10+ Year Old Account

Elemental and the Ordos Loot...Table?

Greetings fellow shamans! Cheers to my Elemental brothers and sisters!

Sadly, the rest of this post is not as optimistic as my intro..
    With 5.4 coming in just a matter of days, I'd like to turn the attention to Ordos, our new world boss, for a brief moment...
    Now I like the look of the encounter, and even the cloak lockout idea was different to say the least...
    ...HOWEVER!!
    A glance at his PTR loot table thus far has deterred my interest. Is it just me? Well, have a look for yourself.
    Believe me when I say that any change - ANY change at all will do!

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=72057/ordos

I'll try to make it blunt: Every armor piece for Mail Intellect is Spirit+Crit. Seriously. All of it.
    The neck piece is the only item with haste or mastery (depending on which one you choose)... however, it still has spirit/hit attached...
    ...okay, I take back what I said about "ANY change at all will do".
    Just for observation's sake, I checked the other armor type equipment as well.
    Seems the majority received some change in stats between a couple pieces.
    Some don't even have hit / expertise for that matter.
    I understand it may not necessarily be their best stat priorities, but surely one on a couple items must be... some probably have both.

So, having said that, I feel I have to ask...ahem...what the hell?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    EDIT: Adjustments have been made to gear based on patch notes. Nothing more to discuss here. Move along~ =)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Etherius; 2013-09-10 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    At least you'll have some decent gear when you're made to go resto

Deleted
    Its really fucked up.. And that is a understatement.

Get used to it.

SoO nonset Loot is quite similiar, almost any Nonset Item has Spirit or Blue Sockets, there's only 1 nonset item without spirit.

Bracers especially, 3 Bracer all with 2nd Stat+Spirit.

Poorly itemized world boss loot is poorly itemized? Look, I would feel sorry for you, but almost every piece of strength DPS plate on both Galleon and Oondasta was expertise, except for... what, one belt? Usually paired with crit too, so uh, hooray for Warriors who stand in front of the boss!
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Crit's Gonna be pretty decent for Ele Next tier with all the cleave/AoE there is, If youre resto, well, youre welocme

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    Crit's Gonna be pretty decent for Ele Next tier with all the cleave/AoE there is, If youre resto, well, youre welocme
    no . Ele is shit and will stay shit unless Blizzard decides to change it. this Loottable is a Joke.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-09-09 at 01:52 PM.

Indeed, this would be horrible and completely unfair... if it were true. It's PTR, things can change.

If you check the loot table ingame, you'll see they've changed a few items. Bracers are now spirit+mastery, belt and legs and spirit+haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    At least you'll have some decent gear when you're made to go resto
    That gave me a good laugh =p Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Get used to it.

SoO nonset Loot is quite similiar, almost any Nonset Item has Spirit or Blue Sockets, there's only 1 nonset item without spirit.

Bracers especially, 3 Bracer all with 2nd Stat+Spirit.
    Yeah =\ I have managed to put together a list of equipment (and some alternate items) to go after in 5.4. Should turn out alright. Biggest help is not having a giant hit rating trinket. I'm looking at you, Wushoolay's Final Choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Poorly itemized world boss loot is poorly itemized? Look, I would feel sorry for you, but almost every piece of strength DPS plate on both Galleon and Oondasta was expertise, except for... what, one belt? Usually paired with crit too, so uh, hooray for Warriors who stand in front of the boss!
    Ouch. There has been a rather poor mix in some circumstances, and I agree there has been a truckload of expertise and hit items dished out. Some good 5.2 trinkets didn't help that, either. I'm guessing initially the items Ordos drops will prove useful, but everything in SoO will trump this for elemental. In short, not likely to burn any rolls for potential loot on this guy. Guess there's an upside to that in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arknarok View Post
    Indeed, this would be horrible and completely unfair... if it were true. It's PTR, things can change.

If you check the loot table ingame, you'll see they've changed a few items. Bracers are now spirit+mastery, belt and legs and spirit+haste.
    I'll be sure to check that out~ Appreciate it.

Loot from Ordos is only Temporary anyways

Deleted

Sorry but, you're talking BS. Everything is still Spirit + Crit on the PTR.

I suppose my interface is broken then.

i.imgur.com/OR2lGEk.jpg (not allowed to post links yet, sorry)

Oh well, then it totally sucks. Still good for gearing Resto, I suppose...

You act like this is the first time we've had nothing but shitty gearing choices.

Deleted
    I suppose my interface is broken then.

i.imgur.com/OR2lGEk.jpg (not allowed to post links yet, sorry)

Oh well, then it totally sucks. Still good for gearing Resto, I suppose...

What PTR realm? Because i was on the US realms like 5 min before i posted, and it was still all Spirit+Crit. :/

Edit: Seems it has changed now indeed. Appologies.
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2013-09-09 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius View Post
    I'll try to make it blunt: Every armor piece for Mail Intellect is Spirit+Crit. Seriously. All of it.
    TIL: Hit Master is actually Spirit Crit, and Spirit Haster is actually Spirit Crit, and two Blue Sockets and a Red socket is spirit crit, and a Blue and Yellow socket is spirit crit, and a red and a blue socket is spirit crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    TIL: Hit Master is actually Spirit Crit, and Spirit Haster is actually Spirit Crit, and two Blue Sockets and a Red socket is spirit crit, and a Blue and Yellow socket is spirit crit, and a red and a blue socket is spirit crit.
    it has been changed recently. We are happy now.