be the more likely of the two for the Niners to sign. I honestly think that if the Niners were to sign Browner (which I think is incredibly unlikely due to comments he had made about Harbaugh previously) he would be moved to SS rather than CB imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think that if the Niners were to sign Browner (which I think is incredibly unlikely due to comments he had made about Harbaugh previously) he would be moved to SS rather than CB imo.
    I hear there are a number of personnel people with similar projections for Browner, so if he is long-term projected to play safety and has the suspension upcoming, he might find the market a little lower than he expects, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a 1-year some place that will let him play corner and hopefully setup a payday for next year.

Also, I could not see the Saints looking at Tate at all, he doesn't represent an upgrade and there is no allure since he would get shit playing time. They might have interest in McCluster though, that is a guy the Saints would know how to use.
    Last edited by draynay; 2014-03-08 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Saints with McCluster would be freaking terrifying. I do not like that prospect at all. Do not get Dexter McCluster New Orleans!

To have actual news: Sam Shields was resigned by the Packers with a 4 year, 39 million dollar contract. I am not sure about how old he is, so I will not say if I think it is a mistake or not, because there are very few CBs that have done well past age 30 that I have seen. Rogers for SF did well when he was on a one year deal, then fell apart. CB is by far the position that I feel age catches up with you the hardest.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn, thats insane. Now I feel less optimistic about keeping both Thomas and Sherman after next season.

My favourite website for monitoring teams cap woes during the offseason is http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2014.

It seems fairly accurate and is updated regularly. Its funny how much teams cap situations have changed over the last week... even with the better than expected increase a lot of teams have had to be fairly aggressive in cutting cap dead wieght, or restructures, and there will be more to come if they even want a shot at getting some players through FA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a lot of dead money for the Panthers, and if they tried to lose that awful Stewart contract it would double!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rashard Mendenhall announced his retirement. He was a decent player, but never really lived up to the first round selection. I am not thrilled with this, because that means that Andre Ellington might become the feature back in Arizona, that kid has some talent, he can light up opposing defenses if he gets into open space.

With the cap numbers, I am rather satisfied with the numbers on the Niners, even though Carlos Rogers is likely to be cut, adding a bit more dead money on, it will give a hell of a lot more cap space.

Arizona looks like a dangerous team. If Mathieu is healthy anywhere up until the middle of the season and they have a pretty good draft this year I could see them knocking SF or SEA down enough to institute a tie a la 2011 AFC West.