Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    As someone once told me, you can't fully believe in something unless you experience it first hand.
    Throw him in the fucking sack.

It seems convenient that ghosts exist yet no one has gotten any actual evidence of them, especially in this century...

It's like how the only pictures of bigfoot and the like are always blurry, and now that nearly everyone has cameras on them at all times that take clear pictures, they suddenly stopped.

Perhaps I'm just cynical since I'm fed up with those bullshit "reality" shows about ghost hunting or psychics, or movies, "based on a true story" about ghosts...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This to me is how best to look at these things. Outright dismissing everything, even someone elses experience, seems to just be dismissing it for the sake of doing so, just because you haven't witnessed it. But on the other end of the scale saying everything that isn't explained has to have a paranormal element to it, is just as outlandished.
    Right, it's when it starts devolving into "I can't explain it, therefore I can explain it" that I face-palm.

Just leave it at "unexplained", or better yet: research it (but it's important to check your sources credibility & validity). But don't ever start ranting about how you've seen ghosts or that you were abducted by aliens. That is close-mindedness; being stuck on your own idea of what the experience was, refusing to accept any of the scientific & logical explanations available.

your assuming its a trick of the mind, perhaps because in not having experienced anything of that nature, you have nothing to relate to it.

I don't expect people who haven't seen something unexplained to know what it all means, but there is a balance between what can be rationalized, and what can't.

Infact, in saying such a thing like there being energies left behind by people when they die, is as much a rationalization as much as saying its all in your head.
    It's a safe assumption, our mind can and do regularly play tricks on us. Just look at optical illusions, despite the fact that you know how they work and how much you tell yourself to not fall for them you still fall for them. Our brains are like headless chickens conjuring up the wildest ideas imaginable when something unusual happens.

I'll also have you know, I've experienced plenty of freaky things in my lifetime.

Saying that people leave energies behind them when they die is a wild claim for several reasons, a) these energies have never been detected and b) there is no reason why they even should exist, because when your body dies your brain synapses stop firing. It's similar to pulling the plug on a PC; it just shuts off.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Paranormal things really exist! I know it because I am a werwolf and my best friend is a vampire (Hollywood lies about werewolf-vampire relationship, we get along just fine).

Trassk, just ask me if you have any questions about this topic. (I also know a few ghosts... but they are quite boring!)

Deleted
    I do believe in "supernatural", as i am a religious person so it should be considered as such. Even though i do not consider my christian views as supernatural, i understand that they are so in modern society. I just hate to talk about them in the internet forums because people are too hostile against anything not-proven-by-science when they don't talk face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    I do believe in "supernatural", as i am a religious person so it should be considered as such. Even though i do not consider my christian views as supernatural, i understand that they are so in modern society. I just hate to talk about them in the internet forums because people are too hostile against anything not-proven-by-science when they don't talk face to face.
    Thats because online people arent concerned about hurting feelings.

Deleted
    I guess if u look at the entire image of things , the supernatural become natural .

In real life I tend to just walk away if someone comes to me to talk about religion so you ought to be glad you can atleast have somesort of a discussion about the topic while online.

Deleted
    I proactively sought out a paranormal experience. Me and my girlfriend at the time decided to pick out a supposively haunted pub (b+b) on the between where we lived and our destination in Wales. It supposively had it all, ghost sightings, polterguiests the full shabazz. We got there and it certainly had an atmosphere. The landlord and lady had staff that didn't go in the cellar because they were spooked and didn't sleep in the building (they stayed down the road a bit). Anyway when it got to about 11pm they said goodnight and left us free reign of the bar. For all I know there could have been ghosts standing over me going 'wooooooo' all night and demons slapping me in the face with thier tallywackers but I was blind drunk and so was my girlfriend. I experienced nothing of the sort and had a lovely nights sleep. It's all people spooking themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    In real life I tend to just walk away if someone comes to me to talk about religion so you ought to be glad you can atleast have somesort of a discussion about the topic while online.
    I highly doubt that you would walk away from me as i am quite a intriguing person. I do not start a religious conversation with anyone in real life until that subject comes up somehow. It comes up quite often because people have so many "wrong" ideas about us. Tbh it's quite annoying. Most religious people have nothing against the modern scientific view of the universe. Why would we? If god created the world, there is no reason that god couldn't create it with the big bang. There is no controversy between the christian religion and science.

Deleted
    I'm not superstitious at all. So no, I don't believe in the supernatural as of yet, and I require significant evidence in order to turn my views.

Deleted
    It's a load of rubbish, all of it comes from stories that have been passed down through generations. Why is it that all people that have "experienced" something tend be eccentric and dramatic. Have you ever seen a rational person tell a "real" ghost story? No. It doesn't help either that there's so many movies and TV shows that focus on ghosts, etc, it just feeds vulnerable imaginations.

One of the things that irks me about ghosts is, why do we not see them more? Considering billions of people have died, why is that only a few come back and are spotted by an elite few? Wouldn't we be bumping into a ghost every few yards with so many "lost souls" wandering the earth?

Also, why do ghosts have clothes? Pretty certain their clothes didn't die with them, so wouldn't ghosts be naked?

10+ Year Old Account
    I belive more in tehnology than supernatural. Everything can be explained...you only need smart people. (and the money to pay them)

Also check stuff like Yami Shibai then come back to this tread .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I do not start a religious conversation with anyone in real life until that subject comes up somehow.
    Well that's the thing, it doesn't just "come up somehow" where I live so it's usually a religious person with an agenda who initiates it. So the creepfactor makes me walk away and not that I wouldn't want to discuss about the topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Well that's the thing, it doesn't just "come up somehow" where I live so it's usually a religious person with an agenda who initiates it. So the creepfactor makes me walk away and not that I wouldn't want to discuss about the topic.
    That i understand. I have in my family and in friends people who are not religious so we do not throw our ideas in peoples throat, and nor should anyone else. Any agenda, if stuffed too much, backfires instantly.

Deleted
    I believe the supernatural refers to phenomena that we can't explain yet. I don't think mysticism is involved. Just because something looks magical, unexplainable doesn't mean religion is involved. I think we're smart enough today so we don't quickly jump to the conclusion that Zeus is angry, whenever we see Lightning in the sky.

Some other supernatural phenomena are just due to confused people who thought they saw something.
    Last edited by mmoc2f5249e93c; 2013-09-08 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I've told this story on MMO-C before, but...

I don't officially believe in anything like ghost or monsters but when I'm alone and it's dark and I'm scared I usually address the corner of my room and say things like "I know you're there!" and "I'd rather you didn't kill me" just to be on the safe side. I mean, logically I "know" there's nothing there but it never hurts to cover all your bases. Better safe than sorry. If there turns out there was a ghost there all along it just feels like he'd be more lenient on me when I do that.

Anyway, I talk a lot to ghosts and monsters, but I'm not sure I believe in them.
    Hehe I do this some times myself after playing on my pc into the night, my brain just seems to recognise that I am now in a dark room with my back to the door and the only light source is my computer screen.

I can't say I believe in the supernatural as it is just not logical, but I am human and a slave to my brain and five senses, sometimes they can't agree on what just happened and my brain fills in the blanks as it has veto power. Silly brain!
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-09-08 at 10:08 PM.

idk about the afterlife. no clue what happens, that's why i'm scared of it. ghosts and crap? i don't believe in that.

I don´t believe in anything "supernatural" without evidence. I wont dismiss things outright out of the realm of possibility, but im not willing to take a leap of faith. Modern understanding of physics largely laughs on anything supernatural, so it´s hard to believe in stories about ghosts. The thing that keeps my mind open to some things is that existence itself is a tricky concept.

Isn't it funny when a religious person says that aliens do not exists because there is no proof, yet they believe in god?