Deleted

Kor'kron Dark Shamans

So... quick question. The only kills I have seen both on 10 and 25 were made by splitting the raid on two, grabbing one boss each half and moving in circles to avoid getting flooded by all the shit that combat throws at the raid. Looking at the dungeon journal, Haromm has a Froststorm Strike that requires tank switches. That's what the tooltip claims at least. I have read that what it does it's increasing the frost damage of the Wavebinder, so the attack is in place to prevent one tanking the encounter more than forcing tank switches.

And the question is, does the attack forced tank switches on the last version of the encounters (ie heroic)? It has always forced tank switches, but it could be avoided, making it possible to do it without a tank switch? All in all, is still possible to kill them without doing tank switches?

Thanks.

You need to tank switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use this same thread for a quick question about the encounter.

Can ranged dps delete the slime adds quickly or some way of kiting is required?
    I mean, can we have our 3 ranged dps spam aoe on them and be safe or should our frost dk go there kiting a bit the adds with chillbains and howling blasts (like Magmaw hc worms). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by khatsoo View Post
    Can ranged dps delete the slime adds quickly or some way of kiting is required?
    I mean, can we have our 3 ranged dps spam aoe on them and be safe or should our frost dk go there kiting a bit the adds with chillbains and howling blasts (like Magmaw hc worms). Thanks.
    Range can handle them; they die extremely quickly. Our ele shaman mostly handles them by himself with chain lightning. I throw a multi-shot into 'em if they're in range, but yeah, the blobs have very little health and generally just melt from any sort of ranged aoe/cleave.

Yeah Ele Shamy can solo them quite easy. Chain Lightning was like 55% of my DPS on our kill. Just make sure you are close to the smaller Orc... (forgot the name)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks. We've got an elemental shaman so we're good to go I believe.

Not sure if this answers the question, but we held them in the middle of the room, together, and just moved them to the left/right/up/down if there was shit in the centre...then moved them back when it was clear again XD

You do need to tank swap though, don't think it's doable without swapping.

10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't success tonight, too bad.
    I believe a lot of the fight is involved around tanks movement and the usage of the whole space, we failed in stupid things and getting trapped into too many bad stuff and we didn't manage to get the kill, eventhough we brought them down to only 3 milions health in one try.
    Any further tips? Thanks in advance.

Nope, that's mainly it; you've got the right idea. Winning depends mostly on heads-up movement of the bosses by your tanks, so folks don't get trapped behind ash walls or hemmed in to where they drop the green line right on the rest of the raid, or cornered by slimes.

Deleted
    Remember that you can control when they activate their abilities as its based on their hp% . Usually when we reach a corner they are at 60% already so we wait for slimes, then after that push em over so they push the walls at a dead corner. After that its backpeddling time for the tanks :P

Deleted
    I wouldn't advice to tank them separately. They share a healthpool so multidotting/cleaving makes the fight way shorter.
    Tank-swap is needed, the debuff gets really nasty. Concerning the slime-adds: When they spawn our ranges just switch to them (ele-shaman, hunter and warlock) and they just exploded. Did no harm at all.
    We simply kited the bosses clockwise around the yard. Don't stand in shit and you're good to go
    Use Lust/heroism at the end to counter their bloodlust (25% boss-hp). With that tactic we oneshotted them, quite easy fight on normal.

Extra-tip: Both of our tank equipped the dps-cloak. The xuen-proc did over 20m dmg to the bosses, so totally worth it. Especially when you manage the tank-debuff correctly you're nowhere near to dying.

Deleted
    It was a before live question. In 10m normal ptr was possible, 10 ptr heroic was not. I suppose the thread serve a purpose for other people to ask about the encounter but it will get confusing if people reply to the op.

Deleted
    Okay will pop my question in this thread regarding the Ashen Wall mechanic in the Dark Shamans encounter. There were many times that the wall spawned in such a bad manner that 2-3 ranged just went through too fast and got nuked. I guess RNG involved here, if unlucky you are fucked but is there a way to manipulate it? Specifically, can the tank like watch out for the timer of ashen wall and position the boss in a way that the wall will spawn in a position that wont affect us too much? Does the wall imitate the boss's positioning/facing?

Also tips/feedback how to deal with the foul stream/geyser is welcome :P. If something is challenging in this fight is dealing with these 2. Would really love to know how other guilds deal with it

Thanks

The fight is just a pain in the fucking ass. Especially for melee dps. The best advice I can give is to bring amazing healers and to have your tank tanking the Add boss move to some obscure area of the room when they are about to spawn , letting your ranged dps know exactly where they will be and they can use their slows/roots/targeted aoe to kill them before they move much, just make sure when you do this that the tank runs in a tiny circle so they are all grouped up then gets the hell out of the way. Ashen walls spawn across the bosses body right in front of his feet so you know exactly the way they will spawn when its coming off cooldown, try to position the mob that casts the wall in a way that the elementals line up on the sides of the room rather than across the room.

Bench all your melee if you're a competitive guild, we are rather casual and our melee wanted to kill themselves with all the running around and dodging shit.